Anybody like Punk or Punky type music

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tony Kelly is Zico!
Hopeful
Hopeful

Anybody like Punk or Punky type music

Post by Tony Kelly is Zico! » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Just thought I'd do a bit of shameless self promotion, my band is playing in Bolton tonight at Number 15 on Churchgate, I think it might used to have been The Brasshouse? Couple of other bands palying as well and all for the paltry sum of £4.

Crouch Mog(the only all BWFC supporting Punk band in the world) tonight at Number 15, Bolton, £4. 24/07/06. Bands on from 8.15pm
He's Blond, He spits he doesn't give a .........
El Hadji Diouf, El Hadji Diouf.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:05 pm

i think that would be cowdrill
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:35 pm

I think SKD (the website one not the real one) was trying to persuade me to go to one of your gigs, but it got cancelled.

She said you might do Westlife covers??

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Gertie wrote:I think SKD (the website one not the real one) was trying to persuade me to go to one of your gigs, but it got cancelled.

She said you might do Westlife covers??
TKZ will be back shortly love. He's gone off to be sick. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:12 pm

I wish I was a punk rocker...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Anybody like Punk or Punky type music

Post by Mar » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:15 pm

Tony Kelly is Zico! wrote:Just thought I'd do a bit of shameless self promotion, my band is playing in Bolton tonight at Number 15 on Churchgate, I think it might used to have been The Brasshouse? Couple of other bands palying as well and all for the paltry sum of £4.

Crouch Mog(the only all BWFC supporting Punk band in the world) tonight at Number 15, Bolton, £4. 24/07/06. Bands on from 8.15pm
So whats your cut of the £4?

Tony Kelly is Zico!
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tony Kelly is Zico! » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:37 pm

To answer all the questions from above:
a)our cut from tonight will be nothing, the reason being that we don't really do it for the money, just cos it's a laugh.
b) Gertie, if I knew you were coming we would have practised our Westloife covers unfortunately we didn't so maybe next time.
c) Anybody that sings that Punk rocker song by that charlatan is going to get a slap :)

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:40 pm

Tony Kelly is Zico! wrote:Just thought I'd do a bit of shameless self promotion, my band is playing in Bolton tonight at Number 15 on Churchgate, I think it might used to have been The Brasshouse? Couple of other bands palying as well and all for the paltry sum of £4.

Is there a guy in your band called Nigel?
Stay up

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanks for the invite and i definitely would have been there 30 years ago. Alas, i don't believe they let you in with slippers on nowadays.

Tony Kelly is Zico!
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tony Kelly is Zico! » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:42 pm

Yes BWFC in the bloodline, young Nige is the drummer in the band

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:39 pm

bettyrasta wrote:Thanks for the invite and i definitely would have been there 30 years ago. Alas, i don't believe they let you in with slippers on nowadays.
Hehe, Monday nights at the Swan, pogoing all night....halcyon days. I had the privilege of seeing the Pistols at the Lesser Free Trade Hall in July '76. My claim to fame is sleeping in Joe Strummers bed at the Liverpool Adelphi after seeing the Clash at Erics and then going on a club crawl with them.

Before anyone starts he wasn't in the bed, he gave it up to my girlfriend and I, a quality guy. :oops:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:56 pm

you lucky, lucky bastard! :mrgreen:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:44 pm

8) [/i]
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:07 pm

so you actually met Joe Strummer?
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

kissoffboardy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kissoffboardy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:10 am

Tony Kelly is Zico! wrote:Crouch Mog(the only all BWFC supporting Punk band in the world)
4 of the 5 idiots in The Kiss Off support the Super Whites. Number 5 is our bass player -The Pest, an interloper from Bradford and his dad is this feller

Bradford City mascot The City Gent.
Michael Wood from the Boy From Brazil website adds; 'Lenny is in essence an adult supporters mascot. Lenny is a large man sporting an impressive and frequently unveiled stomach and carrying a briefcase which contains a large pie, presented to raucous cheers from supporters before each game. Based on the club's cartoon mascot of the 1960s, then a representation of chairman Stafford Heginbotham, Lenny as an incarnation of the City supporting Gent with a case and an umbrella came as a surprise to most. As for why he was revived in the 90s, and indeed Lenny's purpose, reason is unclear, but his commitment to the mascot's function, to make the supporter feel closer to the club, is unfettered. How could one get closer to the club than by having its representative approach you in the bar before a game and drink heavily from your pint? Lenny's style is very much that of the traditional football goer. Pint and pie, there for the lads. More than a comedy mascot to be involved in japes, Lenny is a representative of the mainstay of supporters. Lenny travels with us, he drinks with us and, tellingly, while all comedy characters are banished in moments of grief, Lenny stands bowler hat bowed, during minutes silences, and mourns with us
if you've ever seen us live (hint -we're playing on Thursday at the Dog and Partridge near Bank Street taxis :wink: ) and seen any of The Pest's antics then the bit about his purpose being unclear may make a lot of sense. The drunken Yorkshire goon.
Slugs and snails are after me
DDT keeps me happy
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum.
Gonna get my Ph.D.
I'm a teenage lobotomy.

www.myspace.com/thebloodykissoff
www.myspace.com/savethedog
www.boltonmusic.co.uk

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:05 am

Cowdrill wrote:so you actually met Joe Strummer?
No. I just slept in his bed, wadda you think?

:crazy:

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:07 am

kissoffboardy wrote:
Tony Kelly is Zico! wrote:Crouch Mog(the only all BWFC supporting Punk band in the world)
4 of the 5 idiots in The Kiss Off support the Super Whites. Number 5 is our bass player -The Pest, an interloper from Bradford and his dad is this feller

Bradford City mascot The City Gent.
Michael Wood from the Boy From Brazil website adds; 'Lenny is in essence an adult supporters mascot. Lenny is a large man sporting an impressive and frequently unveiled stomach and carrying a briefcase which contains a large pie, presented to raucous cheers from supporters before each game. Based on the club's cartoon mascot of the 1960s, then a representation of chairman Stafford Heginbotham, Lenny as an incarnation of the City supporting Gent with a case and an umbrella came as a surprise to most. As for why he was revived in the 90s, and indeed Lenny's purpose, reason is unclear, but his commitment to the mascot's function, to make the supporter feel closer to the club, is unfettered. How could one get closer to the club than by having its representative approach you in the bar before a game and drink heavily from your pint? Lenny's style is very much that of the traditional football goer. Pint and pie, there for the lads. More than a comedy mascot to be involved in japes, Lenny is a representative of the mainstay of supporters. Lenny travels with us, he drinks with us and, tellingly, while all comedy characters are banished in moments of grief, Lenny stands bowler hat bowed, during minutes silences, and mourns with us
if you've ever seen us live (hint -we're playing on Thursday at the Dog and Partridge near Bank Street taxis :wink: ) and seen any of The Pest's antics then the bit about his purpose being unclear may make a lot of sense. The drunken Yorkshire goon.
I live in Bradford....shame I've never seen him in my life.... :wink:

Tony Kelly is Zico!
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tony Kelly is Zico! » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 pm

I have seen the Kiss Off and the pest is a loon, you said 4/5 of the band Crouch Mog are 4/4 BWFC :D

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:15 am

is this THE tony kelly? or someone who knows the guy? works for council or some other similar establishment?

Tony Kelly is Zico!
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tony Kelly is Zico! » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:44 pm

I wish I was Tony Kelly! Just one of my favourite BWFC players of all time :pray: