Crap Birthdays

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Crap Birthdays

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:10 pm

What's your worst birthday memory? Any disaster parties, nightmarish nights out, or just rubbish presents?

This post not at all inspired by having to travel to the Isle of Man last night and be here overnight for mine today because I'm doing a two-day audit, oh no.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:13 pm

I remember my 18th, had it 2 days before the actual day. Im quite tall and always looked about 10 years older than actual so I never had problems from going out when I was 16 with not getting in etc. But on my 18th they ID'd me!! ha ha had to do the old shirtswop trick and go back later. So no major disaster. Not like yours.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Crap Birthdays

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:18 pm

blurred wrote:What's your worst birthday memory? Any disaster parties, nightmarish nights out, or just rubbish presents?

This post not at all inspired by having to travel to the Isle of Man last night and be here overnight for mine today because I'm doing a two-day audit, oh no.
Birthdays aren't that important except when you're kids. Got just the opposite for my 65th. Wife took me out for a meal and when we got there all my kids and grandkids were there at a big table with bunting and balloons. One of the few times in my life I was totally speechless. Magic. Felt like Don Corleone. :P
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Crap Birthdays

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
blurred wrote:What's your worst birthday memory? Any disaster parties, nightmarish nights out, or just rubbish presents?

Birthdays aren't that important except when you're kids. Got just the opposite for my 65th. Wife took me out for a meal and when we got their all my kids and grandkids were there at a big table with bunting and balloons. One of the few times in my life I was totally speechless. Magic. Felt like Don Corleone. :P
Bet you were speaking like him after a few bottle of the red stuff too eh?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:22 pm

I was about five I think, and my first school birthday party had ben planned with loads of friends. Imagine the excitement, then I got an abcess and had to g to the dentist and have atooth taken out - on my birthday an all!!

Party cancelled, and me and my hamster sat on our own!

It still hurts to this day!!!! :cry:
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:24 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:It still hurts to this day!!!! :cry:
Probably a crap dentist, I'd get that seen to.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:26 pm

blurred wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:It still hurts to this day!!!! :cry:
Probably a crap dentist, I'd get that seen to.
touche

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:42 pm

My 17th.

Plan was to go in the Crofters, then jump in a taxi and head to the Lion of Vienna before stumbling off to Hawthorns... Did not happen quite like that.

Mates decided to get me completely wankered. Had about 10 double vodka's in Crofters, went in Lion of Vienna absolutely smashed, had one pint, threw up outside and then walked head first into a wall because I couldn't walk properly and knocked myself out.

My mum came and picked me up at 11 o'clock *embarrassed*.

Couldn't eat for 2 days after that either.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:44 pm

Oh nearly forgot my 21st got in a fight with the bouncers at icon because of a knob head mate of mine from Reading. He's 5' 3'' or something but decideed after 8 or 9 stellas he was harder than the bouncers. The 20 man brawl that followed was swiftly over and liking our wounds we legged it to Hawthorns

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:55 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Oh nearly forgot my 21st got in a fight with the bouncers at icon because of a knob head mate of mine from Reading. He's 5' 3'' or something but decideed after 8 or 9 stellas he was harder than the bouncers. The 20 man brawl that followed was swiftly over and liking our wounds we legged it to Hawthorns
I assume you thought they'd make you fit in better in Hawthorns??
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:01 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:Oh nearly forgot my 21st got in a fight with the bouncers at icon because of a knob head mate of mine from Reading. He's 5' 3'' or something but decideed after 8 or 9 stellas he was harder than the bouncers. The 20 man brawl that followed was swiftly over and liking our wounds we legged it to Hawthorns
I assume you thought they'd make you fit in better in Hawthorns??
I meant licking, but we did fit in better anyway not chav enough for icon!! :mrgreen:

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Well next to no-one turned up for mine this year. You'd think curry was a selling point but most shandied out.

And I still remember the headache I had on my 21st.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:55 pm

ratbert wrote:Well next to no-one turned up for mine this year. You'd think curry was a selling point but most shandied out.

And I still remember the headache I had on my 21st.

For people to attend....YOU HAVE TO FECKING INVITE THEM!!!!

:wink:
Smarties have answers.....

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:26 pm

Bench wrote:For people to attend....YOU HAVE TO FECKING INVITE THEM!!!!

:wink:
Anyone fancy a night out in the Isle of Man tonight? No? Pah!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:30 pm

I remember when I went to a birthday curry in Liverpool a while back, there was this right pr1ck there, ruined my night him turning up.

;)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:33 pm

Did have one birthday when I was totally p-----d off; my 40th. Thought it was the end of all life. Gee, wish I could have it back again. Life "does" begin at 40. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:52 pm

This is a big of rant of mine!!!

My birthday (as you all know as I'm always going on about it) is Boxing Day.

Which means that no-one ever remembers!!!

Everyone is drunk or full after Xmas and skint!!!! Pubs are only open til 10.30 on Boxing Day

Even when I was a kid I didn't ever have parties as all my buddies were at their aunties or Nans for Christmas!!!!!

I used to get joint presents which used to bug me as a little kid!! Or people wrote in a Xmas card "p.s have a happy birthday!!" Grrrr!!!

My mum hasn't forgiven me as all babies born on Xmas day got tinsel on their cot and I was 5 hours too late!!!!!

However, good things happen because:

Unless I become a nurse or a fireman I will never ever be at work on my birthday
There is a Bolton game every year! Although this can be a bad thing... ie. Robbie Fowler hatrick ruined my birthday :(

Last few years I've been away either in Canada visiting family or up at my folks in Carlisle so celebrate happily with the nearest and dearest!

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Never had a bad birthday.....when I was little my mum used to love my birthdays as much as me so they were mostly pretty epic. Bouncy Castle in back garden :mrgreen:

The castle made a return on my 18th when we hired one for me and my mates.....20 extremely pissed lads on a bouncy castle...fecking hilarious! :D
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Gertie wrote: Which means that no-one ever remembers!!!
Nobody??
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:31 pm

I usually keep my birthdays very quiet affairs - I'm not one for big parties and the like. I do remember my tenth birthday party though - a bouncy castle and roller skating party at Horwich Leisure Centre.....the group that was in the hall before mine over-ran so my mum was most upset as she was paying for this, and the other group were starting to take the mickey as there was no sign of the parents getting the kids out of that hall. The party before mine was a fancy dress do, and all I can remember is my mum having a fight with catwoman and people having to pull them apart :D !!!