How Clever Are You?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:41 pm

Gertie wrote:Than heavens for Hoggie

:(
Indeed! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Yes, just check the standings button at the top of the page or Hall of fame for last months quiz
Does the top points and score for each day, but not a total score for all people though doesn't it?
Yes it does the total scores that day for all people and the cumulative monthly scores for all people - in each case you have to expand the table for all people at the bottom right of the table. However, I may not be quite clear on what you are asking.
Monty I think Blurred means the score at the far right of the daily table (Usually in the range of 500-950) rather than the daily points awarded.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:13 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Yes, just check the standings button at the top of the page or Hall of fame for last months quiz
Does the top points and score for each day, but not a total score for all people though doesn't it?
Yes it does the total scores that day for all people and the cumulative monthly scores for all people - in each case you have to expand the table for all people at the bottom right of the table. However, I may not be quite clear on what you are asking.
Monty I think Blurred means the score at the far right of the daily table (Usually in the range of 500-950) rather than the daily points awarded.
Okay, well alas that means nothing in the standings
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I find the points given odd. Today, with 8 correct, I have one more point that Bingle (whoever he or she is) who only got 3 right. Of course Bingle completed the test in 22 seconds :shock: which probably means s/he didn't read the clues and picked answer 1 every time, but even so...
Bingle is at it again - 1 right in 27 seconds. I presume s/he must be either the dumbest person in England or a regular player under an alias. Well, as long as s/he keeps finishing dead last I don't suppose s/he alters the standings, but what an odd way to spend one's time. Perhaps printing out all the answers so s/he can eventually do better under the real name because they do repeat the questions. :conf: Since I've been playing I have got a variation of the same question three times.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:58 pm

blurred wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:How the bloomin eck can somebody answer in under 50 seconds? I've just got 8/10 and tried to read, answer and do the mouse bit so quickly my eyes went funny. I go to the scoreboard feeling quite chuffed and some bugger (sorry I forget who) has done it 10 seconds quicker than me! :conf:
That'd be fifteen seconds, actually :wink2: :D

What can I say, I'm a speed reader.

I'm using a laptop with a mouse pad not a conventional mouse and I think that slows me down. But I can't beat 100secs mainly because I just can't read the questions fast enough! Rarely get less than 8 right though as I usually only have to guess a couple and sometimes guess wrongly. But only got 6 right a couple of days ago and was distraught.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:17 pm

10/10 but too slow for 1st again!

Plus I missed out due to the Holiday yesterday.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am

What kind of crazy questions are these??? Who is Tibby????

6. Where was Tibby going for the summer?
Your answer: Greece

The correct answer was nowhere, she was staying home

Tibby is the only one who doesn't go anywhere this summer. She got a job at Wallman's.

I figured Greece would be a nice place to go in the summer??? Obviously not???

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:07 am

Gertie wrote:What kind of crazy questions are these??? Who is Tibby????

Tibby is the only one who doesn't go anywhere this summer. She got a job at Wallman's.

Did you read the (red?) line above the question? It gives the topic.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:21 am

I get questions like that all the time Gertie!

Todays was question 6 as well -

6 This one is on "The Song of the Lioness". Whom did Alanna evetually marry?

Halef Sief, Chief of the Bloody Hawk
Jonathan of Conte, King of Tortall
George Cooper, Baron of Pirate's Swoop
Liam Ironarm, Dragon of the Shang

I guessed wrongly as usual! :oops:

I did read the red line above the question as well but it did not help me.

Funnily enough I also did not know the name of the North Carolina Basketball Stadium!!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:22 am

Bit of a disappointingly slow time today, but I blame having a question on a song lyric from Dylan and having to read 4 seperate lines from 'Blowing in the Wind', and irritatingly the correct answer was the last one.

Shame I didn't know the last wide-receiver to win the Heismann in the 20th century...

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:37 am

sooooooooooo close.

I got the last question wrong :(

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:33 am

Tibby was the name of my sister's cat. She didn't have a job at Wallmans. Clearly, they're lying to you.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:20 pm

What a very nasty selection I got today. What do people from Adelaide mean when they say the Bay? Surely only an Aussie could answer that - I mean it's not even Sydney FFS. I also got the Tibby type question (guessed right) and some 1980s band song title (which I guessed wrong). One American sports question which I could answer but so could everyone on the board I think. I'm having a lot more trouble this month.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:25 pm

Managed a 9/10 today. Not sure how. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:40 pm

God I'm getting worse, only 7/10 today, where's the nearest cliff!!!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:42 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:What a very nasty selection I got today. What do people from Adelaide mean when they say the Bay? Surely only an Aussie could answer that - I mean it's not even Sydney FFS. I also got the Tibby type question (guessed right) and some 1980s band song title (which I guessed wrong). One American sports question which I could answer but so could everyone on the board I think. I'm having a lot more trouble this month.
I didn't get that question. Do we all get different questions when we log onto the site??

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:05 pm

FaninOz wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:What a very nasty selection I got today. What do people from Adelaide mean when they say the Bay? Surely only an Aussie could answer that - I mean it's not even Sydney FFS. I also got the Tibby type question (guessed right) and some 1980s band song title (which I guessed wrong). One American sports question which I could answer but so could everyone on the board I think. I'm having a lot more trouble this month.
I didn't get that question. Do we all get different questions when we log onto the site??
Yes, they have a bunch of questions in every category. Mixed bag pulls a random selection for each person who logs on in our group. This prevents someone from logging on under an alias, such as bingle, finding out all the answers for that day and then getting 10/10 in 30 seconds. At least that is how I understand it, having discussed it with Sluffy who probably figured it out. I have had quite a few Aussie questions, but no Canadian ones in the last month. :evil:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:06 pm

yes, different questions, though I got a repeat for the 1st time today.

9/10 and I missed this one.

6. What is the name of Mia's cousin who turns into a model when he comes up to visit her?
Your answer: Ryan

The correct answer was Hank

Hank comes up with Mia's grandparents on her mother's side. He comes into the city looking like a small town hick, and, with a little help from Lily, stays in town as a Calvin Klein underwear model.

82% of FunTrivia players have answered this question correctly in the past.
Question by player junepearl. (play this quiz!) (report correction)

FFS! who the hell would know that? 82% my arse.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:07 pm

Oh, come on AT - everyone knows it was Hank :mrgreen:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:20 pm

It probably refers to a TV program or Film - check the writing just above the questions and all becomes clear... sometimes :D