Gutted

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Gutted

Post by wovlad » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:20 am

Some mates of mine flew out to Amsterdam yesterday. It was a last minute thing. The plan was
Amsterdam then Berlin for the final should England have got there. Now we're out of the cup I doubt they'll get any further than the dutch capital of weed. Couldn't fault em if they did now't but stay there.
I can see them now sat in a Rembrandtsplien Bar enjoying a cold ale, watching the totty walk by.
Before heading down to some other place of interest.

Not for the first time muggins here could'nt get the time off doh..... At times like this work truly sucks....
... big time.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:03 pm

Well if it's of any consolation, Wovlad. I was working in Amsterdam the other week and as such, said "Places of interest" were well out of bounds!! :cry: That said, I've been twice before on jolly boys outings and had never realised until having had a good and sober walk around the city the other week what a beautiful place it actually is! :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

wovlad
Promising
Promising

Post by wovlad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Well if it's of any consolation, Wovlad. I was working in Amsterdam the other week and as such, said "Places of interest" were well out of bounds!! :cry: That said, I've been twice before on jolly boys outings and had never realised until having had a good and sober walk around the city the other week what a beautiful place it actually is! :oops:
Very true. I've been and on a few occasions I've had a wander far away from the tourist area's. Its good sometimes to get away from the tourist areas and find yourself a hidden gem. If you can drag yourself away from the pubs, coffee shops, brothels etc.. Not quite a hidden gem but a tour of the Anne Franke House is very sobering & moving.
That is for ever England

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:04 pm

wovlad wrote:Not quite a hidden gem but a tour of the Anne Franke House is very sobering & moving.
Am I the only one who spots the irony of Anne Frank and hidden being used here? :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:30 pm

blurred wrote:
wovlad wrote:Not quite a hidden gem but a tour of the Anne Franke House is very sobering & moving.
Am I the only one who spots the irony of Anne Frank and hidden being used here? :D
In the Broadway production of the Diary of Anne Frank, the actress playing Anne was very bad and the audience found her extremely annoying. Towards the end, the Gestapo burst into the house screaming "Vere ist Anne Frank?". As one the audience yelled "She's in the attic!".

However, I can well believe visiting the actual site would be a moving experience, as is the trip to Auschwitz. It is good we keep these memorials to remind ourselves of that dark period in the history of mankind.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

wovlad
Promising
Promising

Post by wovlad » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:46 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
blurred wrote:
In the Broadway production of the Diary of Anne Frank, the actress playing Anne was very bad and the audience found her extremely annoying. Towards the end, the Gestapo burst into the house screaming "Vere ist Anne Frank?". As one the audience yelled "She's in the attic!".

However, I can well believe visiting the actual site would be a moving experience, as is the trip to Auschwitz. It is good we keep these memorials to remind ourselves of that dark period in the history of mankind.
Very true, Had it not been for some bastard grassing on the family, they'd have all survived. No way they'd have caught them otherwise. Ingenious how they divided the house.
That is for ever England