Wee Mikey Owen

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Wee Mikey Owen

Post by Gertie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Any news on the little forward's knee????????

Will Sven now regret leaving Defoe at home???

Will Theo get a chance??????

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: Wee Mikey Owen

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:21 pm

Gertie wrote:Any news on the little forward's knee????????

It's twisted

"For shure but you are taking thees risks ash manager"

As much as Borgetti
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:28 pm

communistworkethic wrote: "For shure but you are taking thees risks ash manager"
Ruud? Ruud Gullit?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Gertie wrote:Any news on the little forward's knee????????

It's twisted

"For shure but you are taking thees risks ash manager"

As much as Borgetti
But surely Sven would quote Rafa:

'!Has a mana-her - Hi have a goood squad!'

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:08 pm

GO THEO WALCOTT!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:13 pm

Who? :D

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:15 pm

Walcott... :P I want him to play...
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:47 pm

So, he selects only 4 forwards for the squad ;
one injured at time of selection
another JUST returning from 6 months out
a third - a great lanky git whose inclusion makes the whole team have to play in a way alien to its roots
... and a 17yr old whose club manager won't even make him sub.

What a complete c*nt you look now, Sven.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:So, he selects only 4 forwards for the squad ;
a third - a great lanky git whose inclusion makes the whole team have to play in a way alien to its roots

You have a good point, Bobo. If you are going to take the risk of including Owen and Rooney despite the injury and fitness considerations, you have to have a plan B that includes a reasonable replacement, not a teenager you will never use unless utterly desperate.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:So, he selects only 4 forwards for the squad ;

That's a 5 million pounds a year c*nt, too!

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote: a third - a great lanky git whose inclusion makes the whole team have to play in a way alien to its roots
Fine, but I don't get this bit. There is this great delusion in this country that we play/used to play/deserve to play like Brazil. We play bog-standard football and always have done. Peter Crouch is as close to our roots as it gets.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:37 am

50sQuiff wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: a third - a great lanky git whose inclusion makes the whole team have to play in a way alien to its roots
Fine, but I don't get this bit. There is this great delusion in this country that we play/used to play/deserve to play like Brazil. We play bog-standard football and always have done. Peter Crouch is as close to our roots as it gets.
I understand England has never lost with Crouch on the team. Of course, this may be based on a small sample.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:29 am

50sQuiff wrote:
Must agree with that, we appear to have relatively very poor ball control than many other nations, mainly the South Americans and Asians, because at the school level the big lad always gets to play up front and the long balls into the box start at a very tender age. Also, youngsters play full matches too young when they should be spending their time on learning ball control and skills in one one one situations. Even in yesterday's game there were very few times when an England player actual beat an opponent on the floor through ball skill.

By the way what does Beckham do besides take corners and free kicks? He doesn't appear to take part in much of the build ups, he's much too far out on the right to be effective, and he doesn't seem to be able to beat a man anymore!!! Even the quality of his crosses were nowhere near as good as those by Sweden.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

boltonswede
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by boltonswede » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:36 am

Beckham was shite in all 3 games.
His crosses, free kicks and corners were largely way off for his standards; and i lost count of how many times he hit the only defender standing in front of him.
Nice goal, but porky Joe Cole needs to pass the ball a bit when around the box, fat c*nt thinks he's Thierry Henry.................. :|
Gerroff moi laaaaaaaaaaaaaand !!! Before i kick y'arses !!!!

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:39 pm

Had a feeling Crouch would get blamed - if Beckham and Lampard realised his biggest asset is the ball played into his FEET then maybe the long Hollywood balls would get cut out of the game and it is f**king annoying.

Big blow losing Owen, bigger blow not being able to replace him. I've no problem with selecting Owen and Rooney and Walcott - but leave someone like Jenas at home (Hargreaves' display against Sweden justifies his selection) and take Defoe instead.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:47 pm

Crouch > Davies wrote:Had a feeling Crouch would get blamed - if Beckham and Lampard realised his biggest asset is the ball played into his FEET then maybe the long Hollywood balls would get cut out of the game and it is f**king annoying.

Big blow losing Owen, bigger blow not being able to replace him. I've no problem with selecting Owen and Rooney and Walcott - but leave someone like Jenas at home (Hargreaves' display against Sweden justifies his selection) and take Defoe instead.
Don't remember Crouch getting too much stick here? For me he's done well and shown decent skills on the floor. He puts himself about and has had a decent World Cup so far. It's more a case of us needing to mix our football rather than relying on him winning everything in the air. He certainly hasn't disgraced himself and is way further up the credit league than some of our "stars" up to now. Just my opinion.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Crouch > Davies wrote:Had a feeling Crouch would get blamed - if Beckham and Lampard realised his biggest asset is the ball played into his FEET then maybe the long Hollywood balls would get cut out of the game and it is f**king annoying.

Don't remember Crouch getting too much stick here? For me he's done well and shown decent skills on the floor. He puts himself about and has had a decent World Cup so far. It's more a case of us needing to mix our football rather than relying on him winning everything in the air. He certainly hasn't disgraced himself and is way further up the credit league than some of our "stars" up to now. Just my opinion.
And mine too! Crouchies England form is spot on at the moment. I predict at least one goal from him in the next game.
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:01 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

And mine too! Crouchies England form is spot on at the moment. I predict at least one goal from him in the next game.
Tend to agree as well - he has hustled and tried hard and was MOM in the first game I thought. One terrible effort when his shot almost caused a throw-in. One nice headed goal. He's not responsible for the tactics or the halftime inspirational chat that seems to bring us craching down.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: He's not responsible for the tactics or the halftime inspirational chat that seems to bring us craching down.
Get Sam to pop in at half time and say hello. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Crouch > Davies » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:16 pm

Half time should have been easy last night as well - keep it up! The first half was our best of the tournament so far.