Road trip

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Road trip

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:08 pm

On Friday morning I will be leaving on a long road trip so am unlikely to be posting much you will doubtless be relieved to hear. With my daughters and a son-in-common-law we are visiting the West. We will drive 3,000 kms to Greeley, Colorado in the first two days, then take it a little easy. Rocky Mountain National Park (NP), then Utah for Canyonlands NP and Bryce Canyon NP, New Mexico and Arizona (Grand Canyon NP), Nevada (Las Vegas - is there anything else?), California (Death Valley NP, Yosemite NP, Sanat Cruz, San Francisco, Redwoods, NP) Oregon (Crater Lake NP) and Washington (Olympia NP) and then the ferry to my sister's in Victoria BC. About 8000 kms in all. Coming home the short way (Vancouver, Calgary and Winnipeg) - another 4000 kms - with only my baby daughter. This may seem great distances (1500 km a day) by British standards but the roads are straight and wide, and cruise control avoids leg cramps. The only trick is to stay awake.

The season should have started by the time I return so we will be able to talk about football, rather than complaining about everything else. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Have a good one Monty and say hello to Vancouver for me.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:19 pm

Yeah - Have a great one Monty. You been before? The Grand Canyon is just effin awesome. Be interested to hear about the Rockies when you get back - I'm on a driving holiday over there in September. They might drive me mad on the telly but the Yanks are excellent hosts. Enjoy
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:32 pm

Sounds absolutely magnificent, Monty. Well, all except for the LV bit, but good luck and I'll tell the girls from Winnipeg to be on the lookout for a high rollin' Librarian. :wink:

Have a fantastic time.

Bruce
May the bridges I burn light your way

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:53 pm

Have a great time out there. In San Francisco, go to The Mad Dog in the Fog. A very good pub for footie.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Road trip

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:58 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:On Friday morning I will be leaving on a long road trip so am unlikely to be posting much you will doubtless be relieved to hear. With my daughters and a son-in-common-law we are visiting the West. We will drive 3,000 kms to Greeley, Colorado in the first two days, then take it a little easy. Rocky Mountain National Park (NP), then Utah for Canyonlands NP and Bryce Canyon NP, New Mexico and Arizona (Grand Canyon NP), Nevada (Las Vegas - is there anything else?), California (Death Valley NP, Yosemite NP, Sanat Cruz, San Francisco, Redwoods, NP) Oregon (Crater Lake NP) and Washington (Olympia NP) and then the ferry to my sister's in Victoria BC. About 8000 kms in all. Coming home the short way (Vancouver, Calgary and Winnipeg) - another 4000 kms - with only my baby daughter. This may seem great distances (1500 km a day) by British standards but the roads are straight and wide, and cruise control avoids leg cramps. The only trick is to stay awake.

The season should have started by the time I return so we will be able to talk about football, rather than complaining about everything else. :wink:
Aw,come on Monty. I know we made you a wild west hero, but this is taking it a bit far. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:07 pm

Have a wonderful time Monty... And isn't your baby daughter 16??? She's almost a grown up!!!

I hope you both have a most wonderful time and you see some amazing sights and I look forward to your tales and photos when you get back.

My offer of looking after your trivia account still stands ;)

Why are you driving off so soon???

Gertiexx

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:16 pm

Enjoy Monty! Safe home.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:30 pm

I expect plenty of 'lamp swinging' stories on your return Monty. Don't worry about Montipugh, he's in good hands :wink:

Have a good trip!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:33 pm

Vegas baby!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Have a great trip. Come back in one piece. I need someone to watch my back :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:02 pm

have a safe trip Monty :D

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:03 pm

that is a long drive chief, enjoy

the only way on our pair of islands to drive that far is by going from Dublin to Limerick, (although it is only 300km as the crow flys) the roads in Eire are ridiculous

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Have a great time Monty.

Will you be going anywhere near U.S. Cellular Field - the home of the White Sox? :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 pm

Thanks for your good wishes, chaps.

Brucie - I will try to meet some girls from Winnipeg, but am more likley to run into grandmothers from Moosejaw the way things are going.
Sluffy, I will be skirting Chicago so will be relatively close to Sox country by our standards of measurements - maybe within 30 miles.
Thanks for gaol break Enfield - I think you will end up the hero despite an unprepossing start.
I shall try to keep up with the novel, SOTWA, even if I drop the trivia
Yes, Gertie, my baby is 16 (do you have to keeo harping on my age?). I'll post some pics.
I don't think we'll spend much time in Vancouver, Warty, but I'll scream "HOG" as we pass through so they'll remember you.
I'll let you know what Gravestone really looks like, TD.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Thanks for your good wishes, chaps.

Brucie - I will try to meet some girls from Winnipeg, but am more likley to run into grandmothers from Moosejaw the way things are going.
Sluffy, I will be skirting Chicago so will be relatively close to Sox country by our standards of measurements - maybe within 30 miles.
Thanks for gaol break Enfield - I think you will end up the hero despite an unprepossing start.
Yes, Gertie, my baby is 16 (do you have to keeo harping on my age?). I'll post some pics.
I don't think we'll spend much time in Vancouver, Warty, but I'll scream "HOG" as we pass through so they'll remember you.
...correction...Chicago is CUBS country! and while in New Mexico try the chile peppers. :wink:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:50 pm

Yeah, even with a championship the Pale Hose are still second fiddle. ( I prefer my sox red anyways, :D )

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:52 pm

picaro wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Thanks for your good wishes, chaps.

...correction...Chicago is CUBS country! and while in New Mexico try the chile peppers. :wink:
It is also White Sox country, especially on the South Side where I am passing. I will probably pass on the peppers - it will be hot enough as it is.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Can I come?
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:03 pm

Hoolio wrote:Can I come?
Can you be in Montreal 4.00 am EDT Friday ?