What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:49 am

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:
Cowdrill wrote:rage against the manchine - guerilla radio
I remember being in the crowd at Leeds not long before they split screaming "f**k you I won't do what you tell me" at the top of my lungs :mrgreen:
your average night at the rioja house then?? :mrgreen: :wink:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:51 am

communistworkethic wrote:
Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:
Cowdrill wrote:rage against the manchine - guerilla radio
I remember being in the crowd at Leeds not long before they split screaming "f**k you I won't do what you tell me" at the top of my lungs :mrgreen:
your average night at the rioja house then?? :mrgreen: :wink:
Wicked Commie :shock:

:wink:
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:58 am

Music is a great topic that everybody relates to. This thread has had a lot of hits and some great replies. Nice to see the wide range of tastes and age groups. Be even nicer if a few lurkers just dropped a line in to. All it needs is what you're playing currently. Nobody's music gets laughed at or abused and its good to be reminded of some of the great stuff of the past that gets thrown up besides new artists. Come on you lurkers, drop a line in and join in.........it's free :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:33 am

In response to Tango's request herewith is my second post (my first was simply to tell Mitch what a tw@t he was so that wasn't wasted either!)

Albums listened to in last week:

Pet Sounds - Beach Boys. 40 years old and still sounds as fresh and wonderful as the day it was made.

Velvet Underground with Nico. Another ancient but ever-wonderful album.

Come on Home - Boz Scaggs. Heady mixture of jazz&blues. I'm more of a blues fan myself and I'm not convinced I like Scaggs voice but I'll give it another few listens before I consign it to the CD storage unit.

Hotel - Moby. I'll never get fed up of this. Infectious listening, especially Spiders.

One More car, One More Rider - Clapton. River of Tears on this album sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it!

King of the Delta Blues - Robert Johnson. Old time blues, the source of an awful lot that was to follow.

In Time - The Best of REM. Current choice on the car CD.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:19 am

clapton is god wrote:In response to Tango's request herewith is my second post (my first was simply to tell Mitch what a tw@t he was so that wasn't wasted either!)

Albums listened to in last week:

Pet Sounds - Beach Boys. 40 years old and still sounds as fresh and wonderful as the day it was made.

Velvet Underground with Nico. Another ancient but ever-wonderful album.

Come on Home - Boz Scaggs. Heady mixture of jazz&blues. I'm more of a blues fan myself and I'm not convinced I like Scaggs voice but I'll give it another few listens before I consign it to the CD storage unit.

Hotel - Moby. I'll never get fed up of this. Infectious listening, especially Spiders.

One More car, One More Rider - Clapton. River of Tears on this album sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it!

King of the Delta Blues - Robert Johnson. Old time blues, the source of an awful lot that was to follow.

In Time - The Best of REM. Current choice on the car CD.
Thanks, C is G. Some good stuff in there. Come on the rest of you....it's easy. Get Posting. :mrgreen:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:52 pm

For cricket fans, when I first heard this I couldnt stop laughing.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:01 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Image

For cricket fans, when I first heard this I couldnt stop laughing.
Billy Birmingham is an absolute legend. :D Have got a bunch of his stuff on my iTunes

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 pm

DOESN'T DO IT FOR ME

SURPRISING, COS I HAD HIGH HOPES
Sto ut Serviam

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:44 pm

Has anyone come across/has opinions on Breaks Co-op??

I was given a copy of this but I can't get it to work in my car cd player. It's one of those annoying ones you have to put in a box and then put the box in another box in the boot of the car and it's just making everything skip so you can't listen to it. I guess there must be a problem with the workings. It used to do with Duran Duran and now it's doing it with everything aaarrrgh.

Anyways, what am I going on about???

Oh yes, Breaks Co-op was recommended by a friend, but it makes me think of the convenience store up the road. Any thoughts or opinions????
Last edited by Gertie on Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:46 pm

sounds like they could mp3s on the disk and your cd player isn't compatitble.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:50 pm

communistworkethic wrote:sounds like they could mp3s on the disk and your cd player isn't compatitble.
Maybe, I haven't tried it on my computer. But my Duran Duran and (ahem) 'other' cds are skipping like mad now, and they are proper bought ones from real shops. I think it's the silly car doodah thingy.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:56 pm

Gertie wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:sounds like they could mp3s on the disk and your cd player isn't compatitble.
Maybe, I haven't tried it on my computer. But my Duran Duran and (ahem) 'other' cds are skipping like mad now, and they are proper bought ones from real shops. I think it's the silly car doodah thingy.
hmm, is there pink fluff stuck in it? Are the disks covered in jammy fingerprints? Is there lipstick on the laser?

Maybe it's just fed up playing rubbish CDs like Take That and Shayne Ward and Will Young?

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Music is a great topic that everybody relates to. This thread has had a lot of hits and some great replies. Nice to see the wide range of tastes and age groups. Be even nicer if a few lurkers just dropped a line in to. All it needs is what you're playing currently. Nobody's music gets laughed at or abused and its good to be reminded of some of the great stuff of the past that gets thrown up besides new artists. Come on you lurkers, drop a line in and join in.........it's free :mrgreen:
Thanks Tango, I would have joined in sooner but, amongst others, i like Razorlight, & I was scolded last week for saying so! :wink:

also currently in my cd changer are the new albums from the kooks, primal scream, zutons, chili peppers and the feeling.
Last edited by white blood on Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:45 pm

This week I are be mostly listening to.....

The Darkness, Permission to Land
AC/DC, Back in Black
KT Tunstall, Eye to the Telescope
Whitesnake, Restless Heart
Orson, Bright Idea
The Eagles, Greatest Hits
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:45 pm

Plastilina Mosh - Tasty

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:33 pm

white blood wrote:also currently in my cd changer are the new albums from the kooks, primal scream, zutons, chili peppers and the feeling.
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

One word springs to mind when I think of 'the feeling'.... Pish.

They supported the Charlatans in Manchester recently. I saw one song then went to the bar...

I think I might throw on Interpol's first album tonight, sit and stroke my chin.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Backgammon wrote:
white blood wrote:also currently in my cd changer are the new albums from the kooks, primal scream, zutons, chili peppers and the feeling.
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

One word springs to mind when I think of 'the feeling'.... Pish.

They supported the Charlatans in Manchester recently. I saw one song then went to the bar...

I think I might throw on Interpol's first album tonight, sit and stroke my chin.
Hey Backgammon. Love to hear your own tastes, but let's keep this one thread without rubbishing the other guys hey? If everybody just lets everyone else stick their current music up it might encourage a few more people to join in. Few of us like all the same stuff, but lets just respect each others choices. Don't expect too many people to relate to my ideas of music,
a bit old-fashioned, but it does it for me so what the hell? :mrgreen:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:52 pm

Interpol are great.
so far this week i've been listening to:

Grandaddy
Oceansize
Frank Zappa
Caravan
King Crimson
Genesis
The Freezing Fog (my band, just got the test-pressings in't post :D)
&
Focus (as featured in large segments on the new Coogan comedy Saxondale.

vinyl is booooodiful

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:54 pm

I'm currently waiting for mi new Viva Voce album (Get Your Blood Sucked Out) to come through from Play.com. Saw them support Death Cab for Cutie the other week and thought that they were blinding. Have to wait until 21st August though. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:17 pm

Gertie wrote:Has anyone come across/has opinions on Breaks Co-op??

I was given a copy of this but I can't get it to work in my car cd player. It's one of those annoying ones you have to put in a box and then put the box in another box in the boot of the car and it's just making everything skip so you can't listen to it. I guess there must be a problem with the workings. It used to do with Duran Duran and now it's doing it with everything aaarrrgh.

Anyways, what am I going on about???

Oh yes, Breaks Co-op was recommended by a friend, but it makes me think of the convenience store up the road. Any thoughts or opinions????
that sounds like that story when the new anti piracy bollox on cds is supposed to cabbage computers up from copying/mp3ing them but let cd players play them ok ..

but , sometimes car cd players go mental at the 'computer program' track on the disc ..

or ... wipe the discs with one of them yellow eyeglasses cloths ...

music = theres a good labtop cut up lp of some guy cussing on the streets

here

nuffage !!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by a1 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.