How Clever Are You?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:59 pm

FaninOz wrote:Got 10/10 today but in a very slow time of 132 secs, I really don't understand how anyone can do it in 37 seconds. I can't move my mouse that fast. I can only assume that either he/she is very lucky at guessing or gets very easy questions or has found a way to cheat and therefore beat the sites police force system.

Otherwise, even with speed reading and fast mouse movement less than 4 seconds a question appears to this mere mortal to be impossible.

O yes I'm off on holiday tomorrow into the Australian Outback so will not be able to play much in the next few weeks as the Internet is difficult to find out there. Hope Sam is still at Bolton and we have a few new players when I get back.
Have a good holiday, cobber, - I'll be going soon but suspect I will find the internet in most places.

Edit: Others have their suspicions. From the trivia site:
andyW: Is clingfilm somone who re-registered having played once?
malcd1: The IP address doesn 't match anyone who has already played
malcd1: But it does seem very suspect. Oh and it 's not me.
Monty: clingfilm has ruined my day, my month...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:17 pm

americantrotter wrote:Cant we ban those that dont belong?
Of course we can. :twisted:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:20 am

GRRRRR! Am I cursed never to get a perfect ten? From what I thought was a slow time today, too (had to stop to read at least 3 questions) I got this pearler first up:

1. How many children were sung about?

Just great, that.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 am

blurred wrote:GRRRRR! Am I cursed never to get a perfect ten? From what I thought was a slow time today, too (had to stop to read at least 3 questions) I got this pearler first up:

1. How many children were sung about?

Just great, that.
Almost as good as "What sort of ice cream was Gracie eating at the bar?" Who the ---- is Gracie FFS? and more idiot questions. Who writes these, Ant and Dec? :twisted:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:37 am

Is there anyway we can start to add our own questions?
Give those bloody yanks (sorry AT! :wink: ) a taste of their own medicine with loads of questions about the Wanderers. Or even about TW..... :twisted:
Businesswoman of the year.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:48 am

I tried this yesterday and didn't do very well, today 10 out of 10 in 50 ish seconds. I am quite odviously cleverer than i look, by the way does everyone get different questions ? as i am a little confused by previous comments regarding questions that folks have had.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:16 pm

knobpolisher wrote:I tried this yesterday and didn't do very well, today 10 out of 10 in 50 ish seconds. I am quite odviously cleverer than i look, by the way does everyone get different questions ? as i am a little confused by previous comments regarding questions that folks have had.
Firstly well done!

In respect of the questions - yes, but saying that we do seem to get similar sort of questions. Its my guess that each of our 10 questions are picked at random from ten other quizes. So for instance for question one of our quiz you might get say question seven from that quiz it is drawn from and I might question eight.

For question two from our quiz you might get say question nine from the quiz it is drawn from and I might get question five, and so on through the ten questions.

I think this would also answer the question of why we get 'nonsensical' questions like Blurred and Tango got today. It's my guess that those sort of questions are from a quiz on say a book or a film and thus if you knew the book / film the questions would make sense - but by asking a random question from the quiz on that book / film the question then becomes quite meaningless.

Hope this helps.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:34 pm

7/10 more daft arsd questions about books no one's ever heard of.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:16 pm

Explanation of an answer that I got wrong:
This is sung when Angel and Collins meet for the first time, after Angel helps Collins because he has been beaten up and robbed of his coat.
:conf:
It doesn't help to live in North America you know. :cry:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Isn't that from the musical "Rent"?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:38 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Isn't that from the musical "Rent"?
I don't know but you could well be right. Living 500 miles from Broadway does not mean any greater familarity with musicals than being 5000 miles away for me, alas.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:45 pm

I wish I could get these so called "American" questions.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:13 am

Well, hot dog, I managed my first 10! Including a couple of complete guesses, including "4. Australia's largest bird of prey is the bird emblem of the Northern Territory, what is it's name?" and more bizarrely "1. What are the first four words that Paolo sings at the concert?" which was something to do with the Lizzie Maguire movie! :D

I feel so much better about myself already. Perhaps I should prepare for the quiz like this every day (have a skin-full the night before!)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:50 pm

Congrats, Oh Blurry one - I wouldn't have got the second one there. My experience was not very good today.
On one question I had to choose from these four possible answers:
1. Jeg vil gjerne ha en kopp te
2. Gi meg en kopp te
3. Jeg vil gjerne ha en kopp kaffe
4. Kan jeg få en røyk?
Try doing that in two seconds, you speed freaks! Even Norwegians might have had trouble.

The last question was most bizarre. The subject was "This trivia quiz"
The question was "You don’t like the author, you should rate the quiz 'very poor' just because you don’t like the author, is this right? "
The possible answers were variations of yes, no, maybe and who cares.
I had to read the question three times to understand it.

I got both those right but fell afoul of some Tom Cruise movie and the Latin name for a plant.
Tail-end Charlie again today I fear.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:58 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Congrats, Oh Blurry one - I wouldn't have got the second one there. My experience was not very good today.
2. Gi meg en kopp te
4. Kan jeg få en røyk?
Try doing that in two seconds, you speed freaks! Even Norwegians might have had trouble.
Depends what the question was :P

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:10 pm

blurred wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Congrats, Oh Blurry one - I wouldn't have got the second one there. My experience was not very good today.
2. Gi meg en kopp te
4. Kan jeg få en røyk?
Depends what the question was :P
A fairly obvious one that I think most TW people would get right if they took the time to figure it out (although only 72% of Fun Trivia types got it right). I was just moaning about the way it slowed me down.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:13 pm

9. Who did Delta play on the soap opera - "Neighbours"?

Your answer: Summer Hoyland

The correct answer was Nina Tucker

She took time off from the show because of Hodgkins Diesese.

85% of FunTrivia players have answered this question correctly in the past.
Question by player Stezzie. (play this quiz!) (report correction)

WTF, How the hell would I know that. 9/10 down to that crap question.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:19 pm

Everyone new that!! Pop songstress Delta Goodrum, now girlfriend of former Boyzone tosser Brian McFadden.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:22 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Everyone new that!! Pop songstress Delta Goodrum, now girlfriend of former Boyzone tosser Brian McFadden.
Er.... :oops: .... almost everyone.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:09 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:Everyone new that!! Pop songstress Delta Goodrum, now girlfriend of former Boyzone tosser Brian McFadden.
Er.... :oops: .... almost everyone.
He was a former Westlife boy actually :roll: