Sunday Glorious Sunday

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Sunday Glorious Sunday

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:06 pm

Wondered how you bunch of nerds spent this lovely day?

Personally I went to Chester Zoo and spent 6hrs in the sunshine generally being burnt to a crisp, now I'm-a watching Usual Suspects with a few beers.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:08 pm

In bed, recovering.

I have no time for summer, damned hayfever.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:09 pm

I cycled 10 miles each way to do some shopping
To hot for cycling :roll:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:10 pm

chris wrote:I cycled 10 miles each way to do some shopping
To hot for cycling :roll:
:pray: :crazy:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:15 pm

Went to pub for a quick one.

Then there was a storm and lots of rain, so had no choice but to stay for a few more.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:18 pm

warthog wrote:Went to pub for a quick one.

Then there was a storm and lots of rain, so had no choice but to stay for a few more.
I hate it when that happens, a real shitter isn't it :D :pissed:

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:21 pm

Batman wrote:
warthog wrote:Went to pub for a quick one.

I hate it when that happens, a real shitter isn't it :D :pissed:
Yep. Gutted.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Re: Sunday Glorious Sunday

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:23 pm

Batman wrote:Personally I went to Chester Zoo
In my neck of the woods then Batman. What/who on earth dragged you to the zoo?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:26 pm

Went with the missus (she passed her Masters course, so I said I would treat her).

Also went with a motley bunch from work -

Gay bloke dressed in a sarong
Gay bloke's fella
Gay blokes child
Loudmouth office girl
Indian superhero, and converted BWFC fan
Mr and Mrs arranged South African marriage

All in all a beltin day, my face however is a deeper red than that new away shirt...... :oops:

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:31 pm

I woke up feeling rough as hell. I sat in the park reading and sulked about our World Cup exit, which made me feel slightly better. Then I ate some sandwiches and felt significantly more cheerful. Finally I went for some beers with my cute blonde American girl neighbour and all was well in the world once more.

I hope you all had a good one.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:44 pm

Well, I was 8+ for the front nine, and level par for the back nine. Conclusion: golf is a daft game and no way to 'enjoy' oneself.

Then, I had a roast at my girlfriend's (easy guys).

Then, I played four-a-side footy for two and half hours with some mates and finally let go with my anti-Eriksson, anti-scouser bitching.

Now, I am capping a good day with a doughnut and a beer, and talking to you fine people.

No American blondes here though.... :(
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:15 am

Batman wrote:Gay blokes child
:crazy:

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:01 am

Half work/Half family/miniscule amount of squeeze in time for TW

Did take the youngest swimming was great normally me and both kids but eldest went with her mum.

Totally crazy but the wettest day of the year so far, excellent thunder storm and we go swimming?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:43 am

Brother and sister-in-law down from Bolton for a barbie and social weekend to celebrate England's march into the semi-finals (sounds a bit daft now, doesn't it?)

Breakfasted in the garden, surrounded by Sunday newspapers, desperately trying to get some scrap of footballing comfort from them - there was none.

Lunched at a beautiful pub next to the Grand Union Canal, watching the narrowboats glide by.

Back to Chateau Zulu to sit in the garden until early evening, when brother and missus headed off back up the M1.

32C and not a cloud in the sky! No thunderstorms, no floods.

Marvellous!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:18 am

Got up early and cut the lawns. Named all the buttercups and daisies after Portugese players and mowed em down with gusto. Strolled down to the shop for the papers. Bacon sarnie brunch in the sunshine, afternoon just lazing about reading.
Steak and salad tea under the gazebo and the storm struck right in the middle of it. Toughed it out and stayed there. Got wet. Great day, bad end. Had a few differences of opinion on TW about the world cup and got on with novel no 2. Went to bed.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:26 am

Sat out in the back garden in my bikini enjoying the fabulous sunshiiiiiiiiiine. Freaked out the 2 young lads who came to water next doors back garden so went and hid in the kitchen.

Came back out again when young boys couldn't attach hosepipe to the outside tap. Tried to help, but couldn't attach it either. Lent them my hosepipe and hid in the kitchen while the sprayed each other and the entire neighbourhood with my hosepipe... And I'm on a water meter!!!!!!!

Back outside to finish the Sunday papers, little sleep, then hid under the stairs with the cats during the very long and very scary thunderstorm and torrential down pour.

Only 1 glass of wine with dinner much more civilised.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 am

Woke up still pished at 9. Sat in pain as the booze wore off waiting for the pub to open. When to pub, had a pint felt better. Decided to have a few more. Hid in the pub all day until the sun fecked off. Heat and hangovers do not go well together. Watched the lightning hammer the shit out the hills during that thunderstorm, which was a bloody godsend.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:37 am

Felt mildly foolish having spent time watering the garden only for Mother Nature to then show me how it's really done. :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:41 am

I spent the full day driving shotgun round and round Baden-Baden in my mates Toyota pickup looking for Sven 'the Bastard' Goran Eriksson.
Businesswoman of the year.

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Went to work. :(

But a day off today. :)