Aus V Japan.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Aus V Japan.

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:57 pm

Sounded like a right game at the end. Japan 1-0 up until 84 minute, then conceded 3. Whats all that about???

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Aus V Japan.

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:58 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Sounded like a right game at the end. Japan 1-0 up until 84 minute, then conceded 3. Whats all that about???
Typical, since I predicted 2-0 for Japan. It's a good thing I only had to put five bucks in the pool.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JAM » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:02 pm

Mate of mine was just saying how glad he was that he hadn't put Cahill in his fantsay league team - gutted :D
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:04 pm

JAM wrote:Mate of mine was just saying how glad he was that he hadn't put Cahill in his fantsay league team - gutted :D
Im surprised he wasnt on from the start. Was he injured/not match fit?

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JAM » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:11 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
JAM wrote:Mate of mine was just saying how glad he was that he hadn't put Cahill in his fantsay league team - gutted :D
Im surprised he wasnt on from the start. Was he injured/not match fit?
Don't know but I can't imagine Australia have that much quality that they could afford to leave him out without good reason.
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:14 pm

First and second goal, and jesus fkn christ i am glad i'm not in america

http://sas.scudly.com/WorldCupGoals/9-A ... agoal1.mpg
http://sas.scudly.com/WorldCupGoals/9-A ... agoal3.mpg

"Tim Cahill has tied it! First ever World goal for Australia in a World Cup final!"

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:16 pm

keveh wrote:First and second goal, and jesus fkn christ i am glad i'm not in america

http://sas.scudly.com/WorldCupGoals/9-A ... agoal1.mpg
http://sas.scudly.com/WorldCupGoals/9-A ... agoal3.mpg
I cant get5 them open, but I take it you heard our lovely commentary? I watched more than half of the England match in Spanish.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:19 pm

You'll have to right click and save them.

The US do really need to employ some decent commentators, he sounds like he's come straight from an ice hockey game.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:25 pm

That'll be the guy they recruited from Baseball. I signed a petition with 4,000 other people. ESPN just said that they appreciate the feedback, and it will motivate him to impress all soccer fans. Ugh..................He says PK instead of penalty kick. :vomit:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:28 pm

it's like Boston Goals on Socer AM.. "He's touchdown converted a headshot point in to the net bag, Pilgrims lead 1 to zip."
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:33 pm

The Aussies were so scabby in that game. 3 goals in the last 8 minutes including 2 penalty decisions turned down for Japan from none other than Tim Cahill (thug) after going in with a two footed scything lunge.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:45 pm

americantrotter wrote:That'll be the guy they recruited from Baseball. I signed a petition with 4,000 other people. ESPN just said that they appreciate the feedback, and it will motivate him to impress all soccer fans. Ugh..................He says PK instead of penalty kick. :vomit:
PK is a hockey term for penalty killing.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:46 pm

keveh wrote:You'll have to right click and save them.

The US do really need to employ some decent commentators, he sounds like he's come straight from an ice hockey game.
Hey! Hockey at least has some similarities to football - they use baseball commentators.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:56 pm

The Ausies didn't play well at all, loads of the ball but didn't make any real chances except a couple in the first half and two from free kicks in the second until 6 minutes to go. Japan seemed to be in complete control until in the 84th minute a long throw into the box, goalkeeper came out flapping and missed it completely, balls bounces around like a pinball and Cahill toe pokes it through the legs of about 4 players and its 1-1. Complete mess on Japan's part but that's football I suppose.

After that two excellent well taken goals and we have won our first World Cup game. A great win but not in my view a good performance. Japan looked much better but eventually lost because they sat back and played for a clean sheet in the second half and a 1-0 win. Sound familiar?

Nakata's passing was very good but his tackling was as usual a bit iffy. Hope we bring him back for next season though.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:26 pm

Hmmm, a different perspective on the match ...

Japan were pretty damn ordinary, and Australia not much better.

The persistent fouling from the Australians was understandable - the agility and accelaration of the Japanese meant they couldn't do much else. Brazil will do exactly the same to them, especially a certain Gilberto Silva, as will Croatia.

The 2nd Australian goal was pure class ... Cahill is returning from injury, but is considered fully-fit. No idea why he wasn't in at the start. Australia had 3 very average players that are lucky to play for the country - Wiltshire, Culina and Chipperfield. There are much better options available - but that's what happens when you have a part-time coach.

Kewell was very average, and looked very unfit with 25 minutes to go. Viduka looked capable, but never looked like scoring.

I thought Nakata was the stand-out player for either side ... dictated the play well, ran into space and outshone Celtic's Nakamura (didn't even notice he was playing).

Anyone care to comment on Jap's first goal ??
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:33 pm

And here's the 2nd goal ...

http://sas.scudly.com/WorldCupGoals/9-A ... agoal2.mpg

Takes a while to load.

Suggest turning the sound off, unlike you like hearing the words "poetic justic".
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:57 am

jonnybwfc wrote:Hmmm, a different perspective on the match ...

Anyone care to comment on Jap's first goal ??
I thought that it was a goalkeeper error, he was no where near the ball and I thought that he rushed out into the Jap player and not the otherway round. Not a foul for me and so a good, if lucky goal, and I support Australia.

I believe that Goalkeepers get too much protection these days and get far to many freekicks given their way. Good to see the attacking team get the rub of the green for once.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:33 am

I thought after a replay or two that the goal was legit. "Eyes only for the ball" as they say in Aussie rules.
I don't get this criticism of the match.

It was played with a lot more flair and passion than that Pom/Paraguay game.
Hiddink had a plan and it involved his three man defence clocking up serious kilometres and keeping the Nips pinned.
And when it was over no-one whinged about the pitch being too hard or it being hot.
What could've happened; did.