How Clever Are You?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:00 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Crap - I was right about today - should have stayed in bed.
Although you did get a poor score today I think you may just win the monthly prize.

Who wants me to delete Montys profile? :twisted:
Is today the last date and it starts fresh tomorrow? I might just hang on. I was worried about Sneaky Sluffy and that Zulu was coming with a late run.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:13 pm

7/10......still got crushed though!

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:25 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Crap - I was right about today - should have stayed in bed.
Although you did get a poor score today I think you may just win the monthly prize.

Is today the last date and it starts fresh tomorrow? I might just hang on. I was worried about Sneaky Sluffy and that Zulu was coming with a late run.
Beneath the blonde Bolton bimbo today.... AGAIN!!!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:38 pm

Gertie wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

Beneath the blonde Bolton bimbo today.... AGAIN!!!!!
Yes, if we'd played the whole month I'd clearly be looking over my shoulder at you too for the overall lead, Gertie. Thank God, I think I'm safe for now - I could never hold my head up in public again if.... Oh well, never mind.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:11 pm

Uh, Oh - looks like I'm tied with Zulu now.

Edit: No it's changed again - this is going to be very close.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

This could indeed be very tight. Zulu needs half a dozen more to play to have a chance.

The quiz is played from the 1st of the month until the last day so today is the last day for this quiz. Tomorrow starts again until the 31st July.

Just so you know who has played most this month, these are the total games played. So although Monty should just have the highest score, it's Zulu who probably deserves it. :pray:

malcd1 10
sluffy 10
marshall 9
Monty 9
TANGODANCER 9
warthog 9
blurred 9
Bruce 9
apathy 9
chris 8
Gertie 8
dave1980 8
Zulu 8
bella 8

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:24 pm

Well that explains my 26th place finish! I have games in hand. 8)

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:51 am

Played today, first time for ages and got all 10 right. Just a a fluke!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:38 pm

malcd1 wrote: This could indeed be very tight. Zulu needs half a dozen more to play to have a chance.

The quiz is played from the 1st of the month until the last day so today is the last day for this quiz. Tomorrow starts again until the 31st July.

Just so you know who has played most this month, these are the total games played. So although Monty should just have the highest score, it's Zulu who probably deserves it. :pray:
I'll take your word for it, Malc, and we can declare Zulu the winner. I'm not sure how to check the June standings anyway since the cumulative seems to have been wiped out. Congratulations to Zulu for the best average and to Sluffy who would have beaten us both but for a catastrophic last day.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:42 pm

No perfect score for me, Faninoz - the question "What store does Justine work at?" meant absolutely nothing to me, but I did get the first line of the Australian national anthem right. :wink:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:55 pm

Had two questions where I was 50/50, and picked wrong on both occasions. Oh well, another consistent 8/10 for me. Still yet to get a perfect 10, but always with the 8s and 9s :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:16 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
malcd1 wrote: This could indeed be very tight. Zulu needs half a dozen more to play to have a chance.

I'll take your word for it, Malc, and we can declare Zulu the winner. I'm not sure how to check the June standings anyway since the cumulative seems to have been wiped out. Congratulations to Zulu for the best average and to Sluffy who would have beaten us both but for a catastrophic last day.
Having now checked my email I find I have been sent a "Hall of Fame" notification with the following results:
1. Monty (118 points, 0 wins)
2. sluffy (115 points, 0 wins)
3. Zulu (115 points, 2 wins)
4. blurred (114 points, 1 wins)
5. dave1980 (104 points, 1 wins)
6. bella (95 points, 0 wins)
7. malcd1 (94 points, 0 wins)
8. andyW (88 points, 1 wins)
9. Bruce (82 points, 0 wins)
10. apathy (81 points, 0 wins)

Now what would be the chances of Zulu getting three or less on his catch-up quiz? Not great, I fear.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:25 pm

8/10. Nice quiz. I think thats quite decent considering i'm probably well below the average age of you lot.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:38 pm

Well done Monty, deserved winner!!!

Great little quiz Malc (apart from the american based questions - grrrr!) - well done to you too!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:20 pm

sluffy wrote:Well done Monty, deserved winner!!!

Great little quiz Malc (apart from the american based questions - grrrr!) - well done to you too!
I can select categories from a 'selection pool' if needed (eg UK Trivia Intermediate/Hard). Our questions are currently Mixed Bag - Intermediate.

The number behind the categories are the amount of questions per subject:

General Knowledge Trivia: Easy/Intermediate 3000
General Knowledge Trivia: Intermediate 3000
General Knowledge Trivia: Intermediate/Difficult 9000
Music Trivia Mix 3000
History & Geography 3000
Mixed Sports Trivia 5000
Bible Trivia 4000
Movie Trivia 4000
Science & Technology 2000
Hobbies 2000
Famous People 2000
The 1980s 900
The 1970s 900
Everything Baseball: Intermediate 3000
Everything Baseball: True Fans Only 7000

and

Australian Trivia: Easy - Intermediate 1000
Australian Trivia: Intermediate - Hard 1000 l
United Kingdom Trivia: Easy - Intermediate 3000
United Kingdom Trivia: Intermediate - Hard 5000

We could change the question pool on a regular basis if everyone agrees or just keep it as it is including all the American questions.

It's not MY quiz it's The Wanderer quiz so I am happy to change it.

Let me have your views.
Malc

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:29 pm

i think baseball, australia and uk questions may have a little too much bias towards one or 2 individuals.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:33 pm

communistworkethic wrote:i think baseball, australia and uk questions may have a little too much bias towards one or 2 individuals.
Baseball? That's like Rounders isn't it? Only, men play it and still require a bigger bat than the one that the girls use to play Rounders with, Is that right? :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:i think baseball, australia and uk questions may have a little too much bias towards one or 2 individuals.
Baseball? That's like Rounders isn't it? Only, men play it and still require a bigger bat than the one that the girls use to play Rounders with, Is that right? :wink:
You got it, Bruce - ball goes a bit faster mind. I'd vote for History/Geography or General Knowledge myself - too many popular culture things in the mixed bag for me (Keep getting trounced by Take That fans :oops: ).

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:44 pm

I am happy to leave it as it is. Our North American cousin's need as much help as they can get! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:47 pm

sluffy wrote:I am happy to leave it as it is. Our North American cousin's need as much help as they can get! :wink:
Right. Gertie just beat me for the third time in a row and she's pickled! I just love mixed bag.