Odds shorten on a Dingleburn relegation

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Odds shorten on a Dingleburn relegation

Post by Batman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:58 am

Big Club? MY ARSE!

Blackburn have given Liverpool permission to talk to Craig Bellamy after receiving a bid for the striker.
Rovers boss Mark Hughes told Bellamy, 26, that he can talk to the Reds after the bid met contractual conditions.

Blackburn chairman John Williams told the club website: "We have made it crystal clear to Craig and his advisers that we want him at Ewood Park.

"We made him an improved offer before Liverpool declared their interest, that was consistent with our ambition."

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:06 am

Torn.

Can't stand the horrible Welsh rat, but he's a good player. My major concern apart from his seemingly forgotten injury proneness is his attitude, which is widely reported to stink. At least the fee, believed to £6 million, isn't as expensive as I was worried about.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:24 am

Should we get him I'll be chuffed. I think he's a cracking player, who'll bring a lot to our team and squad as a whole. £6m I also reckon is good value - even if he's a dud and doesn't really perform, we'll be able to flog him for at least £4-5m so won't really make a loss on him. He's also versatile enough to play on the right, which although I don't think is his best position, for something like a European away when you'd rather have Gerrard in the centre I think it makes a good option. He brings us 'possibilities' as Rafa would say.

If it goes through, good signing.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:32 am

you won't be so pleased to have signed him when he's slapped your girlfriend in a Liverpool nightclub
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:40 am

communistworkethic wrote:you won't be so pleased to have signed him when he's slapped your girlfriend in a Liverpool nightclub
He'll have to get in the queue behind Fowler for antics in nightclubs in town :wink2:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:42 am

blurred wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:you won't be so pleased to have signed him when he's slapped your girlfriend in a Liverpool nightclub
He'll have to get in the queue behind Fowler for antics in nightclubs in town :wink2:
surely that's just for the toilets?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:19 am

Touché. Seriously though, if it does go through I reckon it'll be interesting to see how much of this hype around his bad attitude and nightlife loving lifestyle is actually true. Had a mate at Newcastle uni who'd see him sporadically in town on nights out and suchlike, but I don't think his attitude is all that bad, and hopefully Benitez will be able to get him ship-shape. And if he is a pisshead, then I'll go for a pint with him :D

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:28 am

blurred wrote:Should we get him I'll be chuffed. I think he's a cracking player, who'll bring a lot to our team and squad as a whole. £6m I also reckon is good value - even if he's a dud and doesn't really perform, we'll be able to flog him for at least £4-5m so won't really make a loss on him. He's also versatile enough to play on the right, which although I don't think is his best position, for something like a European away when you'd rather have Gerrard in the centre I think it makes a good option. He brings us 'possibilities' as Rafa would say.

If it goes through, good signing.
Pretty much in agreement with that.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:12 pm

Crouch > Davies wrote:Torn.

Can't stand the horrible Welsh rat, but he's a good player. My major concern apart from his seemingly forgotten injury proneness is his attitude, which is widely reported to stink. At least the fee, believed to £6 million, isn't as expensive as I was worried about.
I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, surely Liverpool can do better than Bellamy! At Cov he was nowt more than a disgrace and couldn't be bothered. Another one up their with Bowyer, Macmannaman (you spell it, could tell you a story about that him!)

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:14 pm

I think you are correct in your assessment Blurred and Crouch < Davies. A horrible, horrible, horrible (Yes thats 3) little man. Far too much to say for his self when he is on the field and one of my most hated people in football and believe me I have quite a few.

BUT I wish he would sign for us. He just never stops running and is lighting fast. My only critism of him is he isn't the best finisher in the world, which is why I think he is most effective playing out wide.

Good luck with him if you sign him. I have no doubt he will ruffle a few feather in the dressing room. :crazy:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:42 pm

To be honest, I don't know how he'll deal with being at a 'big club' for the first time in his career (and no, Newcastle do not count as a 'big club' just because they've got a bunch of egos running around the place like Dyer).

He'll be looking around the dressing room for the first time in his career and not be thinking he's the big fish in the small pond that he's always been (Celtic, Newcastle, Coventry), and players like Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso etc will be able to put him in his place, as they've been there and done that.

Yes he's got that little bit of nastiness to him on the pitch, and it's the sort that you love if it's your player and hate if it's someone else's. His speed is quite frightening, and he did manage to bag roughly a goal every other game last year for Blackburn (17 in 32(6) last year). I reckon he'd link up well with the likes of Alonso, Gerrard and Crouch providing him some service, and so long as he can get his ego in check, he'll be great. Hopefully he'll be able to improve his finishing learning from the likes of Fowler, too.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Not that I have any interest whatsoever in the Dingle lot.... But....

I wonder if they have something up their sleeves... Other than extra fingers??

They've shipped out Paul Dickov and now Craig Bellamy??

Will they a bit short up front?? (I'm not talking about Dickov again!)

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:24 pm

I imagine Pongolle will be staying, probably as part of this deal.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:04 pm

Crouch > Davies wrote:I imagine Pongolle will be staying, probably as part of this deal.
Staying at Blackburn you mean? They'd have to sign a new agreement with us, as the loan has expired. Indeed, Benitez the other week was saying that he wanted Flo to stay with us.

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:23 pm

I don't believe that for one second. I know he said it, but if you want my view that's Rafa being sly. If everyone knew we wanted shut it would push the price down.

Would not surprise me if it was a smaller feee + Pongolle.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 am

I'm sure I read somewhere that Bellamy's just got married. Might improve his attitude and calm down his off-field antics? * he said naively *

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:08 pm

You read rightly - he's on his honeymoon as we speak. Though I read somewhere we're speaking to him TODAY which means he's interrupting his honeymoon.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:56 pm

It's a done deal. Bellendamy has signed for the Scousers. Fee thought to be £6.5 million.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:43 pm

warthog wrote:It's a done deal. Bellendamy has signed for the Scousers. Fee thought to be £6.5 million.
I certainly wouldn't be keen on having Bellamy in our side had we bid for him, but I rate him higher than Johnson - interesting to note the £2m difference in price between the two...
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:01 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
warthog wrote:It's a done deal. Bellendamy has signed for the Scousers. Fee thought to be £6.5 million.
I certainly wouldn't be keen on having Bellamy in our side had we bid for him, but I rate him higher than Johnson - interesting to note the £2m difference in price between the two...
My understanding is that Bellamy has a clause in his contract with Blackburn which enables him to be sold for only £6 million - which expires this month.

I would guess that his true market value is a great deal more - and probably would cost much more than the £8.6 million that Everton paid for Johnson.

BBC have confirmed the transfer and comment on the clause -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 097454.stm