Middle East Crisis

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Middle East Crisis

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Hoboh wrote: Sorry, but if you cannot see the mind set of middle class liberals at work here, you must be one of them!
Since when has making excuses up for 'nice boys' who feck off to commit atrocities all over the place worked?
I'll be totally honest here, if he was my lad I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to get his sorry ass back over here and we'd take it from there, inside I probably be ready to chin the bugger for the misery he'd caused the wife. Would I send him anything? absolutely not, in no circumstances, fecking youth want their arses wiping and someone picking up their mess until way into their late 30's these days.
He went, his choice, his problem, he's not a baby!
The natural response when one of your children is suffering or in trouble is to try and help them surely?

They may genuinely believe he is there for the reasons he has stated.

It isn't about excuses though, it is about explaining why not every piece of someone's thinking is automatically going to align with yours. They probably haven't stopped to consider ulterior motives at this stage. They are probably just trying to help their son out.

I think it is very easy to criticise them for what they've done. I find it a massive leap of underlying nonsense to try and extrapolate that to a middle class plot or to let ISIS win. Or whatever other nonsense you think it is.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:16 pm

^ yes... but don't forget that Hobes is coming from a world where

1) ISIS is not the problem - the problem is humanitarians
2) Climate change is not the problem - the problem is tree-huggers

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:24 am

Lets get this right......

1. America wants Assad gone so it can have Qatari (sunni) gas piped through Syria to Europe so as to decouple Europe from Russia.
2. America funds, finances and foments civil insurrection in Syria in pursuit of the aim.
3. Russia finally steps in and declares....NO
4. Said American terrorists are routed and will be effectively destroyed by the end of the month
5. Americans now want "peace"
6. Medvedev says "not on my watch"

So there we have it people.......the prospect of WW3 not for any great, good or altruistic high ideal but for a bunch of camel dealing tent dwellers.

The sooner Turkey and Saudi get involved and are DESTROYED the sooner we can all get on with our lives.

You heard it from the horses mouth.....Russia is not for turning....the bombing will stop when its finished and not a moment sooner.

If the MORONS in Washington want everything destroyed globally then provide air support for the Turks and Saudi's and pass the popcorn

When North America and Europe look like Aleppo.....what then?

"Oh....it wasn't meant to turn out this way" or something to that effect?

Asinine behaviour of the highest order.
Nice summary!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:34 am

Now I'm lost....

Oxfordshire parents try to send money for glasses to idiot son - attracts comment "The West is finished"

Impending WW3 - attracts the comment "Nice summary"

Should I be more worried about glasses or inter-continental ballistics?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:45 am

Worthy4England wrote:Now I'm lost....

Oxfordshire parents try to send money for glasses to idiot son - attracts comment "The West is finished"

Impending WW3 - attracts the comment "Nice summary"

Should I be more worried about glasses or inter-continental ballistics?
Without glasses the ICBM's would miss their target (still killing numberless people .... in their cases utterly oblivious of their impending doom).

So for sheer accuracy the glasses win.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:16 pm

This week’s truce was described as a “glimmer of hope” by Assad. However, the lull in fighting has seen widespread protests attended by thousands of people across the country. Demonstrators in parts of Aleppo, Damascus, Daraa and Homs called for the Syrian leader to step down.
They just don't know when to take time out do they?
Next moaning because the Russian resume bombing and more fleeing to Europe.
Just shut the fcuk up for a while and give some time to set up some peace and a settlement.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:24 am

Hoboh wrote:
This week’s truce was described as a “glimmer of hope” by Assad. However, the lull in fighting has seen widespread protests attended by thousands of people across the country. Demonstrators in parts of Aleppo, Damascus, Daraa and Homs called for the Syrian leader to step down.
Just shut the fcuk up for a while and give some time to set up some peace and a settlement.
Are you suggesting that weapons of war are a legitimate response to peaceful protest?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:31 am

Hoboh wrote:

eh?? the russians were bombing rebels hours after the cease-fire wa supposed to come into effect... they never stopped!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

eh?? the russians were bombing rebels hours after the cease-fire wa supposed to come into effect... they never stopped!
The terms of the cease fire allowed continuous bombing of certain rebels, indeed it was encouraged. There just happens to be disagreement as to which side of nasty the Nusra Front resideth therein.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

The terms of the cease fire allowed continuous bombing of certain rebels, indeed it was encouraged. There just happens to be disagreement as to which side of nasty the Nusra Front resideth therein.
indeed.. I was highlighting Hoboh's idea that "next" the Russians will RESUME bombing - to do that, they'd actually have to have stopped, no?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:09 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Oh really and you can prove that? they were all your 'good rebels' then?
Hardly any Russian combat planes flew in the first 24hrs and that was widely reported, where are the Yanks screaming about all these breeches? Of course it doesn't fit your Putin bad guy agenda does it?

And just where does it state these demo's were peaceful Mr Kanagana?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:12 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

indeed.. I was highlighting Hoboh's idea that "next" the Russians will RESUME bombing - to do that, they'd actually have to have stopped, no?
I concede that...no doubt they never stopped.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Hardly any Russian combat planes flew in the first 24hrs and that was widely reported, where are the Yanks screaming about all these breeches? Of course it doesn't fit your Putin bad guy agenda does it?

Where does it state they weren't?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Do you really need an agenda to argue that Putin is a bad guy?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:35 am

The protestor was referencing a controversial US decision to force the victorious Kurdish YPG forces to withdraw from the captured town of Manbij to the other side of the Euphrates river – a move aimed a placating Turkey, which views them as terrorists.
Fcuk Turkey, the two faced state terrorist nice people!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:57 am

Hoboh wrote:
The protestor was referencing a controversial US decision to force the victorious Kurdish YPG forces to withdraw from the captured town of Manbij to the other side of the Euphrates river – a move aimed a placating Turkey, which views them as terrorists.
Fcuk Turkey, the two faced state terrorist tw*ts!
They must be in the EU by now, surely...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:02 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Fcuk Turkey, the two faced state terrorist tw*ts!
They must be in the EU by now, surely...
Not yet, but last week their ground forces moved into Syria supposedly to fight ISIS but just happened to shell and engage Kurds!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:08 am

Shit. Syria's in the EU too?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:14 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

I will forever read your name in a Japanese accent now. Brush on, brush off......
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:14 am

According to the leaflet I got before the referendum, so is Iraq. Why does our government hide these things from us?