Just another day in Blair's Britain..

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Just another day in Blair's Britain..

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:16 am

"A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We appreciate the police operation has caused inconvenience and disruption to the occupants of the house."

Er, you shot one of them mate. Then you span a yarn suggesting they shot eachother. And then you released them both without charge because they were completely innocent. So much for MI5's compelling evidence, and another rousing success in the War on Terror. Good job boys, you just recruited 100 new potential Jihadists.

There is a real threat to our way of life, and it's eminating right from Westminster.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:30 am

They shot each other? With one bullet? Neat trick, unless you had embroidered the story for effect, of course.

But you wouldn't do that - because embroidery of the facts is what you're accusing the Met of, isn't it?
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:24 am

sorry but has anyone actually seen any evidence of what happened in that house? Or are we assuming that because the press wrote something in their clamour for news then it must have come from a police source?
There are questions to be asked about this incident but to go on anything the newspapers have printed so far isn't going to help informed debate.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:53 pm

So if there had been terrorists in that house and police hadn't acted, they'd be damned for that as well?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:48 pm

One always wonders when anti-terrorism stories come out into the mainstream media. Much like enigma in WW2, I'd say it doesn't do to let the bastards know you're on to them.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:19 am

It doesn't take a genius to work out that this sort of thing is harmful to relations with Muslim communities. At the very least it's embarrassing to descend on a house with what is little short of a small army, only to find a couple of aspirin. Thank goodness the bloke who was shot didn't die or this would have been a whole lot worse.

Of course the police have a difficult job to do, and they would be blamed if they were too casual and missed something, but one does wonder if they take into account how damaging it is every time they look heavy handed against certain (invariably non-white) groups.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:01 am

It wouldn't surprise me if the duff intelligence actually came from one of these groups in order to make it appear that they were being victimised. They just love to have their marches etc highlighted in the media.
Look at places like Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Congo, war-torn places where law is ignored, invite people from these countries to live in yours and basically you are inviting this type of trouble to your own doorstep. My opinion, not politically correct maybe but I don't need to conform to the PC brigade's outlook on how great diversity is.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:08 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:It doesn't take a genius to work out that this sort of thing is harmful to relations with Muslim communities. At the very least it's embarrassing to descend on a house with what is little short of a small army, only to find a couple of aspirin. Thank goodness the bloke who was shot didn't die or this would have been a whole lot worse.

Of course the police have a difficult job to do, and they would be blamed if they were too casual and missed something, but one does wonder if they take into account how damaging it is every time they look heavy handed against certain (invariably non-white) groups.
and had they found something, needed to evacuate several hundred people and cordon off 30 streets? The police are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. The police were acting on intelligence (odd word for it but hey ho) that there was a real threat of a chemical or low grade nuclear device. I don't think they took anything lightly.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:59 am

communistworkethic wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:It doesn't take a genius to work out that this sort of thing is harmful to relations with Muslim communities. At the very least it's embarrassing to descend on a house with what is little short of a small army, only to find a couple of aspirin. Thank goodness the bloke who was shot didn't die or this would have been a whole lot worse.

and had they found something, needed to evacuate several hundred people and cordon off 30 streets? The police are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. The police were acting on intelligence (odd word for it but hey ho) that there was a real threat of a chemical or low grade nuclear device. I don't think they took anything lightly.
Yep, I see that. Still - 250 policeman and a gunshot to the shoulder does look excessive when the intelligence is crap.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:22 pm

hindsight is a wonderful thing

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:30 pm

fanz wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if the duff intelligence actually came from one of these groups in order to make it appear that they were being victimised. They just love to have their marches etc highlighted in the media.
Probably not as farfetched as it might appear - disinformation being a time-honoured technique.
fanz wrote:Look at places like Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Congo, war-torn places where law is ignored, invite people from these countries to live in yours and basically you are inviting this type of trouble to your own doorstep. My opinion, not politically correct maybe but I don't need to conform to the PC brigade's outlook on how great diversity is.
Alas, back to twaddle that not only verges on racism but is irrelevant. The Met must bear responsibility for its actions. Lawless immigrants probably represent the same percentage of population as home-grown ones.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:06 pm

I'm not leaving the house again... I'll either get blown up by terrorists, shot by policemen trying to shoot the millions of terrorists roaming the street, or stabbed, because every single person except me is carrying a knife in Britain... I can't even think about happy slapping, bird flu (whatever happen to bird flu?), foot and mouth, ebola, drowning in canals, gangs, hoodies and 70 ft tall zombie aadvarks craving human flesh.

It's dark.. so dark... it's a good job I've got nuclear weapons to defend myself with.
Viva La Portable Radio!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:40 pm

mofgimmers wrote: 70 ft tall zombie aadvarks craving human flesh.
Peter Crouch is in Germany, you'll be OK.