BORAT FILM!!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:02 pm

No I meant the fact that the bit I like best was lots of little kids being scared by a bear masquerading as an Ice Cream Man..!!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:04 pm

officer_dibble wrote:No I meant the fact that the bit I like best was lots of little kids being scared by a bear masquerading as an Ice Cream Man..!!!
which also wasn't real.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:06 pm

who cares if it wasnt real? its funny anyway. All films arent real, but Borat is a darnsight more 'real' than any other film.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:09 am

The chicken on the underground :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:09 am

daxter15 wrote:who cares if it wasnt real? its funny anyway. All films arent real, but Borat is a darnsight more 'real' than any other film.
But that's the whole point, Borat is meant to be this character who doesn't understand American culture, that's why he's over there.

The reason why his sketches were so funny is because of the reaction of the people, and how they will persevere with him.

I felt that the movie went away from that and a lot of things about it didn't keep inline with his shows. For example, that bear scene with the children was funny, but they ruined it by showing a camera angle from the bears vision, and unless you have a very fkn clever bear, you wouldn't get that shot. So the bit where the children run away was obviously set up, if it had been filmed from a distance and this ice cream van pull up and you just see a bear pop it's head out, it would have been spot on.

Loads of little things like that spoilt the film for me.

Don't get me wrong it was funny, but it just wasn't what I see Borat as.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:14 am

keveh wrote:

I felt that the movie went away from that and a lot of things about it didn't keep inline with his shows. For example, that bear scene with the children was funny, but they ruined it by showing a camera angle from the bears vision, and unless you have a very fkn clever bear, you wouldn't get that shot. So the bit where the children run away was obviously set up, if it had been filmed from a distance and this ice cream van pull up and you just see a bear pop it's head out, it would have been spot on.
Bah you spoiled it for me now Keveh you big bully :cry:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:25 am

lol, don't let me spoilt it for you, if you like it you liked it, not going to argue about whether you should or now.

just explaining why i didn't like it.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:18 pm

Nope, no amount of critismn will change my view that it was brilliant and it was the funniest film I've ever seen.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:20 am

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:29 pm

daxter15 wrote:Nope, no amount of critismn will change my view that it was brilliant and it was the funniest film I've ever seen.
Well, young Daxter. I'm going to go and see it this evening, see what all the fuss is about. I'll let you have my considered opinion tomorrow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 pm

Well, if ever I witnessed a triumph of hype over substance this was it. The only one bit of it that I really found to be piss funny was the scene in the hotel reception. Each to their own and all that but for me, in the main it was just all too obvious.
May the bridges I burn light your way