For all of those who missed it - TW SECOND BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:08 am

Happy Birthday, when do we recieve our piece of the cake and a baloon? :D
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:26 am

and to think we owe our birth to BWFC4U !!!! :oops: :mrgreen:

I'd like to echo the comments for Keveh, Bench et al who made this possible. Well done all.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:45 am

Happy Birthday The Wanderer

What a fabby place it is too!!!!!!!

Well done boys & girls behind the scenes you're all ace and I admire your dedication and hard work to the Wanderers cause!!!

Gertsx

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:18 am

Happy Birthday to The Wanderer... Congratulations on creating and managing a very successful fan site.

In many ways, I thank the BBC for f*cking up 606 so I had to try and find a new site...

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:00 am

Happy birthday, and thanks for making work more bearable by letting me join the fun! :mrgreen:
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:33 am

Backgammon wrote:Happy Birthday to The Wanderer... Congratulations on creating and managing a very successful fan site.

In many ways, I thank the BBC for f*cking up 606 so I had to try and find a new site...
Likewise....thank christ the BBC couldn't organise a piss-up at a brewery
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:12 pm

It's not been easy for those there at the inception... and indeed many have thought that we get paid for doing this! If only!

When we get messages like this, it really does making everything worthwhile... and to have a place where so many Wanderers can meet and rant is phenominal! One of the best things about TW is the number of overseas members we have, and for the boards to essentially be a (mostly) harmonious worldwide community, that in itself is reason enough to be thankful. Not to mention all the members contributions, all the 'backroom' work, and all the fantastic articles and threads.

Proud to be part of this number.
Viva La Portable Radio!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:16 pm

Well I think it's rubbish and should be closed down.

Gnome
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Gnome » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:45 pm

wahey happy birhtday and a big well done to all involved, top job! Hope it keeps going for many more years...
Nay-Nay: so good they named me twice

"oh Nicky Hunt, should play up front, oh Nicky Hunt should play up front"

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:58 pm

Backgammon wrote:Happy Birthday to The Wanderer... Congratulations on creating and managing a very successful fan site.

I agree with the comment above, until the demise of 606 i didnt know this site existed. I saw a 'TheWanderer' flag at a footy match searched on google, since then ive been hooked!!

Great site lads, well done. :D
Stay up

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:05 pm

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:

I agree with the comment above, until the demise of 606 i didnt know this site existed. I saw a 'TheWanderer' flag at a footy match searched on google, since then ive been hooked!!

We've got a flag? :shock:
Smarties have answers.....

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:08 pm

Bench wrote:

Surprised me too - I thought we'd planned to have one but someone disappeared with the kitty - or something. A bit before my time actually. I wasn't here when TW was born - but happy birthday anyway.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bench wrote:

Surprised me too - I thought we'd planned to have one but someone disappeared with the kitty - or something. A bit before my time actually. I wasn't here when TW was born - but happy birthday anyway.
You couldn't resist, could you? You just had to tear open old wounds and spit into them, didn't you? How very dare you - how dare you bring up such a hurtful subject.....

*the sound of Bench crawling into the corner to quietly weep*

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Bench wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bench wrote:

You couldn't resist, could you? You just had to tear open old wounds and spit into them, didn't you? How very dare you - how dare you bring up such a hurtful subject.....

*the sound of Bench crawling into the corner to quietly weep*
Sorry, old chap - didn't know it had anything to do with you - just remembered some reference as to why we didn't have one when others did. Anyway I could have got the story completely wrong. Let me buy you a virtual drink and we can forget the whole thing.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:27 pm

has the flag been updated with the new URL?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:04 pm

Well done those who spend their own dosh running this hidey hole for some of the strangest folk I have ever encountered.

Like a one-stop shop for internet weirdos.

I salute you! :pissed:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Happy Birthday Big Sa.. er... The-Wanderer. Growing into a lovely site, its parents should be proud. Award selves pats on backs, people.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:38 pm

And thanks to all of you who have given TW all your support over the last couple of years (SPEECH!! SPEEAAACCHHHHH!!! Quieten down there at the back!).....

The last two years have been enormous fun and I am chuffed as feck to have been proud of it. We've had our ups and downs but, thankfully, more of the former than the latter. A fair few people of chucked their toys out of the pram at certain times but, eventually, most have picked them up again. The site has gone from strength to strength - with our regular posters increasing at a fair ol' rate in line with our total number of members. We've broken the 'most users on line' total no less than on 6 occasions (and none of them rigged I hasten to add) and we have more original articles, discussions, match previews and reports then any other Bolton Wanderers fan site.

That says a lot that does.

That says that we're doing things right. But at the end of the day we only provide the forum and the facility for others. Its you guys - the members, the contributors, even the people who just read and don't post - that make TW what it is by simply coming back time and again, by posting, reading and contributing new material for us to display on the main page. When we first started TW up after the decline of 4u many were sceptical and said that it wouldn't last. Well it has. And it will continue to go on.

And lets not forget while we're all here (well...most :wink: ). Bolton Wanderers of course. We've seen some cup runs (good and bad), our first Euro adventure, the breaking (smashing?) of our transfer fee record, great players (and bad) come and go - and we're now competing at the top of the League - I don't care how long it all lasts. As long as I'm there to experience it!

So....thanks to all and sundry for sticking with us. There are a fair few people 'behind the scenes' who help out and they all deserve a big THANK YOU from me. But rather than list these endless hordes I'll just buy them all a drink at season end....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:44 pm

thanking them in a list on here (nicely formatted!) would be a LOT cheaper!!

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:53 am

only two years?

bloody hell, didn't think it was so young

HB anyway