Mark Halsey

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Mark Halsey

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:07 pm

Apparently (todays Mirror I think, but I read on 365) Mark Halsey is in trouble with the FA for inappropriate comments in his 'Ask the Ref' (or whatever its called) section in the programme. He has been banned from writing in it by the FA.

Anyone know the full story?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:18 pm

liverpool moaned about it when he sed he hoped 'we' (bwfc) did well against them ...
Last edited by a1 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:22 pm

dave1980 wrote:The Sun
This adds to my store of knowledge:
PAGE NOT FOUND (404 error)

The page you have requested is not available.

Either you have followed an incorrect internal
or external link or you have typed in an incorrect URL
(web address).

Please use of the links above to continue.
:wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:24 pm

The point at issue is that he wish us good luck against liverpool. That's it and the scousers all whined. Typical scousers. A throw away comment about the next game and they're up in arms with their usual love of being victims.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:25 pm

From the Sun.
REF Mark Halsey is under investigation by the Premier League after he wrote ‘inappropriate’ programme notes for Bolton.

Halsey, 45, who has been taken off top-flight matches, has been told to stop writing the articles for the matchday magazine at the Reebok.

The UEFA ref stunned Premier League officials with a good luck message to Sam Allardyce ahead of the club’s league match with Liverpool on September 30.

Now based in Bolton, Halsey was not refereeing the game. But the League felt it could have proved awkward if he was to ref Liverpool in the future.

After receiving a letter from the Premier League, Halsey has not written another column for the Bolton programme.

A Premier League spokesman said: “We always discourage referees from writing such columns, along with making inappropriate remarks.”

Halsey has also been axed from Premier League matches and this weekend will officiate a League Two game between Boston and Notts County.

The Premier League spokesman added: “Refs’ lists are done game-by-game, where performances are taken into account.”
Load of old cobblers if you ask me. Halsey trains with us, so he can't ref our matches.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:38 pm

This appears to be the correct link.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:41 pm

warthog wrote:From the Sun.
REF Mark Halsey is under investigation by the Premier League after he wrote ‘inappropriate’ programme notes for Bolton.

Halsey, 45, who has been taken off top-flight matches, has been told to stop writing the articles for the matchday magazine at the Reebok.

The UEFA ref stunned Premier League officials with a good luck message to Sam Allardyce ahead of the club’s league match with Liverpool on September 30.

Now based in Bolton, Halsey was not refereeing the game. But the League felt it could have proved awkward if he was to ref Liverpool in the future.

After receiving a letter from the Premier League, Halsey has not written another column for the Bolton programme.

A Premier League spokesman said: “We always discourage referees from writing such columns, along with making inappropriate remarks.”

Halsey has also been axed from Premier League matches and this weekend will officiate a League Two game between Boston and Notts County.

The Premier League spokesman added: “Refs’ lists are done game-by-game, where performances are taken into account.”
Load of old cobblers if you ask me. Halsey trains with us, so he can't ref our matches.
I agree. My son, the hockey ref, is obliged to wish both coaches good luck before game - doesn't seem much wrong with that. To wish someone good luck is a little different from saying I hope you trash the effing scousers. I would like to know what Mark actually said.
Last edited by Montreal Wanderer on Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:41 pm

I thought ex-ref Jeff Winter made no secret of his support of Boro and I'm sure he didn't ever ref their games. But if you're involved with football, then surely you take an interest?? They're not machines after all.

Anyways I thought Mark Halsey was a Cockerney-type boy who now lives in the North West, so it's not as if he's a real Bolton fan anyways.

I did read his page once where he went off on a massive rant about how he hadn't ever been picked to ref a cup final. Guess he hasn't helped his cause again with this.

And another thing, whilst I'm on one.... I don't get this "relegating" refs to the Div 2/3 if they've made a boob. Surely teams in the lower leagues deserve decent refs who know what they're doing, just as much (and in some cases, more so) than the prem. A few dodgy decisions leading to relegation, loss of money and piff paff poof out of existence.

OK I'm too hysterical now I'll shut up.

And then nothing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:44 pm

Scousers list moaning, mourning and mooning as occupations, but seems more like the Premier League officials than them on this one. Shows just how daft the world is getting.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

dave1980
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dave1980 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
This appears to be the correct link.
Appologies I've had an exceptionally long day at work today and theres more to come. It was also on the back page of the Bolton News but the website hadn't got round to publishing it yet.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:27 pm

Gertie wrote:Anyways I thought Mark Halsey was a Cockerney-type boy who now lives in the North West, so it's not as if he's a real Bolton fan anyways.
For those who are interested, Halsey is actually a Bolton fan...

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:38 pm

Loyal White wrote:
Gertie wrote:Anyways I thought Mark Halsey was a Cockerney-type boy who now lives in the North West, so it's not as if he's a real Bolton fan anyways.
For those who are interested, Halsey is actually a Bolton fan...
I'd heard that too. He's lived in the village for years.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:48 pm

Gertie wrote:I thought ex-ref Jeff Winter made no secret of his support of Boro and I'm sure he didn't ever ref their games. But if you're involved with football, then surely you take an interest?? They're not machines after all.
A little off topic, but in our very first premier league season in 95/96 do I not recall Mr Winter, from Stockton, officiating us at home to Boro? Or am i going paranoid?

Any stattos help me out?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:36 pm

A little off topic, but in our very first premier league season in 95/96 do I not recall Mr Winter, from Stockton, officiating us at home to Boro? Or am i going paranoid?

Any stattos help me out?
dont know about that , but bolton fan Halsey refereed a bolton match once and we didnt win , i dont know what that proves ...

.. it was the bolton arsenal 1-1 draw with the pedersen 'blockbuster goal' , i think..

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:42 pm

a1 wrote:

Any stattos help me out?
dont know about that , but bolton fan Halsey refereed a bolton match once and we didnt win , i dont know what that proves ...

.. it was the bolton arsenal 1-1 draw with the pedersen 'blockbuster goal' , i think..
Poll was ref for that game one of the few he's not "fixed" reffing us
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:55 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
Poll was ref for that game one of the few he's not "fixed" reffing us
maybe it was the 2-2 away game .. ?? he probably got back home with the bolton squad ...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:00 pm

Graham Lovatt commented on Saturday that Giggs was calling Styles "Rob" at every opportunity. Okay for United players I suppose.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Graham Lovatt commented on Saturday that Giggs was calling Styles "Rob" at every opportunity. Okay for United players I suppose.
If my gaffer had just paid someone £5000 for a favour, I'd expect to be on first name terms with them myself.
Businesswoman of the year.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:34 pm

I think it was Charlton who complained that Halsey was reffing their games, when training with us, as we were in direct competition for places with Charlton..

They say that then say refs have no understanding of the professional footballer, from which they can only get with training with clubs I suppose..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;