England Vs Portugal B team.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:03 am

All right here's the deal. despite all the pessismism. (Yes I've had a few drinks) This is England's chance. I am going to a good friends wedding. I have to get up at 4 am to be able to get to the destination and watch the game, then the ceremony. It's my fourth US state to watch an England match in this world cup. (Massachusetts, California, New Jersey and now New York for those interested) I have rooted for England my whole life. I have lived with immense dissapointment. (none as bad as England not making USA 94, (alright check that France 98 was worse)

I really feel this is our chance. Come on England! I really dont want this to end this weekend. get behind the lads. This is it. COME ON ENGLAND!

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:43 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:
plodder wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I thought the Dutch made it fairly clear how to tame Ronaldo...
Kick him as hard as you can!!!

Is that not below us?
Probably - but the little bastard does deserve a good shoeing! :evil:
I'd love to see Rooney snap his leg! Just for the Scottish tit's reaction :mrgreen:
Not nice at all.

As an aside Lumpylard is struggling for fitness. Perhaps he will allow others into the team and change the game for us. Maybe even allow Gerrard forward to shoot more. We'll win that way.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:31 am

americantrotter wrote:I really feel this is our chance. Come on England! I really dont want this to end this weekend. get behind the lads. This is it. COME ON ENGLAND!
As usual it's the American who speaks the most sense when it comes to getting behind England (well apart from yours truly of course :mrgreen: )

Seconded AT. COME ON ENGLAND!!
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:32 am

COME ON ENGLAND

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:59 pm

Typical Cat and Mouse game. Slow build up by England with quite a few long balls to Rooney which have been a waste of time. No Chances except a couple of long shots easily saved. At least Lampard got one on target.

They are not any better but our defence still seems creeky at times and nearly let them in a couple of times. The 4-1-4-1 / 4-5-1 formation just doesn't seem to work in attack but at least has so far kept them out. Can't see how we are going to create a goal scoring chance other than a set piece, but we have only had a couple of corners and one freekick in Beckham's range.

Looks like a Sam attempt to keep a clean sheet, but even if they succeed do we have the ability to score the penalties????

Hoping for a better second half.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:23 pm

Cheating bastards, i hope someone splits christiano ronaldo in two. That wasn't a sending off at all, stamp my arse how you can say that was intentional amongst that little melee, I don't know.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:54 pm

I'd like to be there when Ronaldo and Rooney report back for pre-season training at Man U.

Our ten men have done us proud with Hargreaves working his nuts off. And yes, Portugal are cheating bastards.
Last edited by warthog on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:55 pm

Summed it up for me, 2mins left, 0-0, Scolari out directing play, Sven sat on his arse.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:56 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Cheating bastards, i hope someone splits christiano ronaldo in two. That wasn't a sending off at all, stamp my arse how you can say that was intentional amongst that little melee, I don't know.
I think he was sent off for pushing Ronaldo, the Ref's body language was not that he was considering giving a card of any colour before that event.

Rooney should know better, when you may be in danger of a card the thing to do is keep well out of the way of the Ref. To raise your hands and start arguing and pushing people around in front of the Ref is down right stupid. I appreciate its difficult in the heat of the moment, it was still handbags at 20 paces and not a Red card.

As for Ronaldo I am at a loss for words to desribe the cheating *****************!!!!!?????
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:34 pm

Fecking pennies AGAIN

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:49 pm

anyone at all shocked at Fat Frank's miss???
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:49 pm

It's all over.

:(

Everyone must now get wasted.

Roll on 2010.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Batman wrote:Fecking pennies AGAIN
Fantastic performance by the ten men for an hour they looked equal to 11 man Portugal. Crouch was excellent as was Hargreaves and the rest. Perhaps we should play 4-4-1 more often, we looked in control and made a few half chances.

BUT what very poor penalties, the one we scored only just crept in, but the Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher (why him I don't understand) ones were very poor. Yes Ricardo chose the right way to go but the shots weres so soft and predictable that I think my Granny, God rest her sole, could have saved them.

So here we go out again in the most unfortunate way. Very very sad evening all round. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:58 pm

2010 with Nolan as captain. :pissed:

Robinson - Feck all to do :pissed:
Neville - Crouch - see above. :pissed:

How the hell did we lose? :pissed:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:02 pm

communistworkethic wrote:anyone at all shocked at Fat Frank's miss???
Nope. Didn't fancy him or Gerrard to score. Why they both didn't nail it as hard as they could is anyone's guess. Again, well done Hargreaves.

Still, it wasn't really the penalties that were the problem. The moment doesn't lend itself to measured assessments, but I've never rated Eriksson and I won't be sad to him go.

So, we're all Brits behind Murray now then... :roll:
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Fantastic performance with 10 men? I don't agree at all. No wonder so many of you were drooling over Mexico, if putting everybody but one guy behind the ball is your idea of a "fantastic performance." Hargreaves was great, and Crouch worked hard to get forward (but he lacked the skill necessary to create real danger). Other than than, crap all around. What saved you was that Portugal were just plain poor too. All they did was pass the ball around the wings 25 yards out while England sat in the box. Then they blasted lame long shots. Hardly a decent look at Robinson's goal despite the man advantage. They will really need to step it up, but the return of a fresh Deco should help.

I don't know how anyone can complain about Rooney's sending off. He kicked a guy in the groin. We know Rooney, we know what a lunatic he is, so claiming that he "accidentally" placed his cleats perfectly into Carvalho's crotch is either incredibly naive or just England looking for excuses again.

:pray: Ricardo. Lampard has been so dismal at penalties that is was clearly a mistake to have him up there first. And then Carragher has to take a huge chunk of the blame here. What football player doesn't know that YOU ALWAYS MISS THE SECOND PENALTY. But he doesn't wait for the whistle like an idiot, gets carded, and misses the second one. Big mistake by Sven putting him on. Big mistakes by Sven all around.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:19 pm

Defenders cannot take penalties - end of.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:34 pm

fµcksake , them portugal cheating bastards will get some shit back when they play brazil (or france?) as those teams are more 'stuck up for' by the bigwigs and when the referees thinking "brazil are the bigger team so ive got to give them the rub of the green" on dodgy decisions ...

my money's on shit ronaldo (for those in doubt the real madrid* one) to get red carded in the semi final ..

* do you think rooney will want to play with that cheating dickface anymore?

the england team wants overhauling proper , dropping all these aparantly 'world class' players that are not 'world class' , as theyve had too many chances ...

does erikson have the same agent as theo wallcott ???

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:36 pm

I am happier than Man Yoonited are falling apart.

Heinze hates everyone
Ronaldo hates Nistelrooy
Nistelrooy hates Ferguson
Ferguson hates Nistelrooy
Rooney hates Ronaldo
Ronaldo hates Rooney

Panda
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Panda » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:40 pm

Ronaldo must hope he gets that move to Real Madrid in the summer.
Otherwise he's going to get one hell of a kicking from the opposition each time he plays for Man U.
Tw@t.