England Team for Sweden

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

England Team for Sweden

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:30 am

Owen is awful, Lampard's presence is restricting Gerrard, and FAT FRANK is overated. Gerrard is miles better. Lennon was brilliant and deserves his chance.

______________Robinson_______________

Beckham______Terry____Rio__________A.Cole

Lennon_______Gerrard____Hargreaves_____J.Cole

___________Rooney______Crouch______________

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: England Team for Sweden

Post by Bench » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:38 am

daxter15 wrote:Owen is awful, Lampard's presence is restricting Gerrard, and FAT FRANK is overated. Gerrard is miles better. Lennon was brilliant and deserves his chance.

Beckham at right back? Hargreaves ffs? Stay off the Vimto lad.

Owen was poor last night, but you can thank Sven for that. Crouch isn't great at heading high balls, remarkable considering his height, and he cannot hold the ball up that well - which is what Owen needs. He needs a good foil up front which, sadly, Crouch isn't. Now, Rooney and Owen? Thanks very much.....

I tend to agree about Lampard, but thats nothing to do with him being 'crap'. More over Gerrard and Lampard are too similar and do not compliment each other in the middle as they are both attack minded. Consider Nolan/Okocha and Speed. Scholes and Keane. Gerrard and Hamman. Good sides have a balance in the middle. Gerrard and Lampard do not work in this way.

My team:

GK: Robinson
RB: Carragher
LB: A Cole
CB: Terry
CB: Ferdinand
RW: Lennon
LW: J Cole
MC: Gerrard
MC: Beckham
FC: Rooney
FC: Owen
Smarties have answers.....

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:38 am

--------------robbo----------
carra--- rio--- sol ---ashley
becks carrick lamps joseph
---------roonaldo owen-------

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Bench wrote:
daxter15 wrote:Owen is awful, Lampard's presence is restricting Gerrard, and FAT FRANK is overated. Gerrard is miles better. Lennon was brilliant and deserves his chance.

Beckham at right back? Hargreaves ffs? Stay off the Vimto lad.

Owen was poor last night, but you can thank Sven for that. Crouch isn't great at heading high balls, remarkable considering his height, and he cannot hold the ball up that well - which is what Owen needs. He needs a good foil up front which, sadly, Crouch isn't. Now, Rooney and Owen? Thanks very much.....

I tend to agree about Lampard, but thats nothing to do with him being 'crap'. More over Gerrard and Lampard are too similar and do not compliment each other in the middle as they are both attack minded. Consider Nolan/Okocha and Speed. Scholes and Keane. Gerrard and Hamman. Good sides have a balance in the middle. Gerrard and Lampard do not work in this way.

My team:

GK: Robinson
RB: Carragher
LB: A Cole
CB: Terry
CB: Ferdinand
RW: Lennon
LW: J Cole
MC: Gerrard
MC: Beckham
FC: Rooney
FC: Owen
Stop patronising, and get you head up out from your own ass.

If you remember Beckham supplied the cross to crouch, and the pass to Gerrard, in the right back role. He woudl get forward and cross and has played there for Madrid. It is th ebest way off accomodating Lennon, your method with Beckham in the centre detracts from his crossing abilities. Lampard and Gerrard can't play together so we must choose, and Gerrard wins every single time. Carrick is overated, and Hargreaves is fantastic for BAYERN IN THE HOLDING ROLE so he could do a good job there.

Owen does not deserve to start over Crouch, who is scoring goals. Owen has lost his pace, and is conrtibuting nothing to the team.

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JAM » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:27 pm

Can't see Rooney starting as he's unlikely to last 90 mins and if he does he'll be completley fooked.

I'd like to see him given a similar amount of time as yesterday - certainly no more than 45 min. What's the point of risking him for any longer?

Think the only change may come in midfield. The problem is that if Beckham and Gerrard play together then it'll still be Gerrard in the holding role - Beckham has been tried there before and was bloody awful - so we still don't get to see the best of Gerrard.

In my opinion Sven has got Gerrard and Lampard the wrong way round as the second goal yesterday demonstrates.

I'd keep the same team but swap Lampard and Gerrard and give Rooney and Lennon a decent go from the bench.
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:36 pm

daxter15 wrote:
Stop patronising, and get you head up out from your own ass.

If you remember Beckham supplied the cross to crouch, and the pass to Gerrard, in the right back role. He woudl get forward and cross and has played there for Madrid. It is th ebest way off accomodating Lennon, your method with Beckham in the centre detracts from his crossing abilities. Lampard and Gerrard can't play together so we must choose, and Gerrard wins every single time. Carrick is overated, and Hargreaves is fantastic for BAYERN IN THE HOLDING ROLE so he could do a good job there.

Owen does not deserve to start over Crouch, who is scoring goals. Owen has lost his pace, and is conrtibuting nothing to the team.
Stop being so bloody wet and crying that you're being patronised just because I disagree with you. :roll:

If you remember, Sven did the tactical reshuffle that led to a 2-5-3 thingy formation. Beckham appeared to roam around a bit and popped up on the right behind Lennon but also behind Gerrard and Lampard - so he wasn't actually playing as a right back. And considering the pressure that we were exerting it certainly doesn't give enough of a reason to play Beckham as a right back for a full match - starting or otherwise.

Hargreaves is shite. Hence why he never starts. I'd have Carrick in there over Hargreaves any day of the week and three times on Saturday. But we shouldn't drop Beckham or Gerrard (as last nights game proved) to accomodate Carrick or anyone else for that matter.

Crouch scored last night. Wow. So what? How many attempts did he have? How many did he actually get on target? Close to feck all. Davies scores a few goals for Bolton and people still want him dropped. Why is Crouch any different? Owen is getting back to fitness. As is Ashley Cole and as is Rooney. They need games. Owen has proved more times than I care to remember how good a finisher he is. Rooney and Owen for me everytime, Crouch on the bench to rough up the defenders in the last twenty minutes.
Last edited by Bench on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smarties have answers.....

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:37 pm

------------------James
Hargreaves---Carragher--Ferdinand---Bridge
-------Lennon---- Carrick -----Downing
-------------------Lampard----------
------------walcott-----Owen------------

why not give the fringe lads a game? Realisticly we only need a point to top the group, we should be solid enough not to concede and this line up should get goals.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 pm

I think we'll see Rooney start. I fully expect to see Theo Walcott given a chance in this game too seen as we've not really got anything to lose.

I imagine if Walcott plays well, particularly if he scores he'd then start the next game in Owen's place.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:47 pm

communistworkethic wrote:------------------James

why not give the fringe lads a game? Realisticly we only need a point to top the group, we should be solid enough not to concede and this line up should get goals.
In which case wouldn't you like to see Campbell instead of Ferdinand ?
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:------------------James

In which case wouldn't you like to see Campbell instead of Ferdinand ?
he's totally crap as opposed to just shoddy

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Bench wrote:
Hargreaves is shite.
Wrong ..... Wrong... Wrong.... Wrong... Wrong....

Unless regularly fulfilling the holding role for Bundesliga champions and Champs league regulars is SHITE..

He doesn't get picked because we don't generally employ a holding midfielder.. Until we are ahead late in the game and then we use him to screen the back 4 which he generally does OK.. unspectacular.. but OK..
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:34 pm

I'm with Norm on this one!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:06 pm

PMSL.....just to prove the least knowledgable about football tag was spot on!!!

Carragher______Terry____Rio__________A.Cole

Lennon_______Gerrard____Beckham_____J.Cole

WIth Lumpy and Owen as subs.

Hargreaves can fetch the water!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:15 pm

plodder wrote:Hargreaves can fetch the water!!!
Good, because I doubt he could pass it!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:36 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:I'm with Norm on this one!
Me too. I'm sure the fact that OH is Canadian and his parents from Bolton has nothing to do with my view. :oops:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Stu from Saturday
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Stu from Saturday » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:37 pm

Refreshing to see Fat Frank finally being found out by the world and it's dog. Last night he showed just how ineffectual he really is. Plodding, lazy, slow to the tackle and three or four sideways passes. For far too long now he's got away on reputation and the fact he arrives late in the box.

Lampard has ALWAYS had the quality. It's just his continual lazy attitude that disgusts me.

Drop him, then burn him. Burn his face first.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:I'm with Norm on this one!
Me too. I'm sure the fact that OH is Canadian and his parents from Bolton has nothing to do with my view. :oops:
Reasonably cute so he can stay for me...

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Re: .

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:42 pm

Stu from Saturday wrote:Refreshing to see Fat Frank finally being found out by the world and it's dog. Last night he showed just how ineffectual he really is. Plodding, lazy, slow to the tackle and three or four sideways passes. For far too long now he's got away on reputation and the fact he arrives late in the box.

Lampard has ALWAYS had the quality. It's just his continual lazy attitude that disgusts me.

Don't touch his face.... How about he spends the rest of the World Cup in my bedroom... I'll take him to TT tomorrow and then make sure he's occupied for the next 3 weeks???? :twisted:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:51 pm

Stu from Saturday wrote:Refreshing to see Fat Frank finally being found out by the world and it's dog. Last night he showed just how ineffectual he really is. Plodding, lazy, slow to the tackle and three or four sideways passes. For far too long now he's got away on reputation and the fact he arrives late in the box.
Come on Stu, I'm not having it that you held this view when he was with you guys. Say it quietly but I was going out with a Happy Hammer at the time and from what I remember, you guys had him down as a God!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:52 pm

stu giving Daxter a run for his money in next years voting.