Best laid plans....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Best laid plans....

Post by Gertie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:24 pm

I met up with a friend toda who I haven’t seen in years and years, at the time she and I worked together and she was supporting her fella who played guitar in a band and was spending all his time doing gigs, and a few part-time jobs. I remember thinking at the time that he was on a good one with my friend supporting him whilst he followed his dream.

Anyways, we caught up on what had happened in the 5 years since I last saw her, time flies when you are having fun…. She’s still with her fella, they’re in the middle of buying their first house together now. But, he’s dropped the band and is now just about qualified as a train driver.

He really enjoys the job, and thinking about it... to me it sounds great. Locked in your cabin so members of the public can’t get you, having the different surroundings of the Northwest whizzing past your window all day, not being tied to a desk and a computer, and very good rates of pay. I’m thinking of applying too, only I’m worried about my really poor parking skills, do trains have to reverse….

Anyways we were chatting about how things work out, I never ever imagined I’d be in the job I have, I had all kinds of dreams and ambitions of sophisticated occupations, like a ballet dancer or an air hostess (it looked very glamorous to me!!!) I harboured dreams of living in New Zealand as my dad worked there for 6 months when I was 10 and I thought it was an amazing country. Unfortunately, I haven’t been back in all this time…. :(

I guess most boys dream of being football players – but has anyone, apart from Nicky Hunt, ended up living their dream??

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:38 pm

Mich Caine? 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:15 pm

I'm hoping to... once I've done my MA next up is hopefully PhD and then... a lecturing/writing career.

In the meantime, here is the test card and some music

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:45 pm

not really

always fancied commentating (when i realised how bad i was at footie) and even got to sit with alan fullelove and wilf mcguiness (alright for a scummer) at burnden in the commentry box once. too hard to do, plus my english is abysmal. so now working in town planning, which is ok, my new ambition is to have a tower block named after me!!

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JAM » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:56 pm

I realised at the age of 7 I was kack at footie when playing for my school I got put in net and the fat kid played at right back.

I always wanted to be a pilot and would have joined the RAF had I not met the now Mrs. JAM. Two kids later and the RAF has gone for a Burton.

I'm now a special needs teacher (kids with special needs not me). If you'd told me when I was at school that I would be a teacher I'd have either laughed or cried.

Thinking of moving the family down to Cornwall for a more relaxed pace to life. Maybe it's easier to fullfil your dreams when you're a bit older, slightly wiser and they involve things you know you can do.
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

white blood
Promising
Promising

Post by white blood » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:02 pm

I always wanted to be in the A-Team, but that didnt happen.

might seem strange to some but i have always been a desk jocky, so I fancy being a long distance Lorry driver, sitting back, listenening to the radio for hours on end, dining at little chefs, and seeing lots of new places. also i have a mate who did it for a bit and he said there are loads of occasions where they are invited to partake in dogging or asked to shag a blokes missus while he watched, or even the odd randy singleton simply after a bit of cock!! some even pay! not that id be interested in any of that palava, besides sometimes they cosh you while your on the job and rob you blind - If not an artic driver then a delivery van driver or a courier, always on the move, meeting new people, and seeing new places all the time.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:18 pm

JAM wrote:I'm now a special needs teacher (kids with special needs not me).
:lol:

Ever since i've been on the internet I've wanted to be a web developer, and now I am!

I'm happy I got the job I wanted, but it would be awesome to get out the office like Gertie said. There are just some times where I get sick of computers.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:23 pm

Well I'm back to the 'needing a job' stage - and I forgot how much I hate trying to find a decent job! I've been lucky enough to work in a field that I am personally interested in, but it's a bugger to a get a career in that's for sure...and there is no money in it (Zoology) :evil: - perhaps I should become an IT consultant or something?!!! :|

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:33 pm

I'm really lucky in that I've always wanted to work as some kind of writer and/or in music in some capacity.

Now I'm a paid DJ, a full time writer and editor (which sees me spouting off about football, music and telly...)

I feel really lucky, but I've grafted for it.
Viva La Portable Radio!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:57 pm

mofgimmers wrote:I'm really lucky in that I've always wanted to work as some kind of writer and/or in music in some capacity.

Now I'm a paid DJ, a full time writer and editor (which sees me spouting off about football, music and telly...)

I feel really lucky, but I've grafted for it.
I'll back that up - I wanted to write/make magazines about football, and I do. I haven't got a pot to p!ss in and I barely see my kids for one week a month, but to answer the question, yes I'm living the dream of the young Dave Sutton's cowlick.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:59 pm

The fact that I am not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:17 pm

Always wanted to play for the Wanderers, The Redskins, The Braves/Red Sox, or the University of Virginia. Shame I have no real amount of athletic talent.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:50 pm

i have allways wanted to be in SO19 but when me & my m8s & there Dads went to the range i missed everytime but im a pretty good shot with the sniper

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:50 pm

I always wanted to be a stuntman, Lee Majors was my hero :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:35 pm

I just want to die...
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:49 pm

Hoolio wrote:I just want to die...
Can't be easy being a Sunderland fan.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:55 pm

cophilie wrote:
Hoolio wrote:I just want to die...
Can't be easy being a Sunderland fan.
Surprisingly, thats the only good thing in my life...
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:55 pm

poor bastard :shock:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:02 pm

Ever thought of going on the stage, Gertie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5339380.stm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:32 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Ever thought of going on the stage, Gertie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5339380.stm
"Lord of the Rings-The Musical". Is nothing sacred? What the hell do they need a musical of a classic book that's already been a smash-hit film? Oh, I'm sure it will produce some good songs, these things always do, but why the need? No doubt some entrepeneur somewhere is already lining up "Harry Potter-The Musical" and "Tomb Raiders-The Musical". Bet old Tokien's whizzing round in his crypt at the very thought.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?