Feeling hot, hot, hot!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How hot?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:24 pm

I like it hot but this is too hot for me.
11%
There are little beads of sweat on my head.
28%
Just nice. The office has air con.
22%
I'm sat in the garden right now, it's great. Hee-hee!
22%
Too cold to be honest. Turn it up a bit.
6%
Actually I'm in Seattle and it's raining.
11%

Total votes: 18

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:19 pm

Gertie wrote:it's the whole dept not just my team.

Please keep shusssh on who is me, I was going to say that I was taking the photo... I thought I'd delete it off but it appears to be stuck now... So not sure how to make the photo disappear.
Why the secrecy? I'm intrigued now....
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:22 pm

I voted for Seattle - the closest I could come to a correct answer
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:25 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I voted for Seattle - the closest I could come to a correct answer
Ditto.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:33 pm

americantrotter wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I voted for Seattle - the closest I could come to a correct answer
Ditto.
...and it is raining here at least and not that hot!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Sorry Monty, gloriously hot weather in Preston. Not a cloud in the sky.

I love it! Someone get me a Solero!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Batman wrote:Sorry Monty, gloriously hot weather in Preston. Not a cloud in the sky.

I love it! Someone get me a Solero!
Good point i've got some in't freezer

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:37 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

Please keep shusssh on who is me, I was going to say that I was taking the photo... I thought I'd delete it off but it appears to be stuck now... So not sure how to make the photo disappear.
Me too. ???
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Me too. ???
My guess would be it is inappropriate to post pictures of other people on a site without getting their permission

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:57 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I hate it. The refrigeration bit of the air con has knackered in the office, my hayfever has gone mental and my boss is stressing me. Bring on August!
Aye, where's the "its $hite, turn it down" option? I can never vote in these bloody polls. Its unfair I tell ya!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:I feckin love it, not in work today but normally manchester is 'full of it' when the weathers like this, might go worsley old hall actually and sit in the sun with a couple of dozen pints
mate, believe me its full of it today!!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:08 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Me too. ???
My guess would be it is inappropriate to post pictures of other people on a site without getting their permission
Not at all. :mrgreen:
Let's face it...90% of all the pictures on the internet have been posted without the person in question's consent. :P :P

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:51 pm

Feeling cold, cold, cold. Sun never came out at all today - haar, bloody haar! Max. temperature couldn't have been more than 15C. Hope you all choked on your lolly sticks! :evil:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Feeling cold, cold, cold. Sun never came out at all today - haar, bloody haar! Max. temperature couldn't have been more than 15C. Hope you all choked on your lolly sticks! :evil:
Can you repeat that, only I couldn't hear you over the sound of my buzzing air con, the cool beer being opened and the squeals of the topless trophy birds jumping into the pool.

Where the hell are you? I though it was Scotland not the Falklands...

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:05 pm

It is (southern) Scotland. We never saw an inch of blue sky all day thanks to a lovely sea mist. (Apparently it was glorious about 15 miles away.) By six o'clock there was a howling gale blowing and the streets were empty except for tumbleweed. Thank God for the thousand pounds a head subsidy from England or this place wouldn't be worth living in. :wink:

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:00 pm

It's crackin' the flags I tell yer - not got the patience to sit outside, though I fancy I might 'catch the sun' at the rugby tomorrow.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:41 pm

It's hot, and I'm sat in work with nothing to do and I'm going to miss the England game....this is going to be a very loooooooooooooooong afternoon ahead I think :evil: !!

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:32 pm

You'e all off watching the footy and I'm left talking to meself :cry: !!! Not heard anymore cheers though - that's not too good!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:04 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:You'e all off watching the footy and I'm left talking to meself :cry: !!! Not heard anymore cheers though - that's not too good!
Lousy luck SKD, but never mind. All going okay up to now. Hope you get some more cheers soon. :mrgreen:

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:You'e all off watching the footy and I'm left talking to meself :cry: !!! Not heard anymore cheers though - that's not too good!
Lousy luck SKD, but never mind. All going okay up to now. Hope you get some more cheers soon. :mrgreen:
It's been very quiet since that first goal - I'm sat here hoping for the silence to be broken!!! :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:11 pm

45 minutes of decent football, 45 minutes that exposed us as needing to up the game. No point in getting complacent, we got the three points and finished hanging on with a comic-cuts defending display. No use complaining about the dodgy tackles, dives and at times comical refereeing decisions, this is what we have to expect. Get over it and get on with it. Is Sven operating a "don't give our secrets away" plan? I sincerely hope so because the top opposotion won't get any headaches from this display.

Valdez was immense for Paraguay and thei passing game made our own look ameaturish in the second half. Gerrard had a real off-day, Lampard was unlucky on a couple of occasions and, let's hope this was a deliberate "don't kill yourselves unnecessarily if you're ahead" strategy. I have never been a Neville fan and if he is the best right back we have we are in trouble.

Robinson, solid and never had me worried. Deal well with everything.

Neville.....out

Ferdinand..give it to Neville, give it to the goalie.....very suspect for me. Sooner have Cambell.

Gerrard, made some great tackles but off the pace generally.

Lampard, Terry, no complaints, like to have seen Lampard get forward more.

Cole, (Ashley) good enough but gets a but lacadasical at times.

Beckham, gave some great passes and kept at it.

Cole (Joe) great first half and never stopped trying.

Owen, not as sharp as he should be and his lack of height and pace.

Downing, did well enough.

Crouch. Man of the matchfor me. Never stopped battling on his own and was shabbily treated by the ref.

All said, three points in the bag, first game and a warning of what's to come.

COME ON ENGLAND