Road trip

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:03 pm

white blood wrote:
50sQuiff wrote:Once more, absolutely amazing photos Monty. Sat in a London office on a dreary day like this, this thread is a welcome vicarious distraction :)
I reckon half of those are postcards he has picked up on the way :wink: you must have a shit-hot camera, my boots disposable pickies dont come out like that!?
I'm not an expert on cameras. I have a Canon digicam the kids gave me a year or so ago, with 3-1 zoom. Later they gave me a card that allowed storing many more pictures. Since I don't use film I can take as many per day as I like (just like any Japanese or American tourist). I usually take 50-100 per day, and post about 5 on that site. I do not post the ones I take of my feet by mistake (especially if I'm wearing white socks). Getting good results from a Boots disposable would take far more skill than I possess and, no doubt, some divine intervention. As it is I just point and shoot - the whole thing seems fairly idiot proof.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:57 am

Hello, again, Monty.

Like others here my thanks go to you for taking the time and trouble to share your trip. It's been a most interesting ride. I'm pleased to see that you made it home without too many problems and in one piece. I think you deserve a holiday after all that work.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Dujon wrote:Hello, again, Monty.

Like others here my thanks go to you for taking the time and trouble to share your trip. It's been a most interesting ride. I'm pleased to see that you made it home without too many problems and in one piece. I think you deserve a holiday after all that work.
:D It wasn't the most restful vacation of my life - especially the last three days driving back from Calgary. However, I wanted to show my kids some of the scenery I had seen forty years ago with my parents, and some I had never seen. Americans, in their natural habitat, in small numbers, and far away from Washington, D.C., tend to be warm and generous people. Some of the most pleasant on this trip were, to my surprise, the Navajos. Altogether a great place to visit but I wouldn't....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:37 pm

Just added the final images to the site - dawn, sunrise and sun up from the ferry here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:56 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Just added the final images to the site - dawn, sunrise and sun up from the ferry here.
Great stuff Monty. Just viewed the lot. Fantastic holiday, thanks for sharing it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Just added the final images to the site - dawn, sunrise and sun up from the ferry here.
Great stuff Monty. Just viewed the lot. Fantastic holiday, thanks for sharing it.
Here, here!!!

My vote for thread of the summer!

No arguements, no wind up's, just pure enjoyment - fantastic!!

Thank you Monty.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:04 pm

sluffy wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Here, here!!!

My vote for thread of the summer!

No arguements, no wind up's, just pure enjoyment - fantastic!!

Thank you Monty.
Other than some uncalled for remarks on the subject of socks, you mean?

The strait between the US and Canada in the west is named for its explorer, Juan de Fuca. I had always assumed he was Spanish, so was a bit surprised when I staggered up to his monument to find out he was Greek. I mention this only because my photo was taken at the top and I hope you'll all notice and remember

SANDALS AND NO SOCKS

Anyway thanks for the kind words.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:10 pm

I thought you were picking Sluffy up for his apostrophe usage for a second there.

I've enjoyed the photos as they have come without commenting Monty. Thanks very much for sharing. I'd love to go and see some of those places myself one day. Perhaps when I'm living out my Ally McBeal fantasy in Boston.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:14 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I thought you were picking Sluffy up for his apostrophe usage for a second there.

I've enjoyed the photos as they have come without commenting Monty. Thanks very much for sharing. I'd love to go and see some of those places myself one day. Perhaps when I'm living out my Ally McBeal fantasy in Boston.
No reason why a young fellow like you shouldn't make the trip one day and, indeed, see much more of the world. I seldom correct anyone's English these days (although I did join some banter on the subject today), but you may be sure I would never correct either Sluffy or SOTWA.
Say hello to AT when you are doing your Ally McBeal.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: but you may be sure I would never correct either Sluffy or SOTWA.
Well Soldier has a big gun - so I suggest no one should correct his spelling mistakes.

As for my spelling - I do try my best - honest. :oops:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:34 pm

sluffy wrote:Well Soldier has a big gun
Goodness me, don't tell Gertie.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:35 pm

sluffy wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: but you may be sure I would never correct either Sluffy or SOTWA.
Well Soldier has a big gun - so I suggest no one should correct his spelling mistakes.

As for my spelling - I do try my best - honest. :oops:
Not because of his gun, Sluffy, but it is a point to bear in mind.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:37 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
You mis-read what I put mummy - I said a big gun - not a big 'un! :shock: :wink:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:23 pm

sluffy wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
You mis-read what I put mummy - I said a big gun - not a big 'un! :shock: :wink:
Your both right!! :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:32 pm

Harry Gemshaw is going on a similar road trip next month - should we leave this thread up so he can add to it? He'll be going to a bunch of places I didn't visit this year like Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Little Big Horn and the South Dakota Badlands. How about it, Harry? This was Yellowstone three years ago:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: The strait between the US and Canada in the west is named for its explorer, Juan de Fuca. I had always assumed he was Spanish, so was a bit surprised when I staggered up to his monument to find out he was Greek.
Juan de Fuca also gave his name to the subsea tectonic ridge off the west coast of North America. I have fond memories of a stuttering geology lecturer who had particular problems with the last part of his name. (Of course, these days, we'd have all nodded sagely and whispered, 'Must be Tourette's!')