Shakers in bother

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

white blood
Promising
Promising

Shakers in bother

Post by white blood » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:14 pm

see our little sister has been naughty at school again. tut tut

http://www.boltoneveningnews.co.uk/news ... taunts.php

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:21 pm

They were moaning about Everton fans being racist in one of their friendlies.

Pot calling the kettle black.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:25 pm

I wouldn't have come out and called them mindless idiots, I'd have said...

"They are stupid fkn bastards who have no balls. Next time they want to start racist chants they should hope to god I'm not close to them because I'll rip their bollocks off"

Or something along those lines.

Coming out and saying "I would like to aplogise to MK Dons because of the chanting and racist comments." is pointless, it's what is said everytime this stuff happens. It's about time somebody was made an example of. I'd hire undercover police to go in the away section of my fans and arrest them and ban them from all football games.

I just can't understand how backwards some people are to start chants like that. Really gets to me (as you can probably read!)

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:28 pm

jmjhb wrote:They were moaning about Everton fans being racist in one of their friendlies.

Pot calling the kettle black.
good pun. It is suprising though, especially being a bury lad myself - i never heard anything like that going off in town before? must only be a real few, there was only 350 in total - should be easy to nail the suspects though.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:37 pm

The article explains what arose ...

The main flashpoint occured just before the full-time whistle, when MK Dons striker McLeod ... challenged Bury's Colin Woodthorpe in front of the stand where the away support was based.

Woodthorpe received seven stitches to a wound just above his eye and the referee was forced to suspend the game for four minutes for the player to receive treatment.

During the delay, MK Dons' physiotherapist was allegedly spat at by Shakers fans, and racist slurs were aimed at two other Dons players.

It is also alleged that an MK Dons player made gestures to the Bury supporters, and police say they will be checking video evidence to see if any charges can be brought.

... at what point do people say "wait on, we weren't calling him coz he was black ... but because he did an awful challenge on one of our players" ?? Why is everything which involves a black person, or an asian, or muslim necessarily racist ??

Remember Ferrari of Everton fouling Pederson last year but hurting himself in the process & being carried off ? He was booed & cat-called as he left on a stretcher. Was that coz he was Italian ?? ... or because he'd fouled one of ours ?

I don't know whether it was, or it wasn't, racist but it's just too, too easy to use racism as a get-out whenever anything happens.

I'm not excusing racism, I'm not excusing gobbing on a physio ... or anyone else, I'm not excusing bad behaviour if it occured. I just want people to be balanced.

Cue calls that I'm racist now ......
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:41 pm

I think the clue is in the words "and racist slurs were aimed at two other Dons players"

:roll:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:22 pm

Who cares? Nobody got hurt.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:45 pm

Lennon wrote:Who cares? Nobody got hurt.
Idiot.

Did you say that when the Spanish directed monkey noises at our black England players?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:24 pm

keveh wrote:
Lennon wrote:Who cares? Nobody got hurt.
Idiot.

Did you say that when the Spanish directed monkey noises at our black England players?
This will lose all significance anyway because the time that it actually gets dealt with will be so far removed from the time that it happened that it'll just be like 'ah, does anyone remember that?'. Instant fine would be a better way of dealing with it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Last edited by TANGODANCER on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'm a bit confused here. How exactly does one define "racism"?
Well in that article it says rascist slurs were aimed at black players.

I'm going to bet quite a lot of money the racial slur was not, "excuse me young chap, i don't think i like you very much".

Why are you bringing terrorist and drug dealers in to it? All this guy was doing was playing football, and the last time I check that wasn't a crime.

The rascism conversation has been had far too many times on here. It's pretty obvious that what happened is ridiculous and they should find these people and ban them from all games, and anybody who wants to act like a total prick in the future.

It's fair enough slating a player for cheating and and being generally shit, but there is no need to bring their religion/colour of their skin, in to it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:57 pm

Don't read me wrongly Keveh. I condone no form of racism. But in answer to my question, is not a Manchester supporter calling someone a "Bolton b-----d" a form of the same thing? Or a southerner calling a northener? Nearly all racists taunts or insults are used by idiots rather than sensible people. And racism applies in all walks of life, not just football. The whole world can't be judged by a handful of morons. A moron is usually a moron for life, not just for Christmas (sorry) :oops:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'm a bit confused here. How exactly does one define "racism"?

A chief constable has just expressed views that anti terrorism laws will bounce back unfairly on Muslims. The point is that most, if not all, the terrorists are Muslims. Fanatics, granted, but using their religion as the main reason for their actions. This is confusion on the grand scale. There are good and bad in every race and religion. Surely the tagets should be these elements rather than what colour or religion they are. Is a white drug dealer any better than a black one, or an Asian terrorist any less lethal than a white one? The world is going madder by the minute. A terrorist is a terrorist wherever he was born.

what on earth has any of that got to do with this thread???

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:28 pm

thebish wrote:
"Racism". Never mind, Ill delete the posts.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
fair enough - but you said you were puzzled about the definition of racism and then blurbled on about terrorism... hence my question. there was no hint of terrorism (or Islam) at the Bury game - so your post seemed so bizarrely off at a tangent that it stood out.. that's all

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:27 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
fair enough - but you said you were puzzled about the definition of racism and then blurbled on about terrorism... hence my question. there was no hint of terrorism (or Islam) at the Bury game - so your post seemed so bizarrely off at a tangent that it stood out.. that's all
I think you're both confused and so is the policeman.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:30 pm

It's a quarter to four...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:30 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
I'll save it for another thread sometime. No sweat. No offence.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:36 pm

none taken - it's not that kind of forum is it - that's what I like about it.. 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Don't read me wrongly Keveh. I condone no form of racism. But in answer to my question, is not a Manchester supporter calling someone a "Bolton b-----d" a form of the same thing? Or a southerner calling a northener? Nearly all racists taunts or insults are used by idiots rather than sensible people. And racism applies in all walks of life, not just football. The whole world can't be judged by a handful of morons. A moron is usually a moron for life, not just for Christmas (sorry) :oops:
Tango, read The Human Zoo by Desmond Morris, I'll lend it you if I can find it.
May the bridges I burn light your way