NFL Football

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:34 pm

americantrotter wrote:good luck with that. The chargers will only choke when they get to the playoffs. (Marty's specialty)
Hey Marty and Manning must be realated :lol: Sorry I had to!

And oh AT look up the stats for Big Ben vs the Colts and Broncos in the playoffs :wink:

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:13 pm

Is that Brunell being dragged behind the AT barn I spy.....
When you've dealt with him can you make room for Bledsoe in the shallow grave?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Would love to. (I actually used to like Bledsoe till he became a cowboy)

Until Big Ben puts together an entire season and plays better than Average in a playoff game I'll continue to think he is overated.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm sure his tears at your harsh evaluation will simply add a gloss next time he decides to polish that championship ring
Harsh to judge him this year coming off Bike related stupidity and appendix op on about three weeka rest..

I'd take him over both our veteran talents right now..
Feck I'd have you at QB ahead of Drew the imovable object and sack test dummy.....
:mrgreen:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:04 pm

did you see MNF ? holy christ !!!!!! reminded me of a SNF or MNF game from a few seasons ago (may have been 49ers verses [somebody] and team A was about 34 points to zip up at half time so i thought , 'pff theyve won' and i went to sleep , i woke up the next day and team B won by a point .. it's bugging me that i cannot remember what/who it was....

last nights was proper similar , 'cept you could kinda tell ....

scott player's old school face mask was ace too .. 8)

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:49 pm

You may be thinking of that Giants Niners playoff game. The ref's stole that from New York.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:58 pm

americantrotter wrote:You may be thinking of that Giants Niners playoff game. The ref's stole that from New York.
:roll:

So AT you'd take Paymeaton Manning to light it up in the regular season and then choke in the playoffs?

Brady doesn't light it up in the regular season neither does Big Ben but Manning does.

I know which one I'd take.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:19 pm

Ummm where did I say that?

You want my top QB's?

I think it's Brady and then a whole lot of decent QB's with a bit of dreck at the bottom. McNabb and Palmer are standouts, but when the chips are down only Brady has shown anything the past 5 years consistently.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:20 pm

i dont get this , especially the quoted bit ...

manning's good - is it that people think he's a bighead ? and really he's ok? ,

brady has a superman like power of passing the ball at the last moment and it "completing" ...

i'm no [big name coach] but i'd tek either of these over alex smith anydays

on that game i cant remember wikipedia sez -

nyg vs niners
The teams had another classic match at Candlestick Park in the first round of the 2002-03 NFL Playoffs. Despite an inconsistent season, the Niners had made it to the playoffs by winning the NFC West, but the wild-card Giants were favored to win, and after taking a 38-14 lead deep into the 3rd quarter, it looked like the oddsmakers were right. But the Giants defense, which had been highly ranked all year, began to collapse, and with 2 quick touchdowns and 2 successful 2-point conversions, followed by a field goal, the Giants lead was suddenly down to 38-33. With 1 minute left to play, Jeff Garcia hit Tai Streets for a 13 yard touchdown pass to take a 39-38 lead. Giants QB Kerry Collins led a furious drive to put the Giants at the Niners 23 yard line with 6 seconds left for a shot at a game-winning field goal. After a botched snap, holder Matt Allen attempted a desperate pass down the field, which fell incomplete but should have resulted in an obvious pass interference call on the Niners Chike Okeafor, who tackled Rich Seubert while the pass was in the air. Instead, the Giants were flagged for having an ineligible receiver downfield, a call which was later acknowledged by the NFL to be incorrect.[3] The flag resulted in the end of the game, a bitter defeat for the Giants, and for the Niners, the second biggest comeback victory (24 points) in NFL playoff history.

sounds right , the timeframe is right .. thanks, its bugged me for ages ... isnt that one of them games you hope both lose? coz both teams are like the manutds arsenals of gridiron ??..

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:07 pm

yes, I wanted the Niners to lose more, and the crap ref pissed me off.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:36 am

a1 wrote:i dont get this , especially the quoted bit ...

manning's good - is it that people think he's a bighead ? and really he's ok? ,

brady has a superman like power of passing the ball at the last moment and it "completing" ...

i'm no [big name coach] but i'd tek either of these over alex smith anydays
Gee well I never :roll: Guess what I would to!

So Alex Smith has been in the leauge what less that two years and he's only 21, he hasn't really had any targets to throw to except for Antonio Bryant this year of course you would take a Big Ben or a Brady over him its just common sense!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:50 pm

they cud play trent dilfer instead ...

wasnt arron rodgers in the same draft as smith? they couldve had him, maybe ... tho, you cant tell who'll be best.. eg, ryan leaf was shite ... that 2005 draft has about 2 qbs in total, 'kin goldust ...

that sf49 team need more than just some wide recievers..

maybe they'll 'win' the 'race' to draft brady quinn? altho, oakland are trying their best ...

:|

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:58 pm

I felt bad for the niners in that draft. It sucked.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:46 pm

a1 wrote:they cud play trent dilfer instead ...

wasnt arron rodgers in the same draft as smith? they couldve had him, maybe ... tho, you cant tell who'll be best.. eg, ryan leaf was shite ... that 2005 draft has about 2 qbs in total, 'kin goldust ...

that sf49 team need more than just some wide recievers..

maybe they'll 'win' the 'race' to draft brady quinn? altho, oakland are trying their best ...

:|
Yes Aron Rodgers was in the same draft.

But A.Smith impressec our scouts ALOT more than Rodgers so they picked Smith.

And If you actaully payed some attention to the draft and the NFL you would realize we only need a #2 WR to make our offense absolutley complete, as we have A.Smith at QB, Frank Gore at RB, V.Davis and Eric Johnson at TE and Antonio Bryant at WR and we have a very solid O-Line.

It's on the defensive side pof the ball we need help!

We need a preety much a whole new secondary except for one CB we need another outside LBer and a few D-Lineman...so thats our mission this off season build a Frggin Defense!

And as to the Brady Quinn comment..why whould we draft him when we have Alex Smith who is showing what he can really do in the NFl, and Brady Quinn buckles under pressure and hasn't been as good as he was last year under Charlie Weis.

49ers offense fine our defense CRAP!

We will be pick around 15th I would think.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:29 pm

am only messing (mostly) ..

isnt tony korn(ball)hiser crap ? even joe 'norman einstein' tiesmann rips holes in him without trying... his jokes dont land..

booooo!!! i'm watching gridiron , not comedy store rejects ...

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:54 pm

americantrotter wrote:I felt bad for the niners in that draft. It sucked.
Why did you feel sorry for us?

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 pm

Because that draft was terrible for talent and you had 1st pick. The niners will rarely draft that high, and yet when they did there was crap to pick from.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:04 pm

americantrotter wrote:Because that draft was terrible for talent and you had 1st pick. The niners will rarely draft that high, and yet when they did there was crap to pick from.
Well the pick isn't looking to bad is it? :wink:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:33 pm

No, not really. It was just a shame there were no dynamic playmakers available.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:06 pm

What i dont get about NFl is wy does it take like 4 hours to play a 1 hour of whatever game.