3rd 4th Place Playoff

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

3rd 4th Place Playoff

Post by JAM » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:30 am

Why?

Does anyone care?

For the players it must be the worst thing ever - get so close to the world cup final, get knocked out, then have to play a meaningless game.

It's not the frickin Olympics there's no bronze medal on offer.

Maybe we should follow this example and see who finishes third in the FA Cup next season?
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:54 am

Totally agree. It's a knock-out competition so why bother? Even "beaten-finalists" means nothing at the end of the day
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:59 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Totally agree. It's a knock-out competition so why bother? Even "beaten-finalists" means nothing at the end of the day
Bet Lineker thinks the same. Had it not been for this sham of a game in 1990. He'd have tied & therefore
won the golden boot. Making him the only player to win it twice. As it was Schillachi scored from the spot
and pipped him by 1.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:26 pm

Probably wrong, but I think it might have something to do with those wonderfully accurate World Rankings!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:14 am

Its like they do in the Olympics playing off for the Bronze Medal. Complete waste of time, but I assume it makes more money for FIFA and that's what football is all about now. Its ruined the game.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:04 am

Show me the runner-up and I'll show you the first LOSER!

:wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JAM » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:43 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Probably wrong, but I think it might have something to do with those wonderfully accurate World Rankings!!
You're probably right, and here's the top ten. However I cannot believe the sarcastic tone of your post - USA are obviously much better than argentina :roll:

1 Brazil
2 Czech Republic
3 The Netherlands
4 Mexico
5 USA
5 Spain
7 Portugal
8 France
9 Argentina
10 England
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:36 pm

The whole list is a fraud. The US is a top 15 side maybe, but not top 5. I like the US too, but until they play the best of Europe/South America more often FIFA has no business making them 5th.