Opposition songs you simply loathe...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Which song do you hate the most

Blue Moon - Citeh
No votes
You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool
11%
U-N-I-T-E-D
25%
Blowing Bubbles - Wham
54%
That's Why We're the Champions - short memory chelsea fans
11%

Total votes: 28

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Opposition songs you simply loathe...

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:19 pm

With a nod the manchester derby currently taking place and those annoying spammers today what's the song that most grates you from opposition fans,

my hat thrown into the ring with Manchester-not-so-United's camp "U-N-I-T-E-D united are the team for me". it's even on Fifa 07 it makes me want to launch nuclear weapons :twisted:

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:46 pm

'Duh duh duh duh Hitzlsberger' used to cause me great pain and suffering.

From the list it has to be Walk On. Mawkish Scouse drivel, more sung by the PA system than the Kop.
“Crime, once exposed, has no refuge but in audacity” - Tacitus

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:04 pm

You've missed a couple....

The liverpool one that just goes lllllliiiiiiiivvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrpppppppppoooooooolllllll.

I also hate 'stick your blue flag up your arse' that we are going to be treated to today.

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:19 pm

Loyal White wrote:You've missed a couple....

The liverpool one that just goes lllllliiiiiiiivvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrpppppppppoooooooolllllll.

I also hate 'stick your blue flag up your arse' that we are going to be treated to today.
Blue flag??

What you on about?
Stay up

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:57 am

I hate that U-N-I-T-E-D crap with a passion. To be honest I don't mind the others.

The worst one is another Rags dirge. The dire "Number one was Ryan Giggs, Number two was Ryan Giggs etc..." shite sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine. What the feck's that all about?
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:10 am

RCD Espanyol's new hymn that they instated a few years ago to appear "more Catalan" and that absolutely *none* of their fans ever sings, preferring the old Spanish one (something they are absolutely free to do, being the whole rebranding of the team what I find ridiculous).

"Glory of Catalonia", my ass :whack:
Barça fan that loves a team in white :shock:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:36 am

F-cking Yoonited fans sing the same 4 songs every bastard year, that stupid one about Citeh not winning owt, and so on. COCKNEY WANKERS.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:03 pm

Zulus! Thousand of 'em! wrote:I hate that U-N-I-T-E-D crap with a passion. To be honest I don't mind the others.

The worst one is another Rags dirge. The dire "Number one was Ryan Giggs, Number two was Ryan Giggs etc..." shite sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine. What the feck's that all about?
We all live in a Gary Rowell World, a Gary Rowell world, a Gary Rowell world. :D

Not opposition songs, but I hate any song that tells me to standup/clap if I hate/love someone.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:51 am

Perhaps I'm an old softie at heart, but I've always thought that "Walk On" with all the scarves up was rather cool. Although, I've no reason to hate scousers unconditionally so I guess it's all down to your point of view, my scouser pals are rather fabby people.

I wouldn't mind something that got all Wanderers fans together like some of the songs listed above. That said I hate the dull Liiiiiivvvvvveeeerppoooll over and over again.

I always disliked I'm forever blowing bubbles, but after Saturday, I find I can only pity them, and as such my cousin and I worked up a new version on Saturday, but were too excitied to sing it to anyone - plus we didn't seen any 'Ammers after the game

We’re forever popping bubbles
Sh*tty bubbles from West Ham
They dream so high
Only eat Eel pie,
But their European dreams
Will fade and die
Fortune’s always injured,
We don’t really care
We’re forever popping bubbles
West Ham bubbles everywhere
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 pm

Bubbles is a cracking song, to be fair. I actually enjoy going down to Upton Park and hearing them belt that out (and belt it out they do).

Middlesbrough fans singing 'we're the finest team in football the world has ever seen' grates immensely, if only because it scans and sounds so horrible compared to the actual 'by far the greatest team' or the acceptable variant 'the finest football team'.

Interesting choice of songs that grate, though. What, exactly, is wrong with Blue Moon? Do you just not like City fans in general? And United have got far more irritating, boring or otherwise frankly laughable songs than U-N-I, T-E-D.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 pm

Never mind the oppo songs

We, well our retards, sing

small town in fulham, to chelsea

small town in everton to liverpool

FFS, cocks
Sto ut Serviam

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:25 pm

Oh, and can I add anyone that sings 'Eas-eh, Eas-eh' in the Soccer AM style? It's f*cking atrocious, as is 'Who are yer?' and 'You're not singing anymore', particularly the latter from a home crowd who have yet to make a peep all bloody game, yet now their side have pulled it back/gone in front feel the need to make out like they have a large penis. No, you just are one. And yes, I hate it when Liverpool crowds do these sorts of things, too - Bordeaux at home being one example.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:40 pm

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:
Loyal White wrote:You've missed a couple....

Blue flag??

What you on about?
A song Wham fans sing about Chelsea I think.

It does my nut in.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:41 pm

I don't hate any songs apart from the one that everybody uses, "by far the greatest team......"

Yeah, you're not though are you.

Including us.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:47 pm

keveh wrote:I don't hate any songs apart from the one that everybody uses, "by far the greatest team......"

Including us.
I find it hilarious when some teams sing this song - especially the lower league sides. It's just plainly factually incorrect. There's only a handful of sides throughout history that could realistically claim to sing that, and the vast vast majority of them don't speak English anyway :D

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:50 pm

blurred wrote:
keveh wrote:I don't hate any songs apart from the one that everybody uses, "by far the greatest team......"

Including us.
I find it hilarious when some teams sing this song - especially the lower league sides. It's just plainly factually incorrect. There's only a handful of sides throughout history that could realistically claim to sing that, and the vast vast majority of them don't speak English anyway :D
i think you're taking it a bit seriously

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:58 pm

James B wrote:
blurred wrote:

Including us.
i think you're taking it a bit seriously
I know! it's not as if Stockport fans genuinely believe that they ARE by far the greatest tem the world has ever seen, Its just a good singalong and shows appreciation for the team they love

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:06 pm

James B wrote:i think you're taking it a bit seriously
Do you not find it chucklesome that someone like Reading sing about being the greatest team ever, in their first season in the top flight?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:30 pm

blurred wrote:
James B wrote:i think you're taking it a bit seriously
Do you not find it chucklesome that someone like Reading sing about being the greatest team ever, in their first season in the top flight?
not really because i can see the song for what it is and practically everyone sings it, if they started singing "we shall not be moved etc" then i'd probably take that more seriously

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:40 pm

Don't know if it's specific to Blackburn, but I've not heard anyone else singing it: "GEDDIN TO EM! FÚCK EM UP!"

Stupid inbred dingles.