The First TW Open Golf Championship

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:43 pm

I've got Hippo Giant S400 Graphite Series irons (3-SW) 1,3 & 5 Titanium 'Woods' (Bungalow on a stick series :wink: ) and use an Odyssey DualForce putter, so I don't even get to blame my tools! :oops:

Favourite club is definitely the 7 iron, the very club that I used to chip and run straight in from 60 metres on the 3rd at Gleneagles (King's Course) with. My best/favourite ever golfing moment! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Favourite club is definitely the 7 iron, the very club that I used to chip and run straight in from 60 metres on the 3rd at Gleneagles (King's Course) with. My best/favourite ever golfing moment! :D
Save a triple bogey, did you? :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've got Hippo Giant S400 Graphite Series irons (3-SW) 1,3 & 5 Titanium 'Woods' (Bungalow on a stick series :wink: ) and use an Odyssey DualForce putter, so I don't even get to blame my tools! :oops:

Ah, the chip-and-run, the most underated shot in modern golf. Thanks mainly to the Americans the wedge is used on every occasion fom 120 yds in, even when there is no trouble in front. The oldsters would run one in with half a dozen bounces and finish up three feet from the pin time after time after using three wood shots to the green. 5 net 4 and a half with your leathered drive, short iron and 2 putts. :roll:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:49 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Save a triple bogey, did you? :wink:
Indeed, a particularly succulent green and yellow number. I put in in my pocket for later! :D

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:57 pm

Roberto de Vicenzo - he was the last bloke to win the Open at Hoylake. By all accounts a superb player, if not the longest of his generation.

I used to be really into my golf and I'd get a new club for every birthday/Christmas etc, and then I had the whole set nicked, which was a disaster for me at the time as even though I got a big insurance payout it took me ages to get used to my new clubs.

So anyway.... I've got a 9.5 degree Titleist 975J Driver, Titleist 14.5 & 18.5 975F woods, Titleist DCI 990s 3-PW, a Vokey Rusty 56 degree wedge, a Cleveland steel 60 degree wedge, and a Odyssey White Hot Putter.

Tis a real shame you can't make it Tango, but well done on the 25 years!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:05 pm

And unlike you Bruce, I hope I got all of my dross out of my system today. From nowhere, I've developed a slice, when I have hit a draw for years.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:11 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Roberto de Vicenzo - he was the last bloke to win the Open at Hoylake. By all accounts a superb player, if not the longest of his generation.

I used to be really into my golf and I'd get a new club for every birthday/Christmas etc, and then I had the whole set nicked, which was a disaster for me at the time as even though I got a big insurance payout it took me ages to get used to my new clubs.

So anyway.... I've got a 9.5 degree Titleist 975J Driver, Titleist 14.5 & 18.5 975F woods, Titleist DCI 990s 3-PW, a Vokey Rusty 56 degree wedge, a Cleveland steel 60 degree wedge, and a Odyssey White Hot Putter.

Tis a real shame you can't make it Tango, but well done on the 25 years!
Thanks M. Er, you need a degree to play golf now? When I started I'd just failed my 11 plus. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:13 pm

Yes, if anybody knows how to create the little circle for 'degrees' then I'd be delighted to find out...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:16 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Yes, if anybody knows how to create the little circle for 'degrees' then I'd be delighted to find out...
Add the circled "C" (for copyright) to that and I'll join you.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:25 pm

Golf

umm

yerp

tbh
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Yes, if anybody knows how to create the little circle for 'degrees' then I'd be delighted to find out...
Add the circled "C" (for copyright) to that and I'll join you.
You mean one of these? ©
Or one of these? °

For the © hold down the alt key and type 0169 on the numeric keypad. If you're using Microsoft Word and have autocorrect turned on type (c) and it will be converted to a ©

For ° hold down the alt key and type 0176 on the numeric keypad.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:57 pm

Cheers Warty, and appologies for diverting. Back to the fairway. :mrgreen:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:58 pm

I've also go a little dunlop 64º wedge (£5.38 from Sportsworld!!), little sod gets me in as much trouble as it saves me from.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:32 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I've also go a little dunlop 64º wedge (£5.38 from Sportsworld!!), little sod gets me in as much trouble as it saves me from.
Is that one of those cheeky putter come wedge fellas that you use around the fringe?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:I've also go a little dunlop 64º wedge (£5.38 from Sportsworld!!), little sod gets me in as much trouble as it saves me from.
Is that one of those cheeky putter come wedge fellas that you use around the fringe?
No, they're nowhere near 64 degrees (Warty - I don't have a keypad on my laptop!). Think Mickelson-esque lob-wedge.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:55 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
No, they're nowhere near 64 degrees (Warty - I don't have a keypad on my laptop!). Think Mickelson-esque lob-wedge.
Provided that you're not one of those ponces using an Apple Mac you can use the Windows character map utility, although you'll probably have to do a bit of searching to find the character.

You'll find it Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map depending on how your system is set up.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:00 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
don't you have a number lock on one of your function keys? I've no number pad per se, but there's a numerical pad on the alphabetic key pad.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:02 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
nope this is for high lobs from inside about 40 yards, i'm a putter or 7-iron from the apron kind of guy.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:51 am

Being as the Regent's Park course seems to have altered quite a bit since I last played there (T'would appear that the 1st is now on what used to be the practice area) I tried, albeit unsuccessfully, to find a virtual tour of the course. As I remember it, it's always pished wet through down at the bottom near the train lines and you've no chance of seeing where your balls gone once you've hit it over a swamp and through a micro gap in the trees on the 16th.

Anyway, I thought I'd read a couple of reviews, all of which speak highly of the course. All, that is, except this one. Might I be right in thinking that this fella went round in a hundred and plenty? :D

I played there in a society on 2/4/06 and was disgusted with the state of the course. It had been raining hard during the week so the course should have been closed instead we played and the greens were under water and the tee of mats were too small and 6 inches deep in mud the so called club house had just been plastered and was still wet. It was a disgrace that this course was open at all this weekend. It is obvious to me that the course has had no care at all over the winter months and I will never play this course again, or recommend it to anyone else.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:15 pm

Lol. I saw that one too. Nobhead.

If I've sussed it correctly, the back 9 is now the front 9, the old 10th is now the driving range and the practice area is now the 1st!!

on that basis, 9th hole will be our nearest the pin competition.