Croatia

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:31 pm

Arrogant quote of the week. Lampard sais, "Every England player must stand up and be counted."
Now correct me if I'm wrong but that has to come from the most over-rated player since Gascoine. Arrogant quote of the day. Gravedigger says, "Are you listening et all.....You're boys got a bloody good hiding tonight." 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:36 pm

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:02 pm

every word agreed (nor least the "myth of Carrick")...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 pm

Oh dire, oh dire, oh dire.

Never in the field of human conquest etc etc etc. What a load of bollox. Ferdinand pissing about on the LEFT WING!! Tell me now that this plodding, sweating plonker is the best we can do for a central defender. Robinson, despite his Coco the clown goal, was man of the match. Out-played, out-thought and given the run around by a fitter, faster and far more skilful team.
Rooney at least tried (on the few occasions we had the ball, that is) but got no service, Crouch was non-existent and the game was crying out for a SWP or a Joe Cole. An utterly cringeworthy display that disgraced the England shirt. Let's see any of them venture excuses. We couldn't even create a smell from goal line to their box.

The first goal was a masterpiece of blunderland defending; one player against five defenders and Robinson in no-man's land. The second (hides head in shame) was too bad to comment on. Clueless in midfield, desperate in defence and totally
outnumbered up front. All credit to Croatia who played with pride, passion and skill. I don't blame McLaren; these are the Premiership's highest paid superstars, and I'd sooner have seen Gertie's netball team out there. Let's face it, we were humiliated and there should be a lot of red faces in our dressing room. The only thing right was the result. Anything else would have been a travesty of justice and would just serve to hide the fact that we aren't good enough.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:43 pm

two words TD "bloody good shout lad" What we needed was some experience and passion in the midfield, someone who can rally the troops but create aswell... that man is David Beckham, whats the poin of having a big lad up top if you arent going to send in crosses from the byline? whenever th wide men got forward BANG the Croats murdered us in the tackle and breaking down play and hit the channels, we had no answer to any if it, I dont thin ghe players knew if it was meant to be
5-3-2 or 3-5-2, actually saying that, I dont think Macca did either

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:53 pm

Is this the same Croatia that even Australia held to a 2-2 draw in the W.C.?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:54 pm

:whack:

Just kiddin ya liddle mongrel

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:02 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:In a game like that, there was no way SKD could done a better job then Rooney, no way what so ever!! And what was SWP and Richardson doing trying to take the game the Croatia in the last third? Davies would have been truly lost with them either side of him.

Nope, we were much better of with Rooney believing he is much better then he actually is because the press/media and pundits say's so. And Cashlia Cole was much better off gaining the ball, making a wanky pass to the touchline, and then suddenly remembering to limp.

MClean must be soooo gutted that Downing didn't play, because that would (of course) have made all the difference and given him the option of playing a different dimension (that would be the average left sided, no impact dimension).

Yep a truly wonderful performance full of a defensive display by 'no one makes me look silly all night’ Ferdinand, and 'I never miss a ball altogether or pass straight to the opposition' Terry. Solidified with 'oh shit I fxcked up, mmm better limp now' Cole.

Well done fellas, you have made your Premiership managers proud with that training session. Not risking any silly fatigue injury playing for some silly old flag!!

Damn I'm proud.

The problem is....England Player is now a job for life. The likes of Fat Frank, Shrek and Coke-head know that no matter how bad they play they'll still get picked. They don't fight for the shirt 'cos they don't have to....there's always next time eh Frank?...you fat useless bastard....
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:26 am

His honeymoon with the British public is now over, the only way for McClaren is now down unless he makes radical changes to his approach to his team selections and tactics.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:59 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:In a game like that, there was no way SKD could done a better job then Rooney, no way what so ever!! And what was SWP and Richardson doing trying to take the game the Croatia in the last third? Davies would have been truly lost with them either side of him.

Nope, we were much better of with Rooney believing he is much better then he actually is because the press/media and pundits say's so. And Cashlia Cole was much better off gaining the ball, making a wanky pass to the touchline, and then suddenly remembering to limp.

MClean must be soooo gutted that Downing didn't play, because that would (of course) have made all the difference and given him the option of playing a different dimension (that would be the average left sided, no impact dimension).

Yep a truly wonderful performance full of a defensive display by 'no one makes me look silly all night’ Ferdinand, and 'I never miss a ball altogether or pass straight to the opposition' Terry. Solidified with 'oh shit I fxcked up, mmm better limp now' Cole.

Well done fellas, you have made your Premiership managers proud with that training session. Not risking any silly fatigue injury playing for some silly old flag!!

Damn I'm proud.

Agree with everything, even including your comments re: Davies. However, replace Davies with Nolan. For the first time ever, I saw an England display that I thought we would never win (I thought we would draw). We needed someone to cover every blade, and for me, that person was a certain Kevin Nolan. He would have done 200,000 times the job Lampard did, and all my mates agree. We need someone to die for the shirt, we need our new Platt, Gazza, Ince....step forward Kevin Nolan (never thought I'd say that). If McLaren had any balls he would get the "fringe" players in. People like Shaun Wright Phillips and Keiron Richardson. Will he do it? Will he f**k. The media picks this side, sadly.

For the first time ever:

NOLAN FOR ENGLAND
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:54 am

Dujon wrote:Is this the same Croatia that even Australia held to a 2-2 draw in the W.C.?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, with your team full of Croats. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:52 am

Just very frustrating... Has 3-5-2 ever worked. This formation failed 10 years ago, why all of a sudden is it our best option?

Plus, the changes England were making weren't the best kept secret... The Croatians' had all the time in the world to think about how to break England down playing this formation. I was obvious from the start that they'd done their homework. A number of times they played simple balls, into the space left between the full back and the centre-half, that lead to the early chances.

Also, I thought the idea of playing 3 in the middle was to make 2 sit allowing Lampard the freedom to move forward. What I witnessed was 3 supposed quality midfielders looking ineffective and panicky; smacking the ball long at every opportunity. Lampard might as well have not been on the pitch.

Henrik's fan club is right... We need to get back to basic and get players fighting for their shirts, not pussyfoot around them wondering if dropping 'a star' might hurt their feelings.

Lampard? Not playing well? Out. Nolan, here's your chance.
Cole? Struggling a bit? Out. Neville/Bridge, lace your boots.
Terry? Failing to get any passion out of the team, at fault for the first goal? Out. King, you're in.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:30 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:

Damn I'm proud.

The problem is....England Player is now a job for life. The likes of Fat Frank, Shrek and Coke-head know that no matter how bad they play they'll still get picked. They don't fight for the shirt 'cos they don't have to....there's always next time eh Frank?...you fat useless bastard....

They have a saying with the Australian cricket team ... "It's easier to get in it, than it is to get out of it".

Looks like the same could be said for the English football team. What will it take for these automatic selections to be dropped ?!
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:37 pm

At least they were comfortable wth the formation!!!????!!!!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... omfortable

What a load of shit! They were crap who gives a toss if they were comfy!! Lampard deserves dropping with coming out with such shit!! I'm angry now!!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:42 pm

This lardy lad is completely disgracing himself with some more than silly comments in the past week, firstly maoning about how he isnt confident without 2 midfielder behind him - YOU'RE A FECKIN CENTRAL MIDFIELDER!!! - and now this.

Fat t*sser

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:55 pm

Anyway, I won the sweep at work for corectly naming Da Silva as being the first goalscorer, so nerr! :mrgreen:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:08 pm

It could be worse guys, you could be Spanish :hang:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:14 pm

Shame fat franks not Spanish. Or suffering from a career threatning injury or something.

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:21 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:At least they were comfortable wth the formation!!!????!!!!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... omfortable

What a load of shit! They were crap who gives a toss if they were comfy!! Lampard deserves dropping with coming out with such shit!! I'm angry now!!
What is that pie boy talking about? I think he's still in 'Lamp World' where he's the best player in the world and magic faires are his best friends...

When were we controlling the game and creating chances? The only shot on goal was in the 93rd minute, and the best chance, that Rooney hit over, came from a long ball and flick on... Other than that, their defence didn't look troubled.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Oh dire, oh dire, oh dire.

Never in the field of human conquest etc etc etc. What a load of bollox. Ferdinand pissing about on the LEFT WING!! Tell me now that this plodding, sweating plonker is the best we can do for a central defender. Robinson, despite his Coco the clown goal, was man of the match. Out-played, out-thought and given the run around by a fitter, faster and far more skilful team.
Rooney at least tried (on the few occasions we had the ball, that is) but got no service, Crouch was non-existent and the game was crying out for a SWP or a Joe Cole. An utterly cringeworthy display that disgraced the England shirt. Let's see any of them venture excuses. We couldn't even create a smell from goal line to their box.

The first goal was a masterpiece of blunderland defending; one player against five defenders and Robinson in no-man's land. The second (hides head in shame) was too bad to comment on. Clueless in midfield, desperate in defence and totally
outnumbered up front. All credit to Croatia who played with pride, passion and skill. I don't blame McLaren; these are the Premiership's highest paid superstars, and I'd sooner have seen Gertie's netball team out there. Let's face it, we were humiliated and there should be a lot of red faces in our dressing room. The only thing right was the result. Anything else would have been a travesty of justice and would just serve to hide the fact that we aren't good enough.
Monday nights Tango :)

Won our first match in the bottom division 28-8 so we're already better than England!!!! ;)