Idiots

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

kissoffboardy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Idiots

Post by kissoffboardy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:56 pm

Press Association wrote:Two England football fans were arrested for flaunting SS insignias in Frankfurt, German police said.

The fans, aged 21 and 24 and from Bolton, Greater Manchester, were held on Saturday at the Waldstadion as England beat Paraguay 1-0.

Both men had daubed the symbols on their bare torsos, an offence under German law.

They were released after paying a surety and allowed to remain in the country but may be prosecuted at a late date.
Clowns!

:(
Slugs and snails are after me
DDT keeps me happy
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum.
Gonna get my Ph.D.
I'm a teenage lobotomy.

www.myspace.com/thebloodykissoff
www.myspace.com/savethedog
www.boltonmusic.co.uk

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:31 am

There's never been a prosecution for this in Germany, so I think they might get away with it.

I wonder what an 'SS Insignia' looks like, if it isn't a Swastika...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:33 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:There's never been a prosecution for this in Germany, so I think they might get away with it.

I wonder what an 'SS Insignia' looks like, if it isn't a Swastika...
It looks like two lightning bolts in a circle if im thinking of the right one

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by furiamex » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:54 am

something like this:

Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 am

According to Reuters they both had Swastikas painted on their body and there were other arrests too..

FRANKFURT, June 11 (Reuters) - Twenty England World Cup fans were arrested in Germany on Saturday, a British police spokeswoman said on Sunday.

She added that 70,000 England fans were thought to have been in Frankfurt for the match. It had been estimated before the tournament that 25,000-30,000 would be in the western German city.

"We understand there were 70,000 English people in Frankfurt yesterday so we see a figure of 12 arrests as quite positive," the spokeswoman said.

Twelve of the arrests were made in Frankfurt, where Sven-Goran Eriksson's team won their opening Group B match 1-0 against Paraguay, and eight in Cologne.

Two were for alleged assault and criminal damage outside the ground and the pair will appear in court in Frankfurt later on Sunday, she said.

Four arrests were made at the game, two fans were trying to steal tickets from other England fans and two had swastikas painted on their bodies.

The latter two have been bailed to reappear at a police station but there will be no further action taken against the former pair.

There were also four arrests and fines for criminal damage and public order offences and two for possession of cannabis for which no further action was taken.

The spokeswoman had no details of the arrests in Cologne.

The arrests i have highligted stand out the most to me. I mean trying to steal tickets off fans from your own team and the pure stupidity of painting Nazi symbols on your body in any country let alone Germany. If they have tickets to future games they should not be allowed to watch the game in my opinion they've let England and Bolton down.

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:58 am

furiamex wrote:something like this:

Yep thats the one i was thinking of takes me back to GCSE history

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:15 am

Muse wrote:
furiamex wrote:something like this:

Yep thats the one i was thinking of takes me back to GCSE history
Ah yes, that looks familiar now.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:13 pm

Pretty much anyone can get caught up in trouble and occasionally be wrongfully arrested but these two k*obs have no such excuse. Lock em up and throw the bloody key away.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:36 pm

I hope that they wern't whites (sic) but manure fans.... :oops:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Pretty much anyone can get caught up in trouble and occasionally be wrongfully arrested but these two k*obs have no such excuse. Lock em up and throw the bloody key away.
They probably come from underpriveledged backgrounds. Shouln't we try and understand them, instead of condemning out of hand?

No, should we bollocks. Lock 'em up, throw away the key, but admininster a good kicking first.

Speaking of idiots, there were disturbances in Manchester, Liverpool and London at match screenings

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 071126.stm

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:27 pm

Lock them up and throw away the key for having a couple of thunder bolts painted on them? That's a bit harsh don't you think, especially seeing as most Germans of the post war generations wouldn't have a clue what the symbols were, such is the extent that some of German history is hidden from them?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:38 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Lock them up and throw away the key for having a couple of thunder bolts painted on them? That's a bit harsh don't you think, especially seeing as most Germans of the post war generations wouldn't have a clue what the symbols were, such is the extent that some of German history is hidden from them?
Are you suggesting a general German ignorance of the existence and symbol of the SS, Mummy? I think that is going a bit far, especially if two chavs from Bolton know about it. I mean everyone knows about the the double lightning strikes.
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I wonder what an 'SS Insignia' looks like, if it isn't a Swastika...
I mean almost everyone.... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:48 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Lock them up and throw away the key for having a couple of thunder bolts painted on them? That's a bit harsh don't you think, especially seeing as most Germans of the post war generations wouldn't have a clue what the symbols were, such is the extent that some of German history is hidden from them?
No. I lost count of how many times I read prior to the World cup starting, that Nazi gestures are not tolerated in Germany and anyone caught indulging in such idiocy could expect the full weight of German law thrown upon them.

Then these two half wits come along thinking "that'll be a laugh" ignore all the warnings and choose to do something anyway. For the disgrace they have brought on our town, let alone our country, I hope they get 2 years each. Notwithstanding the 'throw the key away' sentence being available. :twisted:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Are you suggesting a general German ignorance of the existence and symbol of the SS, Mummy? I think that is going a bit far, especially if two chavs from Bolton know about it. I mean everyone knows about the the double lightning strikes.
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I wonder what an 'SS Insignia' looks like, if it isn't a Swastika...
I mean almost everyone.... :wink:
Well, it just slipped my mind. :oops:

I just remember speaking to some German exchange students at school a few years back and they were telling me that you would never ever see a Nazi symbol in a German classroom (as opposed to in my school, where we had the odd image of the Fuhrer on the wall because of its historical interest), nor anywhere else for that matter.