What are you playing tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are you playing tonight?

Post by jmjhb » Sun May 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Meh, it was just another one of his attempts to be edgy which failed and he's come across as a colossal bellend

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 am

Chased Glastonbury through to the latest effort of Noel G's High F-ing Bs. Lovely stuff. Sail On is an incredible song to throw away as a B aside.

Lot of time for the Gallaghers, me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:30 pm

This is a bit er, different....Not quite what it seems... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYSxOj6W7IQ
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 pm

My hearing is well gone now, but I had a reminder of what noise is all about tonight watching a vid of Axl Rose with Brian May and Queen doing "We will Rock You" at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert. That was some class noise with a million pairs of hands clapping it out. :D ...

Left it on for Sweet Child O Mine and Knocking on Heaven's Door, just for old time's sake.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm

Aye, I think it's the decade one hits puberty.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm
What was the music like in the 1930’s Enoch?! 😉

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri May 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm
What was the music like in the 1930’s Enoch?! 😉
I know I liked it but I can't remember!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 pm
Spent a happy few hours today wallowing in nostalgia thinking about what albums I would put in ‘those that influenced my choice in music’ for one of those things that is doing the rounds on Facebook.

I was a 90’s teenager and pretty much most of my choices are 90’s bands, so this lead me to pondering, what decade was the best for music? And is this opinion influenced by when you were a teenager with emotions running high and many memories attached?
Nah. I’d say definitively that the 60’s were easily the best musical decade. But it wouldn’t necessarily contain most of my favourite albums it’s just packed full of greatness. And I wasn’t born then either.

60s, 90s, 70s...in that order.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Nah. I’d say definitively that the 60’s were easily the best musical decade. But it wouldn’t necessarily contain most of my favourite albums it’s just packed full of greatness. And I wasn’t born then either.

60's purely and simply for the mass mix of various music genre that was all popular.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

60's purely and simply for the mass mix of various music genre that was all popular.
Yeah its hard to look past it - you don't even need to like it all - but loads is genre defining like it or not. It was packed full of quality and innovation.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Including jazz remnants etc from the 40's, I've enjoyed music from every era since. There's something for everybody in all areas; I'm as happy with Prince Igor as Glenn Miller and Begin the Beguine (all-time favourite by Artie Shaw) as the full-scale Hallelujah chorus, Bach's Toccata and Fugue and Ravel's Bolero..Did I enjoy Dirty Dancing, Motown and The Beatles...too right.. and Sissell, the Norwegien nightigale is the finest singing voice ever heard by mankind. (-:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 19, 2020 5:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:38 pm
Including jazz remnants etc from the 40's, I've enjoyed music from every era since. There's something for everybody in all areas; I'm as happy with Prince Igor as Glenn Miller and Begin the Beguine (all-time favourite by Artie Shaw) as the full-scale Hallelujah chorus, Bach's Toccata and Fugue and Ravel's Bolero..Did I enjoy Dirty Dancing, Motown and The Beatles...too right.. and Sissell, the Norwegien nightigale is the finest singing voice ever heard by mankind. (-:
It does sorta seem a bit curtailed on the "every era" front at about the 1960's (with the exception of Dirty Dancing which was 33 years ago!) :-) How time flies. ;-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 19, 2020 7:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 10:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Yeah its hard to look past it - you don't even need to like it all - but loads is genre defining like it or not. It was packed full of quality and innovation.
It had Woodstock. 'Nuff said.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:19 pm

In a thread on Trotter site, Tony Domingos wrote:

Say what you mean? I am the feckin' walrus? The Beatles - and Lennon in particular - are vastly overrated. Best that no one embarrasses themselves by trying to argue otherwise! :D

Simon and Garfunkel wrote lyrics, the rest followed. :D Speaking of which, imagine a heavy metal version of "Sound of Silence". I laughed till I first heard this. Amazing, not new, and I'm no heavy metal fan,but ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:28 am

It's an excellent cover. Was supposed to watch them at Download Festival last summer. Maybe next year...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:57 pm

Pre-ordered Million Masks of God, the new album from Manchester Orchestra. Can't remember the last time I eagerly awaited an LP 😊
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:08 pm

This was a pleasant surprise on the Spotify shoegaze randomizer.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:30 pm

Away from music...podcasts!

Recently stumbled upon the Beef and Dairy Network podcast and have been gorging on it all week. Really silly oddball comedy and I bloody love it so far.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Morag's currently playing me some gorgeously chilled psychedelic / kaleidoscopic stuff by a bunch called 'Porcupine Tree'. I'd never heard of them until today. How did that happen? 😳
May the bridges I burn light your way