Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum: In for Anfield takeov

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum: In for Anfield takeov

Post by FaninOz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:42 am

Now if that happens, it makes Chelsea's owner a relative pauper. Sheikh Mohammed and his Maktoum family are probably one of the richest families in the World. Mind they would have to all covert to Muslims, celebrate Ramadan and no women would be allowed in the new Anfield. Have met Sheikh Mohammed and he is one hell of an impressive guy.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 80&cc=3436

An interesting point is the Maktoum family also own the Emirates Airline, so where does that leave the Arsenal sponsorship? Would FIFA and the FA allow such a large sponsorship of a Club by the Owner of another Premiership Club?
Last edited by FaninOz on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 am

Tell him we'll have him if he doesn't like Liverpool.

Just known as Shaky to his mates.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum: In for Anfield ta

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:04 pm

FaninOz wrote:Now if that happens, it makes Chelsea's owner a relative pauper. Sheikh Mohammed and his Maktoum family are probably one of the richest families in the World. Mind they would have to all covert to Muslims, celebrate Ramadan and no women would be allowed in the new Anfield. Have met Sheikh Mohammed and he is one hell of an impressive guy.

An interesting point is the Maktoum family also own the Emirates Airline, so where does that leave the Arsenal sponsorship? Would FIFA and the FA allow such a large sponsorship of a Club by the Owner of another Premiership Club?
What has this nonsense got to do with anything?? Quite frankly this piece of garbage is not just ill-informed (Sheikh Mohammed own Godophin racing - hardly backed by the Taleban is it?) but it's inclusion in this post smacks of bigotry. Totally uncalled for, even in very poor taste jest.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:08 pm

And it's not as if Sheikh Makhtoum is actually buying Liverpool himself as Abramovich did with Chelsea, it's the DIC who are looking to buy us, and they are the same company that run Tussaud's and part of the London Eye among other things.

Interesting news - not least because it paves the way to finance our new stadium and remove any of our debts. Hopefully more funding for the team, but you never really know.

As for the sponsorship issue - that has nothing to do with this.

Can we not bin off this ill-informed garbage bit of a first post and start this thread all over again?

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:09 pm

Who gives a toss about Liverpool on a Bolton board anyhoo

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:12 pm

Batman wrote:Who gives a toss about Liverpool on a Bolton board anyhoo
There's a hint in the title of the Forum. :roll:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:15 pm

Lots of eyes being rolled today Soldier. Having a bad un?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:50 pm

Batman wrote:Lots of eyes being rolled today Soldier. Having a bad un?
No, not me.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum: In for Anfield ta

Post by FaninOz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:48 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Now if that happens, it makes Chelsea's owner a relative pauper. Sheikh Mohammed and his Maktoum family are probably one of the richest families in the World. Mind they would have to all covert to Muslims, celebrate Ramadan and no women would be allowed in the new Anfield. Have met Sheikh Mohammed and he is one hell of an impressive guy.

What has this nonsense got to do with anything?? Quite frankly this piece of garbage is not just ill-informed (Sheikh Mohammed own Godophin racing - hardly backed by the Taleban is it?) but it's inclusion in this post smacks of bigotry. Totally uncalled for, even in very poor taste jest.
Sorry if my comments upset you, they were based on 3 years of living in the UAE and experiencing living in a Muslim Culture first hand. As I said I have met Sheikh Mohammed on a number of occasions during my time there and had a few conversations with him, the Rulers of the other Emerates other than Dubai and many other senior Emiraties. So I do have a good handle on what makes these people tick, even so my comments were not meant to be taken too seriously. I can assure you I am in no way racist as you will know if you have read some of my other postings, so do accept my apologies.

Out of interest the company that is looking at buying Liverpool is Dubai International Capital which is the an investment arm of Dubai Holding, which is owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. As the Ruler of Dubai he has total power and authority over everything that happens there, he is also the UAE Vice President and Prime Minister for the Country. As I said a very powerful and impressive person. http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/

Godolphin is only a sideline to the Maktoum empire as will be Liverpool if the takover goes ahead.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Doesn't stop them being ill thought out clap-trap does it?

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Doesn't stop them being ill thought out clap-trap does it?
So much for gracefully accepting apologies... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Doesn't stop them being ill thought out clap-trap does it?
Well if you must have the last word you are welcome to them.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:25 pm

commie in lack of tact shocker. :roll:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:04 pm

So bigotted comments are accpetable is said in jest? Bernard manning will no doubt be petitioning for a return to mainstream TV. :roll:

AT in half-witted response shocker. :roll:

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Get a room.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Batman wrote:Get a room.
Get a shave and a haircut.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:15 pm

Takes 15yrs off me when I do, can't be looking 8 now can I. Gets rid of my considerable mystique. :D

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:17 pm

Batman wrote:Takes 15yrs off me when I do, can't be looking 8 now can I. Gets rid of my considerable mystique. :D
the odd parcels and bags being carried away from the match adds to it though

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:18 pm

I daren't sit down and calculate what I've spent at the club shop.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Batman wrote:I daren't sit down and calculate what I've spent at the club shop.
have you tried the less risky "lying down" option?