Summer do's and don'ts

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Summer do's and don'ts

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:06 pm

Do enjoy yourselves. Do have good ideas such as an evening in the garden with the neighbours; have a drink, bit of food, some nice summer music, gazebo, fairy lights, the lot.

Don't have good ideas that are totally speculative. The wife laughingly waved a bottle of champagne about and, since our friends just returned after twelve months in Spain, "celebration" was the cry. Now after already having a fair few glasses of 17.5 proof finest from Jerez, couple of San Miguels, etc etc, well, anyway. It's a "dont" The bottle was followed by another dust gatherer champagne of strong vintage and the bright idea of dropping strawberries into it for added "fizz". Oh joy.

A short time after midnight I suddenly had the weirdest feeling. No pre-warnings of "Hey, I've had enough" etc. Just a quick dash to the bathroom and Niagara falls had nothing on the torrent I produced. After that, I remeber little, except a big dose of "spinning pits", several wake and rush jobs and waking this am feeling like the proverbial.

"Where now the gay Lothario"? (from times when gay meant jolly and fun-loving) Finally up at 9-30, and back again at 10-15. Emerged at 1-30 frightened to death of a glass of water. Well, anyway, I'm alive and when you start a day like that it can only get better. Least, so they tell me. Think I'll live but fro now on I'll give the "Champagne Charlie" tag a miss.

Any one else been to hell and back this weekend? :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Unfortunatley not Tango - I think I shall find my hammock, hang it up in the garden, and pour myself a glass of wine - and sit out admiring the view of Cumbria whilst I still have chance (it'll be a view of chavs breaking into my car in Rusholme very soon :shock: )....

Fancy a glass of bubbly Tango? :twisted: :wink: (cue Tango running to the bathroom.....)

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Summer do's and don'ts

Post by warthog » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Any one else been to hell and back this weekend? :(
Ooh yes.

Went into town last night to have a few beers with a mate of mine. Things were pretty quiet so I got the bus at 10.30 and decided to finish off in the local, which opens until 1 am on Saturday. A chap in there was having a stag do of sorts, and was more drunk than anyone I’ve ever seen. At one point we had a chorus of ‘Auld Lang Syne’ (not really sure why, but is seemed logical at the time.)

After this, I spotted a fellow Whites fan in the other room and went for a chat, which is just as well, because a few minutes later, stag do man decided to take his clothes off. All of them.

My downfall came when I spotted the guest beer – Fullers ESB, which at over 6% alcohol, is a bit potent. You’re fine as long you don’t have more than one of them. Numb nuts here, had several.

I was planning to don my rucksack and do some serious walking today, but I’ve spent most of the day on the sofa convalescing

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:38 pm

Noooooo! Avoid Fuller's ESB at all costs unless you've got a good reason for self-inflicted brain damage. I used to drink a few pints of that on a Sunday evening while at university in Lahndan so that I had a cast-iron medical excuse as to why I couldn't attend Monday lectures.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:25 am

It was my brother's 21st party yesterday, this brave man sat in the garden after the shitty England 'game' (or 'diving fest') until 4am drinking Brazilian lager.

Tremendous. :pissed:

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:06 am

I have been drinking all weekend starting friday night on extra strength Cider before going for a curry. Had a few bottles of Stella during the matches on saturday and Budwiser later at my mates watching Team America. Then finished off the Stella yesterday watching mexico - Iran. Good weekend in all and luckily i never get hangovers :mrgreen:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:05 am

starting at 1pm on saturday in varsity and ending about 3 in bolton supper bar did not make for an energetic sunday.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:01 am

TANGODANCER wrote:A short time after midnight I suddenly had the weirdest feeling. No pre-warnings of "Hey, I've had enough" etc. Just a quick dash to the bathroom and Niagara falls had nothing on the torrent I produced. After that, I remeber little, except a big dose of "spinning pits", several wake and rush jobs and waking this am feeling like the proverbial.
:lol:
Kids and drink, eh?
I was like that the first time I tried booze too! :mrgreen:

It's actually embarrassing the volume of Stella I supped on Saturday. It's not big and it's not clever.
Amazingly I was up at 7am yesterday bright as a button. Trouble is that's now one hangover I'm owed which means I'm probably in for a rough day on Friday after watching the game on Thursday. :cry:
Businesswoman of the year.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:04 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Any one else been to hell and back this weekend? :(
I had my hernia operation late on Friday so I spent the whole weekend sat on my settee watching the TV. My mates rang me (Like they do) at half time on Saturday just to let me know they had been out since 12 Noon. They were obviously half cooked and wanted to tell me what a good time they were having. :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed: :evil: :pissed:

I get my own back as I have a sick note for the next 4 weeks watching every match of the World Cup and getting a tan (Yes where has that sun disappeared to today).

Roll on 2pm - Australia v Japan :D

Malcd - Sober but relaxed

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:34 pm

I did a monster session on saturday, started at my mates at just after 9 am caining stella, got into the pub for 12 then went straight onto Magner cider a dozen or so pints later I decided it was time for vodka as i was getting bloated, after that well I dont know but I somehow stumbled out of a taxi at 3am after going to my mates bar in town, good day/night, Bad head/stomach.

Doing it all again on thursday though! :mrgreen:

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:33 pm

I was projecting brown liquid out of my face in the early hours of Sunday as a result of ingesting stupid substances after a 12 hour drinking session in the sunshine. Today has mostly consisted of a terrible head-ache, frequent cold sweats, and lots and lots of coffee. Should be fully recovered by kick-off on Thursday.

On a possibly more positive note, I've felt too ill to smoke for 2 days, so in theory I've saved a tenner.