Silverstones crazy people

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Silverstones crazy people

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:46 pm

I worked Silverstone this weekend, checking tickets, grabbing fence jumpers and dragging people like Gnome off the track :D

To be honest the Grand Prix really doesn't flick my switch, watching cars going round in circles until the best made car wins, BORRRRING :roll:

What I did find surprising was the effort some people were making to get in! Within 10 mins of starting work I was offered £800 to let four Brazilian's in who didn't have tickets. That continued throughout the morning. Some people actually broke down crying because the big meanie SOTWA wouldn't let them through. Not to mention one guy that actually went for me! (bless him :twisted: )

Why people were so desperate to watch the racing is behond me, but each to their own a guess. Funny thing was, five of the guy's were taking the bribes (one making £2000 before 1000hrs...No shxt!!) What they didn't know was cameras were watching everything they did, so not only did they have to return all the money they had made (which went to Silverstone) but they didn't get paid either. Naturally they waited till the end of the day to give them the bad news :D

And the funniest thing of all? Come midday I moved into the stands to watch the track as we were expecting 'Fathers for Justice' to chip up. So not only did I watch the whole race, I got bloody well paid to watch it :D :D :D

Did anyone else make the trip to Oxon to become deaf and skint???
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:27 pm

I gave up on it when it was Silverstone only (Brands Hatch was far superior in many ways) and this was when the ticket prices started to get silly.

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:59 pm

how'd you get the gig working there SOTWA?
and why didnt the people who didnt have tickets just buy some?! they've been desperately flogging them the past few weeks, and there was plenty of room for more

you know i went, had a great time, the race was crap (i was asleep at one point :oops: ) but as a weekend it was fantastic - the GP2 races were great, Lewis Hamilton the big up and coming UK star, lots of promise so i hope he can live up to it.

3rd race i have been to, but first full weekend, and thats definitely the way to do it. the campsite had a great atmosphere, had a great laugh with a lot of randoms, got to see all the practices and various races, and sampled all the grandstands on Friday when we could sit where we liked. my favourite was Stowe, least fave was Becketts grandstand, great action on the corner but the view was crap

The pit lane park was quite good, saw a demo by a Formula BMW car, but they were a bit short, apparently the speed was too slow and they were overheating too quickly

Gutted at Jenson Button's showing, but hey ho

Did you go to the party after SOTWA? Status Quo - load of crap but a great occasion! Rick Parfitt Jr as support :? murdering a LOT of good songs, a few drivers up on stage, was a good laugh and provided the alcohol which inspired us to run around on the grid later on.

here's some more of my highlights for you:

-me on Friday, getting in the mood and looking like a loony!

-ready for the England game on Saturday while rooting for Jenson :(

-me and a lorry :mrgreen:

-me and my mate on the grid

-us with a man with a very cool wig
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"