England Vs Portugal B team.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:In one word: CHEATED.

Not one member of the England team dived, tried to get anyone sent off, or did the agony act. Credit to them for that.
On the other side of the coin, Portugal dived, tried to get everyone sent off and played the agony card at every challenge.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Rooney's sending off was diabolical. He didn't deliberately stamp on the Oscar-winning lemon on the floor. If he had done the b-----d would have deserved it for his own antics. Ronaldo was straight in with the protests and wanted Rooney off. Rooney was incensed by it and pushed him away. Who here wouldn't have done the same? As soon as Rooney walked Jessio winked at one of his mates and put a finger to his lips. It was quite plain to see.

Not long after Jessio got a free kick with the agony, screaming and seveteen roll-overs, act when the player didn't even touch him. Plain and simple, we were up against a bunch of cheats. Worse, the ref let them get away with it. Every 50-50 challenge was a free kick for them.

Last line: What a shit feeling to see Jessio score the winning penalty. I hope he goes to Spain and gets the shit kicked out of him. Coniving, diving, cheating, posing long-necked cry-baby asshole.

I repeat: CHEATED
Err, that is the most load of bollocks I've read. Anything constructive to say about the first half, Tango? Maybe England aren't that good as a team, thats the real problem here. As for Portugal's diving and cheating, remember how Micheal Owen won penalties against the Argentinians in the last two world cups? Anyone see Gerrard fall AGAIN yesterday after the faintest ot touches? I'm afraid there was nothing wrong with Portugal's tactics, they did what every other nation has done at the tournament, including England.

As for the Rooney sending off, it clearly was a stamp and was sent off for exactly that. I think Ronaldo protested because he had a clear view of what happened, AS WOULD ANY TEAMMATE, Portuguese or otherwise.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:42 pm

Yesterday, whilst viewing through a haze of strong lager and jingoism, I was adamant it was never a deliberate stamp and that we'd been cheated.

Having just watched the highlights in the stiflingly hot but sober light of day, it was a blatant and deliberate stamp and Ronaldo had every right to be incensed.

That's football.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:51 pm

We WAS cheated!!!

By a sex obsessed useless bleeding Swede!!!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:13 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:

Not one member of the England team dived, tried to get anyone sent off, or did the agony act. Credit to them for that.
On the other side of the coin, Portugal dived, tried to get everyone sent off and played the agony card at every challenge.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Rooney's sending off was diabolical. He didn't deliberately stamp on the Oscar-winning lemon on the floor. If he had done the b-----d would have deserved it for his own antics. Ronaldo was straight in with the protests and wanted Rooney off. Rooney was incensed by it and pushed him away. Who here wouldn't have done the same? As soon as Rooney walked Jessio winked at one of his mates and put a finger to his lips. It was quite plain to see.

Not long after Jessio got a free kick with the agony, screaming and seveteen roll-overs, act when the player didn't even touch him. Plain and simple, we were up against a bunch of cheats. Worse, the ref let them get away with it. Every 50-50 challenge was a free kick for them.

Last line: What a shit feeling to see Jessio score the winning penalty. I hope he goes to Spain and gets the shit kicked out of him. Coniving, diving, cheating, posing long-necked cry-baby asshole.

Err, that is the most load of bollocks I've read. Anything constructive to say about the first half, Tango? Maybe England aren't that good as a team, thats the real problem here. As for Portugal's diving and cheating, remember how Micheal Owen won penalties against the Argentinians in the last two world cups? Anyone see Gerrard fall AGAIN yesterday after the faintest ot touches? I'm afraid there was nothing wrong with Portugal's tactics, they did what every other nation has done at the tournament, including England.

As for the Rooney sending off, it clearly was a stamp and was sent off for exactly that. I think Ronaldo protested because he had a clear view of what happened, AS WOULD ANY TEAMMATE, Portuguese or otherwise.
Noticed you didn't put all the post up Dr K?

As I said in a previous reply, I stand by what I said. Football has gone to the dogs because of cheating. It is rampant in the game and is ruining it. England are not good at it, prefer not to do it, and enter tournaments like this knowing damn well what will happen. I absolutely detest the likes of Ronaldo who seems to think he has a God-given right to just prance around, win every decision and score at will. The man's attitude disgusts me. He has talent but if he needs to set out to cheat then he shouldn't play. Cheating needs stamping out of football, not encouraging. Till that happens England will never win anything.

Yes, we set off looking promising, but we are playing the finest teams in the world and can you honestly say we have been up for that from day one? Truth is, most defenders from other nations have more ball skills than our forwards, we have hardly anyone in a national team capable of taking a man on and the one man up front idea is a disaster against defenders at this level. We also had a manager who seems devoid of ideas that didn't centre around Beckham's free kicks. I am as patriotic as the next man but to think we are the finsest team in the world is a joke right now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:20 pm

As I said in a previous reply, I stand by what I said. Football has gone to the dogs because of cheating. It is rampant in the game and is ruining it. England are not good at it, prefer not to do it, and enter tournaments like this knowing damn well what will happen.
This is just a lie, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, and Steve Gerrard can (and do) dive with the best of them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:35 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
As I said in a previous reply, I stand by what I said. Football has gone to the dogs because of cheating. It is rampant in the game and is ruining it. England are not good at it, prefer not to do it, and enter tournaments like this knowing damn well what will happen.
This is just a lie, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, and Steve Gerrard can (and do) dive with the best of them.
Let's leave off the lies bit HP.

It's my opion and I'm entitled to it. Until the Italians and Spaniards introduced cheating into the game everybody used to play football. If a player did that in ameteur football when I played you wouldn't need a ref to punish him. His mates would do it. Teams like Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan, Wolves, Tranmere and many others used to kick seven bells out of each other regularly, but nobody dived or feigned injury until the foreign players started appearing in our leagues. Now we've become a nation of actors and jessies because of it. What do we have to do to compete at World Cup level; learn to cheat as well as the rest, or stamp it out and play football? You can have your opinion on that one, I know what mine is.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
Let's leave off the lies bit HP.

It's my opion and I'm entitled to it. Until the Italians and Spaniards introduced cheating into the game everybody used to play football. If a player did that in ameteur football when I played you wouldn't need a ref to punish him. His mates would do it. Teams like Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan, Wolves, Tranmere and many others used to kick seven bells out of each other regularly, but nobody dived or feigned injury until the foreign players started appearing in our leagues. Now we've become a nation of actors and jessies because of it. What do we have to do to compete at World Cup level; learn to cheat as well as the rest, or stamp it out and play football? You can have your opinion on that one, I know what mine is.
Seconded!!!!

Not like you Peds! Can we just put this down to a typo? Not a nice thing to say about anyone without just means.
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:52 pm

Wait wait wait Tango. First you said of cheating "England are not good at it, prefer not to do it." Then you said "Now we've become a nation of actors and jessies because of [foreign players]." That's a contradiction. Are you now admitting that English players do indeed dive? It's not like some Italian held a gun to Joe Cole's head and said "go down at the slightest touch or I'll pull the trigger." Guys like him, Gerrard, and Ashley Cole decided they would do it and thus removed any argument you might have had about "cheating" Portugese players.

Also on this subject, look at this little bit of irony from a player who usually gets his first dive in within 60 second of the kick-off:

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/arti ... ard-wavers

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Dr.Karl wrote:

Tell me I'm wrong.

Noticed you didn't put all the post up Dr K?

As I said in a previous reply, I stand by what I said. Football has gone to the dogs because of cheating. It is rampant in the game and is ruining it. England are not good at it, prefer not to do it, and enter tournaments like this knowing damn well what will happen. I absolutely detest the likes of Ronaldo who seems to think he has a God-given right to just prance around, win every decision and score at will. The man's attitude disgusts me. He has talent but if he needs to set out to cheat then he shouldn't play. Cheating needs stamping out of football, not encouraging. Till that happens England will never win anything.

Yes, we set off looking promising, but we are playing the finest teams in the world and can you honestly say we have been up for that from day one? Truth is, most defenders from other nations have more ball skills than our forwards, we have hardly anyone in a national team capable of taking a man on and the one man up front idea is a disaster against defenders at this level. We also had a manager who seems devoid of ideas that didn't centre around Beckham's free kicks. I am as patriotic as the next man but to think we are the finsest team in the world is a joke right now.
I didn't put up all the post because I thought what you wrote in the stuff highlighted was plain simply wrong. The other stuff I didn't have a problem with. Like I say we dive with the best of them and its hard to accept when we lose but its a bad excuse to say the Portuguese cheated and sent off Rooney when in the cold light of day he sent himself off. I can't honestly see what Ronaldo did wrong, if he thinks he got fouled he has a right to say his opinion and likewise if he thinks one of his team mates also got fouled. All the teams do it, including England.

Shrearer's comments wound me up yesterday, claiming that the English don't cheat and hound the ref. He was the worst offender of buttering up the ref, talk about pot calling kettle.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 pm

I would actually think less of Ronaldo if he didn't stick up for his teammate after he was kicked in the junk.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Okay, let's calm the action and put this thing in perspective:

Firstly, Rooney was being battered around by not one, but three Portugese defenders. He had to put his foot down somewhere and he did it between the legs of a player on the floor. Since he was facing the other way at the time andd falling to boot, I'm not sure where the deliberate foul comes in. What I do know is that Ronaldo was straight in there shouting the odds. Rooney gave him a "keep out of it" butterfly push and got a red card. Ronaldo turned away and blatantly winked. It's all over the national dailies here in England today. Manchester United fans are claiming they don't want him back and Rooney say's he'll never play with him again. The result was we played with ten men against a quarter final World Cup side. We did that because of Ronaldo, not Rooney. I'll state now that this is my opinion to stop anyone calling me a liar!

As for the cheating, well, half the nation seem to share the same views from what I've seen and read. Every time a Portugese player was tackled he went to ground like someone had stun-gunned him. Are we saying whatever number of wrongs = a right? My whole howl was about my detesting any form of cheating. It has come into football to the extent that we are suggesting it's okay to do it because others do? Is that what you are saying? If so, then it's maybe time football called it a day. I detest it when Diouf or Stelios do it. It's cheating. I detested it even more when a Marseilles defender knocked a ball over their bar with his hand and got away with it. Big muscualr guys like Drogba get feather touches and go down screaming. What would they do if someone smacked them on the jaw in a pub? My guess is they'd be fighting mad, not dead! How would they fare in a rugby team?

If cheating is to be allowed into the game then maybe we should have a "cheat of the year" award with the emphasis on pride and not shame. The whole concept of it makes me sick. Maybe that and a little bit of knowing that when all's said we just weren't good enough. Alan Ball talked the most sense I've heard him come out with in forty years (he comes from Farnworth where I live) when he said England had an opportunity to be legends and they should grab it with everything they had. They never looked like doing that with eleven men, never mind ten.
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Okay, let's calm the action and put this thing in perspective:

Firstly, Rooney was being battered around by not one, but three Portugese defenders. He had to put his foot down somewhere and he did it between the legs of a player on the floor. Since he was facing the other way at the time andd falling to boot, I'm not sure where the deliberate foul comes in. What I do know is that Ronaldo was straight in there shouting the odds. Rooney gave him a "keep out of it" butterfly push and got a red card. Ronaldo turned away and blatantly winked. It's all over the national dailies here in England today. Manchester United fans are claiming they don't want him back and Rooney say's he'll never play with him again. The result was we played with ten men against a quarter final World Cup side. We did that because of Ronaldo, not Rooney. I'll state now that this is my opinion to stop anyone calling me a liar!

As for the cheating, well, half the nation seem to share the same views from what I've seen and read. Every time a Portugese player was tackled he went to ground like someone had stun-gunned him. Are we saying whatever number of wrongs = a right? My whole howl was about my detesting any form of cheating. It has come into football to the extent that we are suggesting it's okay to do it because others do? Is that what you are saying? If so, then it's maybe time football called it a day. I detest it when Diouf or Stelios do it. It's cheating. I detested it even more when a Marseilles defender knocked a ball over their bar with his hand and got away with it. Big muscualr guys like Drogba get feather touches and go down screaming. What would they do if someone smacked them on the jaw in a pub? My guess is they'd be fighting mad, not dead! How would they fare in a rugby team?

If cheating is to be allowed into the game then maybe we should have a "chest of the year" award with the emphasis on pride and not shame. The whole concept of it makes me sick. Maybe that and a little bit of knowing that when all's said we just weren't good enough. Alan Ball talked the most sense I've heard him come out with in forty years (he comes from Farnworth where I live) when he said England had an opportunity to be legends and they should grab it with everything they had. They never looked like doing that with eleven men, never mind ten.
Well here's my nomination TANGO

I know what you mean though, it's getting to the point were the best bloody cheaters win!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: Well here's my nomination TANGO

I know what you mean though, it's getting to the point were the best bloody cheaters win!!!
Trust you to spot the one bit that mattered. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:25 am

I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, I'm saying it's silly to complain about Portugal cheating when you have Ashley Cole, who committed the single worst dive I have ever seen. I tried to find a video of it, it's the one where Keane fakes a tackle and Cole still goes down like he's been shot.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:11 am

Would you think that after what happened in the past we could have won one penalty shoot-out?

Gerrard and Lampard, saviours of England?? My four year old could have hit a better shot. They should both look back on this campaign and see missed opportunity to establish themselves as true contenders for the title World Class.

mmm hero of England perhaps going a bit far but the only player in a white shirt to bring anything positive back from Germany. Sven's love child, Owen.

AT least Theo gained a massive amount of experience to be involved with this squad. Backhander involved???

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:37 am

plodder wrote:Would you think that after what happened in the past we could have won one penalty shoot-out?

Gerrard and Lampard, saviours of England?? My four year old could have hit a better shot. They should both look back on this campaign and see missed opportunity to establish themselves as true contenders for the title World Class.

mmm hero of England perhaps going a bit far but the only player in a white shirt to bring anything positive back from Germany. Sven's love child, Owen.

AT least Theo gained a massive amount of experience to be involved with this squad. Backhander involved???
Yes, expect him to sign for Ireland sometime this week!!!

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:59 am

Soccer should have what rugby and rugby league have a citing commission. Mid-week dish out red cards for 'simulation' or missed foul play. Having the sword of damacles hanging over them will make them think twice. It'll soon stop when they start missing matches/wages and the adoration of their fans. Just a culture adjustment.

For my money Rooney is a spoilt pig dog. Ronaldo was winding the ref up but Rooney pushed him - pure and simpleton - a powder puff push but the ref overreacted, probably sick of his whiny voice. For me it was the right result for the wrong foul.
Ronaldo didn't do a lot wrong. If he winked after Rooney lost his rag he's entitled to enjoy England self-destructing and his country continuing on. He had a massive game and Man-U will miss him if they're as stubborn and stupid enough (of course they are, the rot starts at the top there with Fergie) to lose their second worldclass player this season.

Smacks of the same stupid scapegoat-ism that got that Korean striker (Ahn???) fired from his Italian club after WC2002. Why isn't Carvalho being blamed for trying to hump piggy's sprigs?
What could've happened; did.

Simmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Simmy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:24 am

I'm a Man U fan and I hope ronaldo never puts on the red shirt again, absoute fking disgrace he is. Whether he actually had any influence in getting Rooney sent off, only the ref knows. He did well for not losing his temper though, 2 years ago he would of ripped his head off (like he deserves). However that "stamp" was completely unintentional imo, he's got 2 portuguese players fouling him and he's just trying to stay on his feet and keep control of the ball.

They were cheating c*nts and he was a lunatic of a ref but at the end of the day it shouldn't have mattered as we didn't play well enough, Sven is the only one we should really blame, he managed to turn a squad of great players into a very average team.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:36 am

Simmy wrote:I'm a Man U fan and I hope ronaldo never puts on the red shirt again, absoute fking disgrace he is. Whether he actually had any influence in getting Rooney sent off, only the ref knows. He did well for not losing his temper though, 2 years ago he would of ripped his head off (like he deserves). However that "stamp" was completely unintentional imo, he's got 2 portuguese players fouling him and he's just trying to stay on his feet and keep control of the ball.

They were cheating c*nts and he was a lunatic of a ref but at the end of the day it shouldn't have mattered as we didn't play well enough, Sven is the only one we should really blame, he managed to turn a squad of great players into a very average team.
Man U fan or no, you got it dead right mate. :mrgreen:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm in Tango's corner Portugal have been like this for too long (as have Spain, Italy etc ) they get away with it and whilst some English players do try but not to that extent, now players know a strike on the face means a red card so what happens as soon as one is fowled they immediately hold their faces. Its easy to stop just use video evidence and anyone can spot someone play acting also only let the captain talk to the ref, anyone else gets booked and if we end up with 8 a side then its the silly childish footballers who are to blame (not that they will ever accept blame).

As for FIFA's play fair bullshite they don't really care and could stop it quite easily but that might mean losing money.

Sorry football has now gone too far with the cheating, it now seems that to win you also have to cheat really well.