Road trip

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:42 pm

I bet there's some dogging goes on in there! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I bet there's some dogging goes on in there! :shock:
Slang alert! Translation required. Over here dogging is following closely and continously.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:00 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Slang alert! Translation required. Over here dogging is following closely and continously.
It's not that different to our definition.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
People really should bookmark urbandictionary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dogging

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:19 pm

keveh wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Ah - well I doubt it, Bruce. With all the empty space in Canada, there are cheaper and far more isolated places to engage in sex than paying to enter a tourist attractiion. But I'll let you know after today.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:20 pm

Having driven a long way in America, Harry, I have discovered the following. Whenever Americans get on a highway of two or more lanes in their direction, 96.23% of them are drawn to the left (fast) lane as quickly as possible by some magnetic attraction. Having achieved this goal, they never leave the lane and proceed at a speed at which they feel comfortable (usually approximately the same speed as the vehicle to their immediate right) – I believe this has something to do with Manifest Destiny or possibly watching too much television eating junk food. I do not know if this sort of thing is common in England, but to a Canadian it is very irritating as Americans appear quite oblivious to anything done behind them (horns, headlights, vaguely Italian gestures, etc.). After a few miles one is quickly driven to F1 type tactics, accelerating very quickly in the slow lane before swooping to the left (occasionally the centre lane can be used if there are no 18-wheel semis around). No one seems to mind being “undertaken” nor does this cause them to move to a slower lane. It does not even appear to be illegal to whiz by on the right and no one seems to notice (except in Oregon where it is illegal to pass a snowplough on the right – not an eventuality I had to face). I hope this information proves useful to you next month, Harry.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:23 pm

well you'll be looking for new sites what with GMP cracking down on that kind of thing. Scammonden Damn is much closer for you though.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:33 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
well you'll be looking for new sites what with GMP cracking down on that kind of thing. Scammonden Damn is much closer for you though.
Stan? :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:
Stan? :shock:
No it's Phil.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:37 am

Starting the long drive back tomorrow - hope to reach Jasper, Alberta. Posted some pics of Victoria on the website. A pretty place.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:14 pm

keveh wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

hmmm, Rivington eh?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:24 pm

Arrived safely back in Montreal having driven 14.6 thousand kms. Final pictures, Canadian Rockies, now posted. Unfortunately we spend 60 kms in a low lying cloud and missed the entire Athabasca River valley. Got back late on Saturday to great news of a Trotter win and, against all probability, a win in the last test. Sleep now required.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:25 pm

Nighty night Monty... Glad to hear you had a great time!!!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:42 pm

Stunning picture of Bow Lake. Ta for letting us all in on your photos.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:42 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Arrived safely back in Montreal having driven 14.6 thousand kms. Final pictures, Canadian Rockies, now posted. Unfortunately we spend 60 kms in a low lying cloud and missed the entire Athabasca River valley. Got back late on Saturday to great news of a Trotter win and, against all probability, a win in the last test. Sleep now required.
The Michael Palin of Canada, well done Monty! Lived the dream and returned to tell the tale. Nice one matey :wink:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Stunning picture of Bow Lake. Ta for letting us all in on your photos.
A pleasure, LGM.
The colour of the water in lakes and rivers near glaciers is quite remarkable. It varies in tone depending on the sun and cloud conditions from grey to spectacular shades of blue. The change can happen in a matter of seconds so I took quite a few pictures of Bow Lake. Here is one with a little more cloud so it becomes more turquoise:

While in this one you can see the change taking place - cloud making the middle of the lake grey.

Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Great trip, fantastic pictures Monty. Good to have you safely back....now get some reading done. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Great trip, fantastic pictures Monty. Good to have you safely back....now get some reading done. :mrgreen:
I have a lot of emails so I have to go back and find that one, TD, but I will by the weekend.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:47 am

Once more, absolutely amazing photos Monty. Sat in a London office on a dreary day like this, this thread is a welcome vicarious distraction :)

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:18 am

50sQuiff wrote:Once more, absolutely amazing photos Monty. Sat in a London office on a dreary day like this, this thread is a welcome vicarious distraction :)
I reckon half of those are postcards he has picked up on the way :wink: you must have a shit-hot camera, my boots disposable pickies dont come out like that!?