babies

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

white blood
Promising
Promising

babies

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:37 pm

right, new dilema

my best mate's missus has just given birth to a little baby boy, she was a week or so early and i havent bought any gifts - so what the hell presents do I buy????

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Take him out for a pint and let your missus sort out the present.

If you're single. Buy em some Next vouchers - Its the thought that counts.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Get them a card and wait until the christening to buy a gift or just get them a bottle of champagne to celebrate - she'll have been off the booze and a will be in need of a drink!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm

As the proud owner of 3 nephews and a niece plus several godchildren I always get...

Flowers and chocolate for the new mum, (don't tend to get much for the dad, they've had it easy!) and really cutie tiny baby clothes for the baby. Don't get the first size and they won't last.. Go for 3-6 months plenty of vests babygros plain colours that can get bunged in the washing machine and a really cute outfit for best look at Baby Gap they're adorable.

I love buying baby presents... You could just give me your credit card details and I'll buy for you..?? :D
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:53 pm

Gertie wrote:Flowers and chocolate for the new mum, (don't tend to get much for the dad, they've had it easy!) and really cutie tiny baby clothes for the baby. Don't get the first size and they won't last.. Go for 3-6 months plenty of vests babygros plain colours that can get bunged in the washing machine and a really cute outfit for best look at Baby Gap they're adorable.
Great advice apart from this load of crap. Trust me, the Dad hasn't had it easy. :whack: :whack:

That said though, just get your mate out to wet the baby's head, then follow the rest of Gert's post. Job done.
Businesswoman of the year.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Take him out for a pint and let your missus sort out the present.

If you're single. Buy em some Next vouchers - Its the thought that counts.

Thanks everyone, but i think Harry has the best idea! (but i might nip in selfridges on the way!)

wettin the babies head tonight methinks!!!! :pissed:

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:59 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Gertie wrote:Flowers and chocolate for the new mum, (don't tend to get much for the dad, they've had it easy!) and really cutie tiny baby clothes for the baby. Don't get the first size and they won't last.. Go for 3-6 months plenty of vests babygros plain colours that can get bunged in the washing machine and a really cute outfit for best look at Baby Gap they're adorable.
Great advice apart from this load of crap. Trust me, the Dad hasn't had it easy. :whack: :whack:
So which part of the giving birth did you do Crazy??? :P :twisted:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:06 pm

Gertie wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
:mrgreen:
I didn't suggest it was a walk in the park for the Mum...I just had to stress that the Dads don't have it easy.

Anyways, to answer you: Most Dads (myself included) just try out the laughing gas. That's pretty much their full involvment in the whole birth procedure.
Businesswoman of the year.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:08 pm

is there a baby Gap in manchester? i know normal Gap, is it in there or maybe go to tiny toms?

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:11 pm

One of the biggest Baby toddler manufacturer and retailer in the UK is based in farnworth beleive it or not. its called Cosatto, they supply Mothercare toys are us boot, everyone that sells toddler baby gear.

Buy them something from there. Worth a shot, if you know someone who works there even better cost price plus 10%.
Stay up

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:14 pm

white blood wrote:is there a baby Gap in manchester? i know normal Gap, is it in there or maybe go to tiny toms?
Yup, there is a baby Gap in the normal Gap near St Anne's Square.

Babies are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. (until they cry!)

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Gertie wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I'll just have you know, young lady, that seven years on I still have the marks where Mrs Z's nails dug into my hand during the delivery of Master Z. It stung a bit, I can tell you!

I have forgiven her, as I love her. I'm that sort of guy.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:11 pm

Gertie wrote:
white blood wrote:is there a baby Gap in manchester? i know normal Gap, is it in there or maybe go to tiny toms?
Yup, there is a baby Gap in the normal Gap near St Anne's Square.

Babies are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute. (until they cry!)
or pooh
or wee
or vomit
or dribble

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:18 pm

i want one of these

Any idea of stockists?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:22 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:
Gertie wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I'll just have you know, young lady, that seven years on I still have the marks where Mrs Z's nails dug into my hand during the delivery of Master Z. It stung a bit, I can tell you!

Zulu, this confirms everything I've ever thought. You're an amazing, sensitive, warm-hearted and compassionate man. I'm sure this gave Mrs Z great strength through every second of delivering your beautiful son ;)

Shame you weren't around when my friend Sally gave birth to her 10pound son and endured the 20+ stitches in her underneaths, without anaesthetic... I will NEVER EVER put myself through such an orderl!!!!!!! Even with a brave soldier to hold hands with!!
Last edited by Gertie on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:35 pm

I carry a cross and wear a garlic necklace when going into a doctor's surgery (and that was only to get my passport application signed). I magine the sheer trauma of actually going into a HOSPITAL! Men don't suffer? You are kidding. :roll:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:50 pm

As a father of twins (nearing five years)... go for vouchers. Yes, it's quanitifying your expenditure, but as Gertie hints, buying clothes is a bit of a waste of time - they'll either grow out of them within a month or never get the chance to put them on. We were given about four dozen items for a 0-6month baby and absolutely nothing after that; obviously that's not exactly rude of those who'd bought us birth-presents, but we were damn glad of those who'd got us vouchers, as we had to completely re-stock two little wardrobes...

Vouchers for what? Baby Gap if you like labels, Mothercare's good for clothes and hardware, Early Learning Centre perhaps, even Argos and Boots. It all comes in handy.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:53 pm

Wanderers Baby-Grow. There is no other gift.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:57 pm

Gertie wrote:
Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:
Gertie wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Zulu, this confirms everything I've ever thought. You're an amazing, sensitive, warm-hearted and compassionate man. I'm sure this gave Mrs Z great strength through every second of delivering your beautiful son ;)

Shame you weren't around when my friend Sally gave birth to her 10pound son and endured the 20+ stitches in her underneaths, without anaesthetic... I will NEVER EVER put myself through such an orderl!!!!!!! Even with a brave soldier to hold hands with!!
ImageImageImageImage

Ohhhhhhh dear!!..oh sorry, sorry that's a awful thing to do I just....I just..............................................................

ImageImageImageImage
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: babies

Post by Mar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:05 pm

white blood wrote:right, new dilema

my best mate's missus has just given birth to a little baby boy, she was a week or so early and i havent bought any gifts - so what the hell presents do I buy????
That all depends if she's naming it after you...