Beckham Must Retire

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Beckham Must Retire

Post by fanz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:23 am

This is now Beckham's 3rd poor tournament in a row and he should be forced to retire from international football immediatley before he causes the country any further embarrasment. He can't even blame coming into a tournament injured this time, he is just dog shite. "oh he can cross a ball so well" so can Rick Holden but nobody is suggesting he be called up, he can't beat a full back, has no pace and hits the longball at every opportunity. Absolute w8nker.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:15 am

I thought he already had retired, he's had the pipe and slippers on for most of the tournament. As for his ability to pass the ball, he couldn't find his arse with his hands. We looked like a different team when Lennon started running at their defence.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:05 am

He just has.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:19 pm

He has given up the captaincy not retired from international football unfortunately .

After his inept performances for the last 4 years he should retire from internationals.

Lets hope McClaren grows some balls and drops him for some young blood as he has done this season with Middlesbrough (And yes I realise most of those were forced due to injuries).

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:22 pm

trotter58 wrote:I thought he already had retired, he's had the pipe and slippers on for most of the tournament. As for his ability to pass the ball, he couldn't find his arse with his hands. We looked like a different team when Lennon started running at their defence.
Nonetheless he was involved in the majority of our goals as I recall. Frankly I thought Lampard was the embarassment throughout the tournament, second only to the tactics of our peerless manager.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:29 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
trotter58 wrote:I thought he already had retired, he's had the pipe and slippers on for most of the tournament. As for his ability to pass the ball, he couldn't find his arse with his hands. We looked like a different team when Lennon started running at their defence.
Nonetheless he was involved in the majority of our goals as I recall. Frankly I thought Lampard was the embarassment throughout the tournament, second only to the tactics of our peerless manager.
Sad. But true.
Smarties have answers.....

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Yes that is true but how may goals would Lennon of set up if he had played in every match.

If I took twenty freekicks and corners in a match I'm pretty sure one would result in a goal. Beckham in the whole could not get over the first defender in set pieces and was poor throughout (The Equador goal being the exception).

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:57 pm

A player can't simply merit to be in the team on the strenghts of his set pieces alone, I honestly think Beckham offers more to us than that. Beckham has been poor in this tournament but to lay the blame at his door his harsh, the real blame should be at the manager, shocking tactics, no organisation and with arguably the best ever England squad.

I think Beckham will retire or be forced to retire soon as whoever the new captain is, surely he would undermine him with his presence in the squad?

Maybe follow Juninho's example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 138986.stm
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:09 pm

IDIOTS!!! He pulled us through to the qaurters on his own and people still have the audasity to slag him off, great player great captian and a shame for the national team that people like yourselves should force him to retire for no other reason than him beong better looking than you.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:IDIOTS!!! He pulled us through to the qaurters on his own and people still have the audasity to slag him off, great player great captian and a shame for the national team that people like yourselves should force him to retire for no other reason than him beong better looking than you.
Er, Beckham was poor during the Ecuador game and could have cost us for not telling the coaching staff he was feeling ill because it showed. The goal got him out of jail and big time. Prior to the tournament he was our best player. It has been a disappointing tournament for him, the third in a row infact, and if has made the decision to give up the captaincy, then he must retire, it goes hand in hand for me.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:IDIOTS!!! He pulled us through to the qaurters on his own and people still have the audasity to slag him off, great player great captian and a shame for the national team that people like yourselves should force him to retire for no other reason than him beong better looking than you.
You must be in a minority of one if you believe that. I don't care what he looks like frankly I care what he does on the pitch and that ain't much at the last THREE tournaments. Why did Erikson ask Terry to say something before the Portugal match if Beckham is such a great captain? He is garbage and should never have captained England, I doubt any of the other players respect him as he is just a brand name and not much of a footballer these days. What have Madrid won since he signed? Good ridance now give that armband to Gerrard or Terry

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:30 pm

hmmm yeah a fluke free kick and his 16th in 94 internationals. Yep he really dragged us through on his own. :roll:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

!

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:34 pm

fluke free kick????? yeah i totally agree bcause you could tell he was picking out Terry at the back post couldnt ya! :crazy:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:24 pm

Beckham's passing, corners, and free kicks are still outstanding. However, he is definitely lacking pace and trickery on the wings. Could there be room for him as a holding midfielder? If you're willing to play that fat lump of crap Carragher there, surely Beckham is worth a go, at least he can pass forward.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:01 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Beckham's passing, corners, and free kicks are still outstanding. However, he is definitely lacking pace and trickery on the wings. Could there be room for him as a holding midfielder? If you're willing to play that fat lump of crap Carragher there, surely Beckham is worth a go, at least he can pass forward.
If we were willing to play that formation in the attacking role, then he would have been the perfect choice, with lennon on the right bringing off Lampard and moving Hargreaves into the midfield engine role.

I now have an image of Sven slapping his own head and saying:

"Oh aye!! Bloody ell!! the football manager 2006 never said that!!!" :roll:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:05 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Beckham's passing, corners, and free kicks are still outstanding. However, he is definitely lacking pace and trickery on the wings. Could there be room for him as a holding midfielder? If you're willing to play that fat lump of crap Carragher there, surely Beckham is worth a go, at least he can pass forward.
Beckham cannot tackle so how is he expected to play the holding midfield role. His days are numbered. He shood go with some dignity.

The fact remain 'Sven the Useless' has relied far too heavily on set pieces in this World Cup. Whether Fat Frank and Gerrard played well enough is a different arguement but either are as capable of taking freekicks and corners. The England team has carried Beckham for 4 years and he should not be picked again. I fear he may be choosen by McClaren as well though.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:04 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:13 pm

I'd rather see Beckham remain available for selection if required but not an automatic inclusion, to be honest. If this doesn't suit the Beckham brand then he can get stuffed, this is about our national side. It's now ultimately about the next World Cup campaign, a competition at which Mr. Beckham most certainly won't be playing a major, if any part. Let's plan on moulding a squad out of the young and emerging players who will be able to use Euro 2008 as a halfway house for the World Cup in 2010.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:15 pm

Having read the link, I have no idea what so ever as to why you would come to the conclusion that he is an "Arrogent mother F-"

?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:18 pm

That he is deigning to resign the captaincy before someone deservedly takes it away from him.

Retiring from international football is one thing, resigning from the captaincy is another IMO.