Steve Mclaren and England squad

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Steve Mclaren and England squad

Post by Daxter » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:12 pm

What a joke this new squad is and the new set up. TERRY VENABLES the assistant coach, what an absoloute joke. Phill Neville in the squad ahead of oh say , Kevin Nolan or Nigel Reo-coker. Dean Bloody Ashton. Overated to the hill. This is a joke. Kieran Richardson ahead of Nolan/Reo Coker. This is an abomination, and Mclaren will drive us into the ground. What has he done to deserve the job, a couple of decent cup runs and FIFTEEN'TH in the Premiership.

Mclaren will be gone in a year. The ginger Knobhead.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Re: Steve Mclaren and England squad

Post by white blood » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:15 pm

daxter15 wrote:What a joke this new squad is and the new set up. TERRY VENABLES the assistant coach, what an absoloute joke. Phill Neville in the squad ahead of oh say , Kevin Nolan or Nigel Reo-coker. Dean Bloody Ashton. Overated to the hill. This is a joke. Kieran Richardson ahead of Nolan/Reo Coker. This is an abomination, and Mclaren will drive us into the ground. What has he done to deserve the job, a couple of decent cup runs and FIFTEEN'TH in the Premiership.

Careful, that could be offensive and slanderous to knobheads all over the country.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:23 pm

daxter15 wrote:What a joke this new squad is and the new set up. TERRY VENABLES the assistant coach, what an absoloute joke. Phill Neville in the squad ahead of oh say , Kevin Nolan or Nigel Reo-coker. Dean Bloody Ashton. Overated to the hill. This is a joke. Kieran Richardson ahead of Nolan/Reo Coker. This is an abomination, and Mclaren will drive us into the ground. What has he done to deserve the job, a couple of decent cup runs and FIFTEEN'TH in the Premiership.

Terry Venables is as dodgy as the day is long but he knows tactical systems and will help us out of a straight-jacket. When asked if Beckham was the best right-sided Englishman, McClaren said "That remains to be seen" - sounds like Gerrard out right and a more defensive worker in central midfield, hence the inclusion of Neville, who played better there last season for Everton than he ever did at the swamp but was overlooked because he wasn't playing for Big Shiny Club. Would you want Nolan or, for that matter, Reo-Coker to de deputed to that role? I agree that either should be in the squad ahead of Jermaine frickin' Jenas, though. Richardson is one of two - TWO! - left-wingers in the squad, remember Joe Cole is injured: wouldn't fancy Nolan or Reo Coker out left. Dean Ashton is a good forward who some on these (web)pages have touted as perfect for us, and with Rooney out is certainly the only rival for Crouch in the role of a forward who isn't a four-foot speed merchant. As for what McClaren has done to deserve the job, that's open to question, but his predecessor had won plenty of titles.

August: The Month Of Panic.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:26 pm

Pleased to see Chris Kirkland get a call up following another superb season :roll:

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:30 pm

I've just seen the news conference and on reflection out of the english candidates, he doesn't seem that bad a choice. Its pretty clear from his sqaud that he is developing a team that moulds in time for the euros, something which Erikkson lacked, a bit of foresight.

I can guarantee you one thing, he'll be testing different formations in the run up to the championships and will know which players fit which formations, something which his predecessor didn't know after five years in the job.

Apart from Phil Neville, I can see his reasoning for the squad. Richardson for example you would hope would turn into a good left winger in two years time and has played well everytime he has put on the England shirt. I wouldn't have expected players that have not featured in the squads before to be selected this time round but with this new philosphy of trying out youngsters, I can assume that Nolan will be given his chance in time.

Give the guy a chance ffs!
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:34 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Terry Venables is as dodgy as the day is long but he knows tactical systems and will help us out of a straight-jacket. When asked if Beckham was the best right-sided Englishman, McClaren said "That remains to be seen" - sounds like Gerrard out right and a more defensive worker in central midfield, hence the inclusion of Neville, who played better there last season for Everton than he ever did at the swamp but was overlooked because he wasn't playing for Big Shiny Club. Would you want Nolan or, for that matter, Reo-Coker to de deputed to that role? I agree that either should be in the squad ahead of Jermaine frickin' Jenas, though. Richardson is one of two - TWO! - left-wingers in the squad, remember Joe Cole is injured: wouldn't fancy Nolan or Reo Coker out left. Dean Ashton is a good forward who some on these (web)pages have touted as perfect for us, and with Rooney out is certainly the only rival for Crouch in the role of a forward who isn't a four-foot speed merchant. As for what McClaren has done to deserve the job, that's open to question, but his predecessor had won plenty of titles.

August: The Month Of Panic.
I think that is all we should be concerned about from our end, what dodgy shite he gets up to is up to him and the F.A to sort out. He did very well with the Euro 96 team were the team AND tactics looked spot on. I don't mind him being onboard at all.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:41 pm

daxter15 wrote:Mclaren will be gone in a year. The ginger Knobhead.
He's not ginger, we have denounced him

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Pennant for England, you heard it here first ;)

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:50 pm

blurred wrote:Pennant for England, you heard it here first ;)
Aye, because we wouldn't have heard it last season, eh? :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 pm

Full squad;

Goalkeepers:
Robinson (Tottenham), Kirkland (Liverpool), Foster (Man Utd).

Defenders:
Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Carragher (Liverpool), A Cole (Arsenal), Dawson (Tottenham), Ferdinand (Man Utd), G Neville (Man Utd), P Neville (Everton), Terry (capt, Chelsea), Young (Charlton).

Midfielders:
Downing (Middlesbrough), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Richardson (Man Utd), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea).

Strikers:
Ashton (West Ham), Bent (Charlton), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham).

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:27 pm

DOWNING???? I'm better than him! Get Nobby in that team McClaren ya useless ginger git!
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:29 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:DOWNING???? I'm better than him! Get Nobby in that team McClaren ya useless ginger git!
Aye, that famous left-winger Kevin Nolan.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:31 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:DOWNING???? I'm better than him! Get Nobby in that team McClaren ya useless ginger git!
Even out of position he's better than downing, Jenas, Neville (phil) and several others in that squad

Free the T-W two!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:36 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:
Even out of position he's better than downing, Jenas, Neville (phil) and several others in that squad
Playing players out of position is a stick that has been used to beat every England manager since Bobby Robson. If a non-Bolton non-leftwinger was stuck out there and didn't play well, McClaren would be derided on here. Joe Cole is injured, we need the option of playing someone wide left, Downing and Richardson are in the squad to see if they're up to it. Who would you play? Are you seriously telling me that Kevin Nolan is the best left-winger in England?

England have fifty million managers, only one of them on a salary.

(I also find it intriguing that he's twice been derided for beinng ginger. I'll be intrigued to see the reaction to England's first black manager).

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Maybe not the best left-winger but certainly better than Jenas and various others in the team. With McClaren having come from a 'less-fashionable' club do we reckon our Bolton-English lads might have a chance of a call up?

Free the T-W two!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:41 pm

Foster???????????????
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:53 pm

HP, I agree that Nobby's better than some in the squad - but I'm still waiting to hear your two left-wingers. Or should we not bother picking a balanced squad, as Eriksson didn't bother picking enough strikers?

Commie: Ben Foster is 23 and permanently on loan. I've never seen him but if he were that good, you imagine Purple Nose wouldn't have gone for Tomas Kusczsczsczczcsczczsczscak. But then, if he weren't in the squad, David James would. Again, name three better English keepers? I'm not saying you can't, I just can't be @rsed! :mrgreen:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:HP, I agree that Nobby's better than some in the squad - but I'm still waiting to hear your two left-wingers. Or should we not bother picking a balanced squad, as Eriksson didn't bother picking enough strikers?

Commie: Ben Foster is 23 and permanently on loan. I've never seen him but if he were that good, you imagine Purple Nose wouldn't have gone for Tomas Kusczsczsczczcsczczsczscak. But then, if he weren't in the squad, David James would. Again, name three better English keepers? I'm not saying you can't, I just can't be @rsed! :mrgreen:
me, bruce and Ian walker?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:Maybe not the best left-winger but certainly better than Jenas and various others in the team. With McClaren having come from a 'less-fashionable' club do we reckon our Bolton-English lads might have a chance of a call up?
Yes. Eriksson fetishised the top four/five and was derided for it. McClaren needs to be different, for his own sake and for ours, yet when he dips outside Big Clubs for yer Downings or Ashtons he immediately gets sh!t. As I say, 50 million managers, only one appointment.