Anyone work in insurance?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plodder
Promising
Promising

Anyone work in insurance?

Post by plodder » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:29 am

I hate you you cheating theaving bustards!!!!!!

Car insurance gone up again.......

Have we had a crash? No.
Have we got a different car? No.
Have we changed address? No.

Cheating, thieving, lying, horrible evil people!

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:31 am

switch to someone else then?????????

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:33 am

http://www.confused.com

Does it for you. Its saved me a fortune over the last few years.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:52 am

Health insurance so does that mean I'm ok??
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Re: Anyone work in insurance?

Post by Loyal White » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:35 am

plodder wrote:I hate you you cheating theaving bustards!!!!!!

Have we had a crash? No.

I worked for one of the larger insurance companies for a while as an underwriter. I got told to add a certain figure on each policy no matter what happened.

Who you with?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:35 am

Have we had a crash? No.

My best friend :wink2: works for an insurance company. I can tell you that in the first 6 months of this year my company sorry his company was paying out £121 in motor claims for every £100 taken in premiums.

Now I am no professor in maths but even I can tell something has to change. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of really crappy drivers out there who are pushing the premiums up for everyone.

Don't blame the insurance companies blame the drivers who wrongly claim for whiplash or burn out their cars because they can't afford to repair it. Blame the small minority of people who smash into each other to sue for massive disability claims when there is nothing wrong. Blame boy racers. Blame it on people who wear baseball caps who's brains are removed when they pay for them at the checkout. Blame old people who wear driving gloves and hats who can't see passed the bonnet of their car. Blame rubbish women drivers who smash into the back of me because I had to do an emergency stop due to another woman pulling out in front of me. Blame it on joyriders who think it is great fun to steal someones car and smash it up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am

malcd1 wrote: Don't blame the insurance companies blame the drivers who wrongly claim for whiplash or burn out their cars because they can't afford to repair it. Blame the small minority of people who smash into each other to sue for massive disability claims when there is nothing wrong. Blame boy racers. Blame it on people who wear baseball caps who's brains are removed when they pay for them at the checkout. Blame old people who wear driving gloves and hats who can't see passed the bonnet of their car. Blame rubbish women drivers who smash into the back of me because I had to do an emergency stop due to another woman pulling out in front of me. Blame it on joyriders who think it is great fun to steal someones car and smash it up.
Gooo on, Malcy...

Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fecking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fecked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves.

:D
May the bridges I burn light your way

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:36 pm

Loyal White wrote:

Have we had a crash? No.

I worked for one of the larger insurance companies for a while as an underwriter. I got told to add a certain figure on each policy no matter what happened.

Who you with?
Been with First Alternative for years.......no more though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:12 pm

[quote="malcd1"] Blame old people who wear driving gloves and hats who can't see passed the bonnet of their car.[/b] [quote]

Thus speaketh a young man. Same people could be your parents/grandparents who drive safely all their lives only to be at the mercy of tailgating cut up merchants who drive like dodgem drivers and bully the elderly because they won't get come-backs. Ah well, those same old people will be you one day. Maybe you'll have a re-think then.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thus speaketh a young man. Same people could be your parents/grandparents who drive safely all their lives only to be at the mercy of tailgating cut up merchants who drive like dodgem drivers and bully the elderly because they won't get come-backs. Ah well, those same old people will be you one day. Maybe you'll have a re-think then. Now where did I put my driving gloves?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:12 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:http://www.confused.com

I wouldn't use them because of the advert alone. Who doesn't want to stick a pickaxe through that guy?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:15 pm

ratbert wrote:

I wouldn't use them because of the advert alone. Who doesn't want to stick a pickaxe through that guy?
Aye but the site is very good at finding the cheapest insurance. Its been around for a long time before that advert came out.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:41 pm

The thing with insurance is that it's a weighted pot and the premiums are based on a constantly moving buiness model, this looks at a particular balance of risk depending on the company. This balance, and consequnetly the premium level, depend on the number and size of claims being made but also the numbers of customers in various risk categories. So if lots of claims have been paid premiums go up across the board - if someone pays £1000 per year car insurance premium on a £7k car and it's a total write off, they've got £6k to find from elsewhere - i.e. you.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:48 pm

Go for the sex change op and benefit from cheaper car insurance. The evidence shows that we're more careful drivers....

Although I once hit 2 parked cars when I was 18 :oops: :oops:

Anyways to cheer you up, and annoy that crazy boy... I happened across Sheila's Wheels

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6_1FTxt5c0[/youtube]

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:54 pm

No-one should be able to drive til they are at least 25. At least then they make have some common sense, instead of yuppie boyracer cocknockers, in cars too big to even bloody indicate when they turn there f-ckin Jeeps.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:28 pm

communistworkethic wrote:The thing with insurance is that it's a weighted pot and the premiums are based on a constantly moving buiness model, this looks at a particular balance of risk depending on the company. This balance, and consequnetly the premium level, depend on the number and size of claims being made but also the numbers of customers in various risk categories. So if lots of claims have been paid premiums go up across the board - if someone pays £1000 per year car insurance premium on a £7k car and it's a total write off, they've got £6k to find from elsewhere - i.e. you.
Don't mean I have to be happy about it.

Insurance went up from £179 to £238.......... the thieving bastards.

However Elephant came through nice with £183

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:26 pm

pludder will need Diamond becuz you know he is a bit of a ...
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:50 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:

pludder will need Diamond becuz you know he is a bit of a ...
Wine gums???

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:21 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote: Don't blame the insurance companies blame the drivers who wrongly claim for whiplash or burn out their cars because they can't afford to repair it. Blame the small minority of people who smash into each other to sue for massive disability claims when there is nothing wrong. Blame boy racers. Blame it on people who wear baseball caps who's brains are removed when they pay for them at the checkout. Blame old people who wear driving gloves and hats who can't see passed the bonnet of their car. Blame rubbish women drivers who smash into the back of me because I had to do an emergency stop due to another woman pulling out in front of me. Blame it on joyriders who think it is great fun to steal someones car and smash it up.
Gooo on, Malcy...

Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fecking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fecked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves.

:D
Choose your future, Choose The Whites :wink:
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:24 am

Batman wrote:No-one should be able to drive til they are at least 25. At least then they make have some common sense, instead of yuppie boyracer cocknockers, in cars too big to even bloody indicate when they turn there f-ckin Jeeps.
Excuse me? I'm an impeccable driver despite being only 18!
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!