Daddly-Long Legs

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Daddly-Long Legs

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:50 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5386164.stm

there's an explosion of the little bastards.

It says here that " their average life-span is around 2 weeks ..." ... well, not at my house, it isn't !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:55 pm

Millions of the bastards around here. (I thought the thread was going to be about Peter Crouch when I first saw the title!)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:10 pm

Wife is utterly paranoid about daddy L's (one of the kids emptied a jam jar full of them on her face when she was asleep)
years ago). Half of my evening at the moment is hearing shrieks and chasing the little b.s around. Aparently, a plague of spiders is hot on their heels. Great news. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:31 pm

I'm officially leaving the country.

:( :( :(

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:35 pm

My cat loves 'em. I catch them and bounce them off the wall (which stuns them temporarily) then my cat pounces and eats them.

She did twelve the other evening! :twisted:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Spiders (the large variety, sort of a golf ball with legs) are amazingly fast. Here's how to catch em:

Drop a tumbler over the little b's, whether on the floor or a wall, and then slide a beer mate gently underneath it. Then take it outside and drop it over the fence into your least favourite neighbour's garden. Problem solved... :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Spiders (the large variety, sort of a golf ball with legs) are amazingly fast. Here's how to catch em:

Drop a tumbler over the little b's, whether on the floor or a wall, and then slide a beer mate gently underneath it. Then take it outside and drop it over the fence into your least favourite neighbour's garden. Problem solved... :mrgreen:
House spiders have a homing sytem and are capable of finfding their way back from over a mile away.

Embrace the Octo-peds!

It's them six legged disease carrying bastards you wanna worry about. Spiders are extremely helpful housemates and in no way dangerous.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:00 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Spiders (the large variety, sort of a golf ball with legs) are amazingly fast. Here's how to catch em:

House spiders have a homing sytem and are capable of finfding their way back from over a mile away.

Embrace the Octo-peds!

It's them six legged disease carrying bastards you wanna worry about. Spiders are extremely helpful housemates and in no way dangerous.
I'm an extremely helpful housemate and in no way dangerous but you still wouldn't want me letting myself into your house uninvited and then climbing up the walls would you?
Businesswoman of the year.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:54 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:

Embrace the Octo-peds!

That may be OK in the UK but you try telling that to someone who has sat on a Redback Spider on the loo, and lived to tell the tail. They, and the White Back, are related to the Black Widow spider and can make you very ill, Funnel Web spiders are even worse, almost deadly.

Now the Huntsman spider, about the size of the palm of your hand is very friendly and keeps even the cockroaches down! But my wife freaks out when she sees one emerge from behind a painting and start to walk down the wall on its way for its dinner.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:00 pm

Sat down for lunch with clients yesterday and no sooner did the food arrive than our secluded bit became festooned with houseflys (a good 20 or so). A colleague complained to the bartender/waiter who's response was "yeah, I know. Happens quite often".

The place to avoid is The Stamford Arms, Bowden, Cheshire, should you be down that way.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:23 pm

There were millions around our halls of residence...but once it got competetive who could kill the most they disappeared within a few days. Not seen one since
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:50 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:There were millions around our halls of residence...but once it got competetive who could kill the most they disappeared within a few days. Not seen one since
I believe this same process works with Stretford fans.

Go on, give it a try. You know it makes sense.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Sat down for lunch with clients yesterday and no sooner did the food arrive than our secluded bit became festooned with houseflys (a good 20 or so). "
You see, that's the kind of situation where a flypaper tie comes in handy. Looks smart and yet is thoroughly practical.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:20 pm

FaninOz wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:

Embrace the Octo-peds!

That may be OK in the UK but you try telling that to someone who has sat on a Redback Spider on the loo, and lived to tell the tail. They, and the White Back, are related to the Black Widow spider and can make you very ill, Funnel Web spiders are even worse, almost deadly.

Now the Huntsman spider, about the size of the palm of your hand is very friendly and keeps even the cockroaches down! But my wife freaks out when she sees one emerge from behind a painting and start to walk down the wall on its way for its dinner.
One reason why you will never see me in Austrialia!! :shock:

As for Daddy long legs, does anyone have that clip from Ricky Gervais's 'Animals' about them. Hilarious :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:27 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:My cat loves 'em. I catch them and bounce them off the wall (which stuns them temporarily) then my cat pounces and eats them.

She did twelve the other evening! :twisted:
my cat used to do that :)

was amusing when i was camping at silverstone a couple of weekends ago, the tent was filled with em, and i was there trying to catch them and get them out without letting more in. quite difficult, but after i while i did it! :pissed:
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:28 pm

FaninOz wrote:
We know what happens when we yell FIRE in a crowded theatre. I gather much the same result can be obtained with a room of Australians by yelling "Redback on the Dunny Seat".
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:48 pm

weve been getting dam fruit flies everywhere recently

lil bastids :evil:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:06 pm

well you will live in an apple tree cowdrill
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:19 pm

that does seem to be the core of the problem

:?
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:21 pm

another pithy response
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house