The good news, positivity thread...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:41 pm

Gertie wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gertie wrote:I need good news......... The worst afternoon ever....

Can someone tell a joke, or write a poem...????

I'm off to find the nearest open bottle of Pinot...

:(
Well, you came out ahead of commie in trivia - should give you some bragging rights. :wink:
Thanks Monty that does give me great delight that he came out thicker than the bimbo today... It looks like my online stalker gave himself the afternoon off today..... Some chocolate and white wine will see me right I think.
Does everyone get the same questions because frankly I'd be amazed if anyone who hasn't won mastermind would have the foggiest about some of the obscure references in my questions.

3. "I've been housing all this doubt, and insecurity and I've been locked inside that house, all the while you hold the key." Which song do these lyrics belong to?

5. "The Emporer Mage" - What was Numair's real name?

Yeah right and one about Glengarry Glencross??? You're 'avin a giraffe mate.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:52 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Gertie wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Well, you came out ahead of commie in trivia - should give you some bragging rights. :wink:
Thanks Monty that does give me great delight that he came out thicker than the bimbo today... It looks like my online stalker gave himself the afternoon off today..... Some chocolate and white wine will see me right I think.
Does everyone get the same questions because frankly I'd be amazed if anyone who hasn't won mastermind would have the foggiest about some of the obscure references in my questions.

3. "I've been housing all this doubt, and insecurity and I've been locked inside that house, all the while you hold the key." Which song do these lyrics belong to?

Yeah yeah whatever, today you are thicker than me.... hoooooray!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:54 pm

Gertie wrote:
Gertie wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Yeah yeah whatever, today you are thicker than me.... hoooooray!

I'm thicker than most.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 pm

3. Be my escape
5. Salmalin

Okay, I cheated a bit
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Oooooooooooooooh TV has exploded !!!

Need to get it sorted by Sunday!!!! :o

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm

Gertie wrote:Oooooooooooooooh TV has exploded !!!

Need to get it sorted by Sunday!!!! :o
Must have been all those negative thoughts you were having on this positive thread!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:48 pm

Karma!

OK I'm a lucky girl and I have good friends and support the best football team in the land.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:25 pm

Good News 1: I won on the Dogs last night. Up about £15 at the end of the night.
Good News 2: I passed my assessment at work last week. Only another 2 to go...
Good News 3: Mexico are holding the Argentinians (kiss of death, probably...)
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:17 pm

The stag do was immense fun. I kicked everyone's arses at go-karting (and I'm the only one of the group without a driving license, for extra irony) and there were strippers and lesbians and good food and lots of czech beer and guns and superb weather... great weekend.

I now have tomorrow to recover, England are on the telly, and I get to see my mates baby now she's out of hospital. :)

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:47 am

blurred wrote:The stag do was immense fun. I kicked everyone's arses at go-karting (and I'm the only one of the group without a driving license, for extra irony) and there were strippers and lesbians and good food and lots of czech beer and guns and superb weather... great weekend.

I now have tomorrow to recover, England are on the telly, and I get to see my mates baby now she's out of hospital. :)

Huh?

Was this Nottingham or abroad?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:22 pm

Abroad - Prague to be precise. We went to do some shooting at this gun club place in the afternoon, firing off loads of different types (including a pump-action shotgun with a laser sight, which was very cool).

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:36 pm

I've finished my exams!
Been in the middle of A-Levels during the World Cup,not helped me with revision but now I'm free for the next 15 months so pretty damn happy!
:D

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:42 pm

cophilie wrote:I've finished my exams!
Been in the middle of A-Levels during the World Cup,not helped me with revision but now I'm free for the next 15 months so pretty damn happy!
god i feel old, i did my ALevels during the last World Cup, and it doesnt seem like long ago at all...
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:48 pm

Gnome wrote:
cophilie wrote:I've finished my exams!
god i feel old, i did my ALevels during the last World Cup, and it doesnt seem like long ago at all...
Old, Gnome? I did mine when Nat Lofthouse was still playing for BWFC :oops:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:54 pm

I never did A-Levels. Was last in school during the french World Cup though!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 am

Its Friday!!!, early dart - few pints, home, big brother. get up saturday, bbq mates garden, pub, watch the game. Then Sunday, Airport for 6am - off to sunny Majorca!!! 8)

should be a good weekend! :drink: