I'm not having a very good day :(

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

I'm not having a very good day :(

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:33 pm

Well.....if things haven't been stressful enough in my life of late, this mornings discovery has made me feel lower than low, so low infact that I have resorted to the chip shop for my lunch!! :evil:

I was going to drive down to the Reebok to get a ticket for the Wigan game, maybe do a bit of shopping in Tesco....so I walk up the street, car keys in hand - my car has disappeared. I am 100% sure where I parked my car - I came back from uni fairly late last night, there was nowhere near the house on the street to park, so I had to park about 15 houses further up behind next doors car. I was in no way illegally parked.

Anyhow, my car is gone - so I knock on the house it was parked outside, she won't come to the door - she eventually comes to the window saying "what do you want?" and I politely ask her to come to the door, I need to ask her a question. She knew what it was about, it was written all over her face!!! Anyway, she comes to the door and I say my car is missing, it was here last night blah blah blah...and her response is, "yeah, I saw them take it away not too long ago", I say... "who took it away?!", she said "the men in yellow jackets....I didn't call them. Maybe next door did." and then that was that.

I call the council, they tell me to refer to the police. The police say they have no record of someone reporting my car to be towed, they also call all the known towing places none of which none have a record of taking my car. So now I have no car, no idea who it was that took it, where it is - so it's officially reported as stolen/missing now. What the hell is going on?! Is it some elaborate way of stealing a car?!! It has to have been lifted/towed as I have the keys, it was definitely locked, has an immobiliser etc - and this lady says she saw men in yellow jackets take it away (perhaps she is on something?!)!!

If somebody had it towed, they must have lied as it had only been parked (legally) since yesterday late evening, my car isn't particularly fancy (it wasn't the mini for people who know me!) and not worth stealing in such an elaborate fashion!

Can somebody please cheer me up :( - or find my car!! It's all very strange and there is nothing else I can do!
Last edited by Super_Kevin_Davies on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:42 pm

maybe a few pic will cheer you up? That really sucks SKD. Hope it turns out okay in th end for you.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:46 pm

Thanks AT - I've got a big assignment due in two days and everytime I've tried to get into it and try and get some more doneover the last week, another bad thing happens to throw me off and affect my concentration. Should I take this as a sign that I was not meant to complete the assignment? :o :wink:

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:47 pm

Find a post by wovlad and look at his signature that cheers me up :wink:
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:50 pm

Bummer!

Hopefully it'll turn up and when it does you can treat it to one of these - a tree frog car set cover.

You can get floor mats too!

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:52 pm

LOL, LGM :D
Is it wrong that I have seen those before and thought "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe"?! hehe (I have more taste than that, seriously...I do!) :wink:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:53 pm

All seems a bit odd, chuck.

If it wasn't illegally parked then there's no reason to tow it. If it was illegally parked then they have to advise you so that you can get the thing back otherwise it is theft.

I can only suggest you speak to your insurance company.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:53 pm

Sorry to hear that and it all seems very suspect to me.

Sounds like you've taken the same sort of steps I would've though; Rang the council, spoke to the police, gone to the chippy. :)
I take it the police were indifferent when you told them about it?
I hope it turns up otherwise you'll have an insurance claim through something that wasn't your fault. :whack:
Businesswoman of the year.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:56 pm

communistworkethic wrote:All seems a bit odd, chuck.

If it wasn't illegally parked then there's no reason to tow it. If it was illegally parked then they have to advise you so that you can get the thing back otherwise it is theft.

I can only suggest you speak to your insurance company.
My dad is the registered owner, and luckily he has been making the relevant phone calls relating to getting it back. Since the police said they have no alternative than to report it as missing or stolen, I think he has informed the insurance company etc. But you are right commie, it's all very odd - they had no right to tow it (if it in fact was towed), but it is a bizarre way to steal a car - there are nicer cars on the street to steal!!! :crazy:
Last edited by Super_Kevin_Davies on Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:56 pm

Ooooooh noooo SKD this sounds a disasteration of the highest order!!!!!

*Big Hug*

As far as I know, you can park your car on the road if you have up-to-date road tax????? You haven't let that lapse or anything, or forgotten to renew your insurance as I think that the DVLA can impound cars who do that????

I hope it's nothing to do with those naughty car drivers who were having a fight in your street and I had to tell them off???

Is the car still registered in your dad's name??? Can you ask if he's had any word from anyone who might have impounded it?

Are the Police treating it as a stolen vehicle at the mo???

Do you need me to leave work immediately to come round and support you and drive you to the Reebok????

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:57 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:Thanks AT - I've got a big assignment due in two days and everytime I've tried to get into it and try and get some more doneover the last week, another bad thing happens to throw me off and affect my concentration. Should I take this as a sign that I was not meant to complete the assignment? :o :wink:
At least you didn't keep your assignment in the boot of your car. You have to be thankful of small mercies.

And yes the pick your car up and tow away on the back of a lorry is a common way of stealing cars, in city centres. Who is going to challenge someone is yellow jackets removing a car.

I hope you find it soon.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:04 pm

malcd1 wrote:
And yes the pick your car up and tow away on the back of a lorry is a common way of stealing cars, in city centres.
but in a quite residential street in Penrith?????????

Gertie's DVLA suggestion seemed good, but it's all a bit quick and clandestine for a bunch of civil servants.

But it was Halloween, perhaps you are the victim of some little snot nosed bastards who you refused to let blackmail you on your doorstep????

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:06 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Find a post by wovlad and look at his signature that cheers me up :wink:
I do like to please.

If a mod comes on can you resize my avatar please.
Last edited by wovlad on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:06 pm

Yellow jackets can be bought anywhere and are used for a variety of nefarious reasons SKD. Hope you haven't been conned.
Hope also you get your car back. Sounds decidedly fishy to me.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:33 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
And yes the pick your car up and tow away on the back of a lorry is a common way of stealing cars, in city centres.
but in a quite residential street in Penrith?????????

Gertie's DVLA suggestion seemed good, but it's all a bit quick and clandestine for a bunch of civil servants.

But it was Halloween, perhaps you are the victim of some little snot nosed bastards who you refused to let blackmail you on your doorstep????
I'm in Manchester at the moment Commie - so Malc's suggestion is definitely valid, I am determined to get to the bottom of this!!! :evil: As far as I am aware, tax, insurance etc etc are all up to date - my dad is in charge of those as it's a business car and he says he thinks it is all fine and there have been no warning notices or anything. It's all so strange.

AT - I VERY nearly left my uni bag with all my uni stuff in it in my car last night, but I remembered and went back for it....it could have been worse to have lost it all as well, you're right!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 pm

Maybe the FLF have caught up with you??? (Frog Liberation Front)

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:38 pm

I wish someone would steal my wife's car. Blue book value and all that.

Cops need to take car thieves more seriously.

More Bait Cars.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_nNqjTSrQ&NR[/youtube]
Last edited by americantrotter on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:44 pm

Ooooh noooo, just thought....

Your car has BWFC stickers in the window...

Who have we annoyed recently??

Mark Hughes, Rafa Bentez (I think he was busy last night), Everyone in Watford, the entire journalistic population of London, Mike Riley, anyone from the BBC??

I'm afraid it's a very looooooong suspect list Super Kev, to show my support for your palava I've gone and got some choclolate. ooooh what a rotten thing to happen :(

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:I'm in Manchester at the moment Commie - so Malc's suggestion is definitely valid, I am determined to get to the bottom of this!!!
Your alter ego is doing sterling detective work in my novel thus far, so good luck!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:56 pm

americantrotter wrote:I wish someone would steal my wife's car. Blue book value and all that.

Cops need to take car thieves more seriously.

More Bait Cars.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_nNqjTSrQ&NR[/youtube]
Ace.

Ain't so cocky now is he, the theiving bxxxxxd. More of this.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?