Most Penalties....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Idiot Wind
Hopeful
Hopeful

Most Penalties....

Post by Idiot Wind » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:19 am

Just wondering if we have any Anorak's out there?

Could anyone compile a list of number of penalties awarded by club for each season since Prem inception?

I've had a Utd fan bleating on to me this morning how it was justice that Ronaldo was awarded a penalty as Utd never get any. I would naturally like to prove him wrong!!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Barry has 5 for Villa this season, IIRc Man Utd have had 4 this season

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Most Penalties....

Post by warthog » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Idiot Wind wrote:Just wondering if we have any Anorak's out there?

Could anyone compile a list of number of penalties awarded by club for each season since Prem inception?

I've had a Utd fan bleating on to me this morning how it was justice that Ronaldo was awarded a penalty as Utd never get any. I would naturally like to prove him wrong!!!
Presumably he also thinks that Rooney getting a penalty against Portsmouth for an even more outrageous dive was also justice.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Most Penalties....

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:03 pm

warthog wrote:
Idiot Wind wrote:Just wondering if we have any Anorak's out there?

Presumably he also thinks that Rooney getting a penalty against Portsmouth for an even more outrageous dive was also justice.
You can always support yuour argument by adding "you don't even watch the games you glory hunting nob rash" that should see you win that one

Idiot Wind
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Idiot Wind » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:10 pm

He claims the Rooney one was a result of trying to avoid the tackle - although he does claim that Gerrard's at Sheff Utd on the opening day was a blatant dive..........he's being serious as well.

Oh and he does go to matches.....well, he's been to "3 or 4 in the last 'few' seasons" - apparently it's hard to get tickets. I asked him to try the scum website and it seems that tickets are indeed available for each of their upcoming home matches......funny that.

I'd really like to see a table showing how many penalties have been awarded for each team. He's now claiming that Utd get no penalties as referees are scared of being accused of Utd bias - heaven forbid.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:15 pm

A couple of ancillary stats:

Up to the turn of the year, Liverpool had been awarded 56 penalties in the Premiership and had conceded 43.

Danny Murphy was the first player in 10 years to score a penalty at Old Trafford in April 2004 in our 1-0 victory over the Mancs. The previous one was Ruel Fox for Norwich.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:50 pm

portsmouth seem to get 2 a match ..

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:51 pm

Villa have that cheat Agbonlahor up front, and that diver Petrov...

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:51 pm

Barry's gonna end as PL top goalscorer at this pace.
Barça fan that loves a team in white :shock: