Middle East Crisis

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Middle East Crisis

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/a ... -isis-iraq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Poland 100,000 zloty (£19,000) has been pledged by the Department for Developmental Cooperation for refugee schools to accommodate hundreds of children in Northern Iraq, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Very feckin' generous of them!

Usual suspects missing, come on Merkel leader of the EU where the feck is your aid or assistance, busy piling up your Euros as usual while everyone else pays?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 am

The Daily Fail didn't bother reporting it for you homes?
https://www.google.ae/url?sa=t&source=w ... MIzQ_67EOA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hobes even :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:32 am

One truck load from the richest country in Europe, wow!
Of course the excuse of the EU meeting today will cover them for a couple of million Euros out of the total (expected to be around 17 mill Euros, the UK alone has pledged £8 mill plus weapons for the Kurds if required), so hardly big of the Germans eh!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:00 am

Weapons! Yay! That'll learn 'em!

The £8m worth of weaponry on display earlier today...

You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 am

They should ask the local police forces in the states to donate weapons. They seem to have loads.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 am

Beefheart wrote:They should ask the local police forces in the states to donate weapons. They seem to have loads.
US Joe public has shed loads more, maybe they should donate.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Is there not a danger that many Muslims will continue to feel isolated by the different US responses here?

Muslims slaughter Christians, the US jump into action and start carpet bombing the area.

Jews slaughter Muslims and the US turn a blind eye
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 pm

ISIS's "foreign policy" is a bit fecked up

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 pm

It is estimated there are 400 to 500 UK fighters in Syria and Iraq with Isis. It is believed that up to 250 have returned to Britain.
And we just let them! Open door UK :hang:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:12 am

Hoboh wrote:
It is estimated there are 400 to 500 UK fighters in Syria and Iraq with Isis. It is believed that up to 250 have returned to Britain.
I think the open door is down to them being UK citizens, i.e. they live here. If they have UK passports then of course there is an open door policy to them. I hope every feck* who leaves the UK to fight for ISIS doesn't come back, but we can't stop them. Just lock them up when they return if there is evidence against them.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:15 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
I think the open door is down to them being UK citizens, i.e. they live here. If they have UK passports then of course there is an open door policy to them. I hope every feck who leaves the UK to fight for ISIS doesn't come back, but we can't stop them. Just lock them up when they return if there is evidence against them.
It is within the powers of the UK government to revoke these passports and like you I hope all those that join ISIS ends up on the end of a US bomb, thus never to return.
Things like this actually show just how well multicultural UK is working, the freedoms afforded them are abused and don't forget the silence of the Muslims over ISIS while screaming about Israel.
We should not lose sight of the fact if the UK gets deeper involved, these so called 'citizens' could be shooting at other Brits.
I await the stampede of the bigot and racist lynch mob!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:30 am

No it isn't.

And yes. A belief that up to 250 people have returned is stunningly strong evidence.

The silence of Muslims? Is that a film?

Like LE says, if there's evidence against them, charge 'em.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:45 am

Hoboh wrote:and don't forget the silence of the Muslims over ISIS

which silence would that be?
Saudi Arabia's top religious official has recently denounced the Islamic State terrorist organization, better known as ISIS.

Following the words of other Muslim leaders, Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh issued a statement Tuesday that was released by the Saudi Press Agency.

"Extremist and militant ideas and terrorism which spread decay on earth, destroying human civilization," said al-Sheikh, "are not in any way part of Islam, but are enemy number one of Islam, and Muslims are their first victims."
Free Sign Up CP Newsletter!

The Saudi Grand Mufti's comments were the latest of several Muslim leaders both religious and secular, from Indonesia to Egypt, condemning the actions and views of ISIS.
Two of the leading voices in the Muslim world denounced the persecution of Christians in Iraq, at the hands of extremists proclaiming a caliphate under the name Islamic State.

The most explicit condemnation came from Iyad Ameen Madani, the Secretary General for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the group representing 57 countries, and 1.4 billion Muslims.

In a statement, he officially denounced the "forced deportation under the threat of execution” of Christians, calling it a "crime that cannot be tolerated.” The Secretary General also distanced Islam from the actions of the militant group known as ISIS, saying they "have nothing to do with Islam and its principles that call for justice, kindness, fairness, freedom of faith and coexistence.”
this is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation backing the statement:

also - Muslims in Britain...

The leaders of Muslim communities in Britain have condemned the “barbaric violence” of Islamic extremists fighting in Syria and Iraq.

At an event in London called to promote peace between the world’s religions, the Muslim Council of Britain, the Shia al-Khoei Foundation and other Muslim organisations said that fighters for the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant (Isis) were acting “contrary to the values” of their religion.

They added that the extremists posed a threat to “Muslims of all demoninations and schools of thought” and expressed their outright opposition to the destruction and killing that the Islamist fighters were inflicting on the Iraqi and Syrian population.

They also appealed to all British Muslims to shun extremist ideology and to resist any attempt by extremists to lure young men and women from this country to join the fighting. The denunciation was delivered during a “Big Iftar” event celebrating Ramadan at the Imam Al Khoei Islamic centre in north London last night and followed a similar joint message at Westminster by Sunni and Shia groups.

Shuja Shafi, of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: “Violence has no place in religion, violence has no religion. It is prohibited for people to present themselves for destruction.”

The joint statement, which is also signed by the British Muslim Forum, the Mosque and Imam National Advisory Board and more than 50 imams nationwide, condemned “the barbaric violence and destruction perpertrated by Isis” and denounces the Sunni group’s threats to destroy Shia holy sites as “contrary to the values of Islam”.

so - I ask again - what silence???

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 pm

The tabloid press won't report statements by decent-minded moderate muslims, where's the sensation in that?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:38 pm

thebish wrote: so - I ask again - what silence???
There you go again, trying to bring evidence into the discussion.

As though hoboh needs evidence. He's enough on his 'mind' without that.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _FINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearly this is not working.

Bish, the problem is at grass roots were extremists are infiltrating mosques in a similar fashion to Marxists and the trade unions, taking up positions of influence.

Where are all the peaceful Muslims on the streets at demos against ISIS?
Plenty turn up to support Hamas and bash Israel.

I read an article earlier that said approx 4.5% of the population is Muslim yet only 0.4% of the British armed forces are Muslim, there are more in Syria and Iraq fighting for ISIS, says a lot.

Anyway thats my last post on this or any other overseas business.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Hoboh wrote: Where are all the peaceful Muslims on the streets at demos against ISIS?
here are Kashmir Shiite muslims Protesting Against ISIS:

here are Shia Muslims protesting outside White House against ISIS:

here are Muslim women in the Netherlands protesting against ISIS:

here are Sunni and Shiite Muslims standing together outside Calgary City Hall to protest against ISIS:

Muslims are on the streets protesting about ISIS in New Delhi:

and in London (last Saturday)

and in Germany (Mannheim)

I could go on...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:58 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote: Where are all the peaceful Muslims on the streets at demos against ISIS?
here are Kashmir Shiite muslims Protesting Against ISIS:

here are Shia Muslims protesting outside White House against ISIS:

here are Muslim women in the Netherlands protesting against ISIS:

here are Sunni and Shiite Muslims standing together outside Calgary City Hall to protest against ISIS:

Muslims are on the streets protesting about ISIS in New Delhi:

and in London (last Saturday)

and in Germany (Mannheim)

I could go on...
Please do

British?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 am

Probably the ones in London. And some Dutch, Germans, Americans, Indians, Candians and Indians and Pakistanis. So that'll be your bullshit knocked into a cocked hoop. Again.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 am

Hoboh wrote:
British?

last time I checked - London was in Britain...