The First TW Open Golf Championship

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:25 pm

communistworkethic wrote:You should come to Oulton Hall with me bruce, it's almost the exact opposite!!!
Oulton Hall? We had our Christmas bash there last year :shock: (No Golf though!).

Anyway, looks like the red tees might well be coming into play at next years TW event. I received this off 'Pocket Mickleson' a little earlier under the title "Look what I got !!"

May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:32 pm

Hmm yes she mentioned them last night. I've got just the thing for her to complete the outfit ;) She's signed up for the tW masters in the autumn.

Was at Oulton Hall last Monday, I'll stay the one time and get more than 4 hours in my room!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Anyway, looks like the red tees might well be coming into play at next years TW event.
They'll certainly be significant THIS year if you don't reach them my friend!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:07 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Anyway, looks like the red tees might well be coming into play at next years TW event.
They'll certainly be significant THIS year if you don't reach them my friend!
Ah, great point, M! Gentlemen, are we to take it that the Bird's Tee rule stands?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Ah, great point, M! Gentlemen, are we to take it that the Bird's Tee rule stands?
But of course...
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:15 pm

you're playing from the men's tees - yellow!!

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:17 pm

communistworkethic wrote:you're playing from the men's tees - yellow!!
Yes Commie - but the question is as to whether we will be imposing the traditional penalty for failing to reach the Ladies' Tee from those yellows!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:21 pm

don't know that rule - it's never been an issue.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:03 pm

communistworkethic wrote:don't know that rule - it's never been an issue.
Over here we call that "Indian rules" and the penalty is somewhat humiliating - so much so that no one plays by them unless completely inebriated.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:22 pm

communistworkethic wrote:don't know that rule - it's never been an issue.
I can't say I've ever done it myself, but let's just say it involves creating the shape of an elephant by turning one's pockets inside out. :shock:

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:You should come to Oulton Hall with me bruce, it's almost the exact opposite!!!
Oulton Hall? We had our Christmas bash there last year :shock: (No Golf though!).

Anyway, looks like the red tees might well be coming into play at next years TW event. I received this off 'Pocket Mickleson' a little earlier under the title "Look what I got !!"

Oooooooooooooooh my new sticks make an appearance!!!!

I've already nearly demolished most of the living room by practising my swing!!! And freaked the cats out by putting golf balls into empty pringle tubes....

They are ace and hopefully I'll be OK with them so watch out for the next TW golf event the wee Pixie has sticks!!!!!! :twisted:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:10 pm

Telling ya's man...should have pushed it back a week... :wink:
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:56 pm

Hoolio wrote:Telling ya's man...should have pushed it back a week... :wink:
how am i going to play my last round at hoylake then???????

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:12 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Over par????????? :wink:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:16 pm

yeah yeah, you wouldn't be complaining about my strokeplay.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 am

communistworkethic wrote:
Fair nuff, I'll play in the next one... :wink:
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:32 pm

Just back from the Driving Range at Regent's Park. How come it's easy to play like Tiger Woods when you're only messin'?

I tell you, if I can hit one drive next Sunday, as well I hit my worst drive today then I'll be a happy boy. However, experience tells me that it's not going to happen. :(

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:48 pm

I'm getting all jealous now. Roll on the next comp. I mean, what sport-inclined male would want to celebrate twenty five years of marriage instead of playing golf? Women can be very demanding sometimes. If it's a nice day I'll be sick as a parrot. Ah, well, good luck to you all...sigh. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:56 pm

On a golf note:

I have a set of McGregor golf clubs, alliminium headed woods (bit earlier than when they brought out the current "sliced loaf on a stick so you can't possibly miss the ball" woods. What do you all play with and do you have favourite clubs? I have a 1 iron and the one for getting me out of trouble when playing badly is my trusty seven iron. I also still own a Dunlop driver with the signature "Roberto de Vicenzo". Nobody but possibly Monty and Dujon can remeber that far back. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:On a golf note:

I have a set of McGregor golf clubs, alliminium headed woods (bit earlier than when they brought out the current "sliced loaf on a stick so you can't possibly miss the ball" woods. What do you all play with and do you have favourite clubs? I have a 1 iron and the one for getting me out of trouble when playing badly is my trusty seven iron. I also still own a Dunlop driver with the signature "Roberto de Vicenzo". Nobody but possibly Monty and Dujon can remeber that far back. :mrgreen:
I remember him well - a real gentleman. I remember him losing a tournament because he made a mistake on his partner's scorecard - heartbreaking.
My clubs are Ben Hogan's - bought seond hand over 25 years ago. I also have a Ram pitching wedge - the only club I hit consistently well and hence my favourite. On day I'll buy some of these fancy new ones!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.