How Clever Are You?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:27 am

A cracking time for me, today, happy with that. And if it wasn't for this pesky question....
6. What is the name of the future human who befriends the Time Traveler after he saves her life?
Your answer: Jane

The correct answer was Weena
Still yet to get my first perfect 10, though :( - there always seems to be one question to stump me. Oh well.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 am

Come on!!!! Even gets the baseball question right today!!!!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:50 am

Note to self: Don't enter the quiz when feeling groggy.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:57 pm

Gertie wrote:Note to self: Don't enter the quiz when feeling groggy.
You been on the pino again?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:57 pm

Gertie wrote:Note to self: Don't enter the quiz when feeling groggy.
Four or five points is better than none even for Monday drinkers. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:59 pm

Aha!!! 10/10 in personal record time. Take that all you semi-literate mackems. Only two complete guesses as well
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:00 pm

Sorry if I sound like your missus here Blurred, but how do you do it so quickly? :D

I fair flew through em today and was still 20 seconds behind you. Have you got some sort of 'cheat'?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Sorry if I sound like your missus here Blurred, but how do you do it so quickly? :D

I fair flew through em today and was still 20 seconds behind you. Have you got some sort of 'cheat'?
He's young, Harry, the brain works faster. Or maybe he has a big screen and doesn't waste time scrolling down to the next question. I don't know how you did it in 60 seconds having just posted my all time record time of 71 seconds (I average 90 odd). I'm not sure how anyone can cheat on this game but I'm making enquiries about some people.... :wink:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Sorry if I sound like your missus here Blurred, but how do you do it so quickly? :D
:D

I still get results though, girls :wink2:
Harry Genshaw wrote: I fair flew through em today and was still 20 seconds behind you. Have you got some sort of 'cheat'?
I honestly can't really say. I'm a quick reader, which helps, and I pretty much only scan-read the questions, looking for an apposite phrase and checking the answers to see which one works best. You'd be surprised how often you can read every 4th or 5th word and get the gist of a question enough to answer it.

If a question makes no sense then check the writing just above it, and re-read the thing quickly. The 'general knowledge' type questions are the easiest ones, it's the daft, obscure books, films and TV programs that require a pause. Today's was an especially fine effort from me, if I do say so myself :)

And as for Monty - nah, not a big screen or anything. I've only got a 14 incher ;)

Apathy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Apathy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:17 pm

blurred wrote:A cracking time for me, today, happy with that. And if it wasn't for this pesky question....
6. What is the name of the future human who befriends the Time Traveler after he saves her life?

Still yet to get my first perfect 10, though :( - there always seems to be one question to stump me. Oh well.
I had the same question today, and gave the same answer !

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Apathy wrote:I had the same question today, and gave the same answer !
Great minds think alike. We may not always be right, but we're always alike :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:31 pm

blurred wrote:
Actually this one is not quite so obscure since I believe it is from the H.G. Wells classic (may be a bit before your time though, so to speak).
Today I got a gimme - who said "I came, I saw, I conquered". Actually this was never said - Veni, Vidi, Vici was written on a sign on the conquering general's chariot on his return from Parthia. However, sine the correct answer "No one", or even Sillius Soddus the Signmaker, was not available, I went with Julius Caesar the same as everybody else would have done.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:36 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Today I got a gimme - who said "I came, I saw, I conquered". Actually this was never said - Veni, Vidi, Vici was written on a sign on the conquering general's chariot on his return from Parthia. However, sine the correct answer "No one", or even Sillius Soddus the Signmaker, was not available, I went with Julius Caesar the same as everybody else would have done.
Not to be confused with Dr. Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters with his classic line "we came, we saw, we kicked its ass"
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:41 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Today I got a gimme - who said "I came, I saw, I conquered". Actually this was never said - Veni, Vidi, Vici was written on a sign on the conquering general's chariot on his return from Parthia. However, sine the correct answer "No one", or even Sillius Soddus the Signmaker, was not available, I went with Julius Caesar the same as everybody else would have done.
Not to be confused with Dr. Peter Venkman from Ghostbusters with his classic line "we came, we saw, we kicked its ass"
They knew how to show that prehistoric bitch how we do things dowtown, eh?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:25 pm

Apathy wrote:
blurred wrote:A cracking time for me, today, happy with that. And if it wasn't for this pesky question....

I had the same question today, and gave the same answer !
Bugger I should read these posts before doing the quiz because I got that question today and also put Jane.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
blurred wrote:
Actually this one is not quite so obscure since I believe it is from the H.G. Wells classic (may be a bit before your time though, so to speak).
Not one that I've read, sadly. And given that I'm not a film buff of the modern stuff, not even one I've seen at the cinema. Ho hum, such is life.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:36 pm

9/10 for a monday drinker here. Ballsed up a 10 by forgetting my primary colors.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:40 pm

I've never won a daily competition :cry: but thought I was in with a real chance today. :D Then some person I've never heard of called clingfilm enters for the first time and gets 10/10 in 37 seconds. :shock: 3.7 seconds a question! What's the point in trying? Who is clingfilm? Inquiring minds want to know. :evil:

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:47 pm

Got 10/10 today but in a very slow time of 132 secs, I really don't understand how anyone can do it in 37 seconds. I can't move my mouse that fast. I can only assume that either he/she is very lucky at guessing or gets very easy questions or has found a way to cheat and therefore beat the sites police force system.

Otherwise, even with speed reading and fast mouse movement less than 4 seconds a question appears to this mere mortal to be impossible.

O yes I'm off on holiday tomorrow into the Australian Outback so will not be able to play much in the next few weeks as the Internet is difficult to find out there. Hope Sam is still at Bolton and we have a few new players when I get back.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:52 pm

Cant we ban those that dont belong?