Shooting Dogs

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Shooting Dogs

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:37 am

Anyone seen this film?

I take most things with a pinch of salt me, little upsets or offends me, I am often told that im too laid back about things, but ive never been so disturbed, moved & appalled but glued & entertained all at the same time as I was watching this last night!

The film is a true story about the massacre at the Ecole Technique Officielle during the Rwandan genocide, where over 2500 Tutsi refugees are butchered after the UN upped and abandoned them in the camp. Amazing and shocking stuff

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:19 pm

so there was no shooting of dogs?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 pm

daxter15 wrote:so there was no shooting of dogs?
No the title refers to the fact that the belgian UN peace keepers were prepared to open fire on the wild dogs feeding on the butchered corpses lying about but not on the macheti weilding mob of hutu extremists doing all the murderering because its in their mandate to keep the peace, ie not to open fire unless in self defence. which father christopher (the lead character) coulden't get his gead round. but in the end the UN fúck off, and leave the hutu free to walk in and start chopping everyone up.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Saw a documentary not long ago about the Belgian antics in the Congo. Twas in the reign of Leopold when the Belgians were trying to monopolise the rubber trade. The attrocities on the natives were too bad to describe. Made me feel ashamed to be a human being.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:14 pm

The dramatised Hotel Rwanda was chilling enough

I'll see if I can dl this latest offering
Sto ut Serviam

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:09 pm

The British Premiere of Shooting Dogs was, bizarrely enough, in the auditorium at my own Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge.

Capslock, what the hell's going on - first lower case and now cartoon bears?
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:26 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:now cartoon bears?
Tis my tribute to Gertrude

Her stalking of Jussi has made him what he is today
Sto ut Serviam

Batman

Re: Shooting Dogs

Post by Batman » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:44 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Anyone seen this film?

I take most things with a pinch of salt me, little upsets or offends me, I am often told that im too laid back about things, but ive never been so disturbed, moved & appalled but glued & entertained all at the same time as I was watching this last night!

The film is a true story about the massacre at the Ecole Technique Officielle during the Rwandan genocide, where over 2500 Tutsi refugees are butchered after the UN upped and abandoned them in the camp. Amazing and shocking stuff

I thought you were referring to women from Blackburn.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:45 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:The dramatised Hotel Rwanda was chilling enough

I'll see if I can dl this latest offering

Superb film, Don Cheadle will never better his performance.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:29 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:now cartoon bears?
Tis my tribute to Gertrude

Her stalking of Jussi has made him what he is today
Oooh and my full title too, I normally I get called that when I have been naughty.

Though it does look like my bear-sake is going to step on some poor ladybirds :shock: