Germany v Italy

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Germany v Italy

Post by warthog » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:42 pm

Enjoyable game this with Italy on top but Germany looking good on the break. Seeing the way both teams move the ball around, with not the hint of a long hoof, makes me realise what a poor side England are.

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:50 pm

Well said Warty and spot on, do you get much chance to see Bolton?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:51 pm

That first half flew by, very entertaing......

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:08 pm

Gertie wrote:That first half flew by, very entertaing......
Very animated in " our house " :? wonder why..........
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:22 pm

The ending to this match is awesome.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:29 pm

And so were those goals.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:33 pm

What a terrific advertisement for football. Two teams, fully committed, playing end to end football for 120 minutes. Two excellent goals to earn a deserved victory for Italy, but Germany come out with a huge amount of credit.

The game was played in good spirit too, with none of the oscar level rolling around. Huge kudos to the referee.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Del Pierro for Bolton anyone, or is he too old? :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:36 pm

warthog wrote:
The game was played in good spirit too, with none of the oscar level rolling around. Huge kudos to the referee.
Er, except Ballack getting a shoulder in his chest and going down poleaxed grabbing his face :mrgreen:

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 pm

Absolutely magnificent, all those people who thought England had what it takes should now realise how far behind we actually are. Neither teams stars bottled it like our men, end to end fantastic football.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:39 pm

I disagree, I definitely thought Italy were up to their old tricks.

In a way you have to say it's a shame to see Italy through to the final. A team so riddled with corruption that their champions are likely to be relegated to Serie C with three more teams facing relegation to Serie B in the final? What an embarrassment for the World Cup. I wish FIFA had taken a strong stand like the Tour de France organizers and ejected Italy from the tournament as soon as this broke. Sadly, Sepp Blatter would punch his own mother in the face if it meant the "big" teams moving through the Cup and making him more money.

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:40 pm

End to end stuff - a couple of good goals - but someone is :cry: in our house .
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:15 pm

I enjoyed that, especially when Germany settled for the shoot-out and got undone by a superb goal.

Shame did anyone see Klinnsman cry?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:31 pm

fanz wrote:Absolutely magnificent, all those people who thought England had what it takes should now realise how far behind we actually are. Neither teams stars bottled it like our men, end to end fantastic football.
Agreed. I've got to the point where I think it would be better if England went out of a tournament being hammered five or six nil. Then maybe the numpties who run the FA would realise that we simply don't produce enough English players of quality.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:34 pm

Argentina out, Germany out, Brazil out, England out. Oh dear chaps, it's not going to plan. Maybe we should start again. :roll:

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:40 am

Great game. Great advertisement for the game. Great goals - rubbish result. Materazzi dived too much but it was reffed really well. 3 cards and all the stars in the final from this semi. Germany have time on their side. Their backline will be back and in their prime. Midfield mainly. Podolski.

For me this tournament has been about attacking wingbacks. Today Lahm and Zamborotta, Grosso, Marquez, Moore, Chipperfield, Colocinni having the confidence to go forward and spark things. I think Italy would breeze by Portugal but France could challenge them.

Man of the match. Gattuso was always the second tackler then starter of the counter. Wasn't surprised he got cramps.
What could've happened; did.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:11 am

warthog wrote:
fanz wrote:Absolutely magnificent, all those people who thought England had what it takes should now realise how far behind we actually are. Neither teams stars bottled it like our men, end to end fantastic football.
Agreed. I've got to the point where I think it would be better if England went out of a tournament being hammered five or six nil. Then maybe the numpties who run the FA would realise that we simply don't produce enough English players of quality.
See this is where we go wrong. We HAVE players of quality. Sven brought us upa level, but was a shit long term coach. I have no doubt that a properly organized team with a few role players would see England through. In fact, this crap knockout round has convinced me we missed a big chance. we werent good enough in 02, maybe in 98 with a flash owen, but now It's all about the management.

Great game, but I believe in all my heart that a properly coached and SELECTED England would do well. The FA are our greatest nemesis.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:19 am

warthog wrote: Then maybe the numpties who run the FA would realise that we simply don't produce enough English players of quality.
Are we surprised when out top league is full of foreign players. If we expect England to perform better then we need to be bringing on our younger players by giving them playing time in out top league, e.g. S Wright Phillips. As long as the Premiership allows Clubs to pack their teams with foreigners at the expense of young English players the England team will continue to go downhill.

I appreciate the argument that playing against some of the Worlds top players week in week out in the league is supposed to help our top players but it just doesn't. It has never helped the Spanish team or the England team, the only Country that appears to be uneffected by this fenomenon is Italy. But I don't think that they have as many foreigners playing in their league as they used to or nearly as many as we do in the Premiership.

Time for the FA to take some action I think.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:24 am

How good is that Grosso? He has been my player of the tournament so far, has played well in every game I've seen Italy play in. Cracking game, great goals, the best match of the tournament by far.

Del Piero could be a possiblity if Juve are relagated, I read Cannovara was going to Fulham if the Old Lady got relagated! :D
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:24 am

FaninOz wrote:
warthog wrote: Then maybe the numpties who run the FA would realise that we simply don't produce enough English players of quality.
Are we surprised when out top league is full of foreign players. If we expect England to perform better then we need to be bringing on our younger players by giving them playing time in out top league, e.g. S Wright Phillips. As long as the Premiership allows Clubs to pack their teams with foreigners at the expense of young English players the England team will continue to go downhill.

I appreciate the argument that playing against some of the Worlds top players week in week out in the league is supposed to help our top players but it just doesn't. It has never helped the Spanish team or the England team, the only Country that appears to be uneffected by this fenomenon is Italy. But I don't think that they have as many foreigners playing in their league as they used to or nearly as many as we do in the Premiership.

Time for the FA to take some action I think.
Perhaps we should send them that inspirational Aussie immigration poster to use. :wink:

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.