NFL Football

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:29 pm

Yes it was. Put up or shut up again for the Skins on Sunday. I think we can take the Eagles, but we can also lose to anyone too. Maybe Brunell will remember how to throw after 3 or 5 steps.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:38 pm

I think the Cowboys will win the division.

The Eagles seem to be rather two faced..they eitehr turn up and are great or they turn up and suck!

The Giants are getting hit by the injury bug.

And the Redskins are the Redskins :mrgreen:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:42 pm

That sounds like me when I envision Bolton finishing top 3. :D

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Haha. :crazy: :D

So whats happend to the Steelers :shock:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:48 pm

I never liked them to begin with. However I'll leave Ben alone this time as he has been unhealthy.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:52 pm

The Hines Ward fumble just summed up the Steelers season so far.

So close but yet so far!

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:55 pm

This thread has died down a bit!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:23 pm

Little Campo wrote:This thread has died down a bit!
there's 3 games tonite ..

currently the lions are losing , but that happens every week..

erm, a lot of people on most teams seem to be injured, makes bolton look like cocoon 2 ..

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:04 am

This is the time of year the playoff contenders really pan out.

It all depends on who stays healthy and has the best depth.

Little Campo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Little Campo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Bump.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:01 pm

Well I got what I wanted. Jason Campbell gets experience, but it means that the season is a virtual lock to end at or below .500.

notlob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Rothlisberger

Post by notlob » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:50 pm

Someone mentioned the Steelers previously and asked why they are sucking, and the answer is of course that their vaunted QB is I think showing his true stripes. He's a very average QB who has been blessed with above average receivers. I have felt that ever since I saw him first play. People claim that he's just a winner, and I say that sort of thing only goes so far, and is usually just a way of saying "I don't have an argument". At any rate, Ben has found a way to prove to everyone this year that he is a "loser". Interceptions have always been his Achilles heel, and this year, it's become what a friend of mine used to call, his Achilles torso.

Part of this animus is no doubt due to my status as a Seahawks fan, and the fact that the Steelers led by that puke Rothlisberger, managed to eek out a Superbowl victory that they deserved only in the most technical sense. Hines Ward was a god in that game and probably the most deserving MVP I can remember.

By the way, I flat out love the fact that the Seahawks are bucking the trend of superbowl losers having horrible follow on seasons. It's been rocky this year, no doubt, but they will win their division and get to 10 victories. Not bad when last year's league MVP and their top flight QB have been injured for good parts of the season.

Go Seahawks!
"Football, a game in which everyone gets hurt and every nation has its own style of play which seems unfair to foreigners" -- G. Orwell

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Rothlisberger

Post by americantrotter » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:21 pm

notlob wrote:Someone mentioned the Steelers previously and asked why they are sucking, and the answer is of course that their vaunted QB is I think showing his true stripes. He's a very average QB who has been blessed with above average receivers. I have felt that ever since I saw him first play. People claim that he's just a winner, and I say that sort of thing only goes so far, and is usually just a way of saying "I don't have an argument". At any rate, Ben has found a way to prove to everyone this year that he is a "loser". Interceptions have always been his Achilles heel, and this year, it's become what a friend of mine used to call, his Achilles torso.
Amen brother. Big Ben is overated and has been riding a talented team his brief career. He sucks in the big games. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a tough year this year due to health, but he wont let me down by being mediocre next season as well.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Rothlisberger

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:41 pm

he was kinda ace before he broke his face [!?!] its down to that , like he's frightened of being tackled/hit/doing owt wrong ..

he's still in the team tho.. but big ben is a qb so he'll be ok for a while (unless that charlie batch does a tom brady)..

i cant see why people have this hate on for him though .. he's alright .. theres miles more arseholes that play gridiron above him ..

oh, what about that 'the tackle' after jerome bettis ballzed up ? he rescued them there.. that was a big game..

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:03 pm

He's a QB! His claim to fame shouldnt be a tackle, a motorcycle crash, and have the worst winning oerformance ever in a Super Bowl.

I live in New England, we dont dislike him because he's an a-hole we dislike him because he's overhyped and simply not that good.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:51 pm

they shoulda let him rest for 4-6 games ..

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:47 pm

Probably, but I cant wait for next year. (mainly because the Redskins might be relevant, but also because I think that Big ben will eventually get exposed as a game manager and not a big time QB)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:14 pm

can any infonacks help me out...

i am trying to remember the name of an old college coach (at least before 1950, possibly 1910-1930s) who was a winningest coach at the time ... he was a advocate of the forward pass .. and i think his team had the largest victory scoreline in football (something like 154-0) at the time ..

if he played the game it was only for 2 years or so

he mightve been born in the late 1800s

i think he worked for 2 colleges/universities/whatever theyre called (one for ages , one for a couple of seasons) ..

a rival coach moaned about his team once saying something like " all he ever does is use passing plays on every down " (presumably exagerating it sarcastically) so when his team played this rival team, he only used running plays - taking the piss , and they still won ... (this is the bit i remember most , coz i laughed at it, i might have running and passing the wrong way round tho)

i remember reading his page on wikipedia and going "awesome!"

i dont think it was walter camp , although , i might be getting some bits mixed up ...

if anybody knows any names or owt or remembers or knows who it is, its bin bugging me for ages , thank you ...

[EDIT]

it might be john heismann ... (just looked and it is) thanks anyway ...

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:27 pm

damn it I knew it was Heisman!

should have waited and let me be proud of something! :D

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:47 pm

americantrotter wrote:damn it I knew it was Heisman!

should have waited and let me be proud of something! :D
oops ... i was looking for this, really -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Te ... nd%2C_1916

and no amount of typing in various versions of "biggest victory ever in college football" into google would give me the answer , i was getting ohio buckeyes verses Oberlin College (nearly right) , austrailian rules , east european football (soccer) results , other mad stuff ..
Mostimes with that google , you have to know the answer before you find the page you want , which is the opposite to how it should work..

only found anywhere like an answer with a reference to "running up the score" on about the 13th page and even then i had to look more ..
:whack:

thanks!

... i was about 70 out on the scoreline ... :shock: