the Photo thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: the Photo thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:59 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
twilight wrote:That's such a beautiful photo Clapton...it also makes me feel sad and I really don't know why!!
"A far croonin' is pullin' me away
As take I wi' my cromach to the road.
The far Cuillins are puttin' love on me
As step I wi' the sunlight for my load." .............. :wink:
Nice, but that would be Scotland not the Mere District. :wink:
Thank you Andy Stewart, but since it's called Road to the Isles, I knew that. Just seemed appropriate to the pic and Twighlight's mood.. :wink:

You might remember Cumbria and the Lake District are not really a million miles different in character than a lot of Scotland.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Absolutely fantastic photo Clapton. I had to have a go at it in paint even though it's black and white and was devilishly hard to see what I thought you saw. I posted my effort in the Painting Thread to avoid interfering here. I used an ink and wash technique because there was no point in trying to make it look like your photo. That would be defeating the object (and impossible in the bargain). I'm reasonably happy with the result and thanks for the great pic.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:36 am

I had an hour over the M60 at Stockport a couple of nights back. I love this time of year for photography and had this location in mind for most of this year. Light trails under the viaduct leading to the Pyramid. The emergency services joining in the light show too.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Great photo Clappers.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Superb. Never thought I'd enjoy a view from the M60!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Just come back from Tuscany. I was bloomin' freezing for five days of the seven and raining heavily for two days. We had a six hour storm on Friday night! I had a great time though and spent the entire week wandering around Volterra, San Gimignano, Gambassi and Siena taking about 800 photographs.

I thought Tango might like this one!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:15 pm

^Tango does, superb stuff Clapton. I might just have a go at that one with your permission of course...

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:^Tango does, superb stuff Clapton. I might just have a go at that one with your permission of course...
Of course.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 pm

clapton is god wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:^Tango does, superb stuff Clapton. I might just have a go at that one with your permission of course...
Of course.
I did a vaguely similar impressionist tunnel and lanterns thing a while back. I've put it in the painting thread so as not to get in the way here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Clapton. My impressionist version of your cracking photo is up in the painting thread. I made a few changes of view, shortened the perspective and chopped it down some etc but stayed with your main theme. Thanks again for the pic.

ps, a friend of mine was asking about painting/photography combined holidays. Have you and your wife heard of them or been on any?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Clapton. My impressionist version of your cracking photo is up in the painting thread. I made a few changes of view, shortened the perspective and chopped it down some etc but stayed with your main theme. Thanks again for the pic.

ps, a friend of mine was asking about painting/photography combined holidays. Have you and your wife heard of them or been on any?
Not really no. The holiday we have just been on was a painting trip but I went along with camera and got a discount of £50 because I wasn't receiving tuition, although as a group we all remained together mostly. We actually stayed in Mussolini's head pilot honcho's villa in Tuscany. It was great fun for me and I think I got more out of it that the painters. I should perhaps mention that a week or two before we went we were slightly worried when we found the other five attendees were all over 80 years, all female and all widows! Shouldn't have worried though, they all had more energy than I did!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:57 am

clapton is god wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Clapton. My impressionist version of your cracking photo is up in the painting thread. I made a few changes of view, shortened the perspective and chopped it down some etc but stayed with your main theme. Thanks again for the pic.

Not really no. The holiday we have just been on was a painting trip but I went along with camera and got a discount of £50 because I wasn't receiving tuition, although as a group we all remained together mostly. We actually stayed in Mussolini's head pilot honcho's villa in Tuscany. It was great fun for me and I think I got more out of it that the painters. I should perhaps mention that a week or two before we went we were slightly worried when we found the other five attendees were all over 80 years, all female and all widows! Shouldn't have worried though, they all had more energy than I did!

Ya mucky pup! No wonder you were tired........ :wink: :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:22 am

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd stick this here...

Can anyone recommend an idiot proof digital camera for my parents? When I say idiot proof, I'm talking Darwin Award levels of idiot proof. We're talking about someone that will try and use a tv remote control to scroll the page on a pc and spend 2 hours on Skype telling me the computer is broken :shock:

The camera doesn't need to be amazing, just take reasonable photos and not be too small/fiddly or too many buttons to confuse. In fact, if it has a power button and a take photo button and nothing else that would save me many future hours of problem solving!

Any suggestions welcome :D

* now waits for the smart arse comments!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 pm

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys ... mera-pink/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank me later
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Cheers Boris. My Dad would kill me if I bought them that! :lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
They do it in blue, too :D
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
He's a Citeh fan :)

It's only 2mp, so a no go. I'm going to do a sneaky and get my brother in the UK to buy it and give him the money. That way I can send them to him with problems as he bought it and I've not seen it etc :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
He's a Citeh fan :)

It's only 2mp, so a no go. I'm going to do a sneaky and get my brother in the UK to buy it and give him the money. That way I can send them to him with problems as he bought it and I've not seen it etc :mrgreen:
And you haven't declined his services as father on that basis? Would save you half the camera and your mum might just go for the pink one.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 am

Worthy4England wrote:
And you haven't declined his services as father on that basis? Would save you half the camera and your mum might just go for the pink one.
He never took me to see them, so saved me. Weirdly my first match as a youngster was when he took me to Bury v Chesterfield :shock: Having 2 Man U supporting brothers and an Everton (weirdo) supporting one, I reckon I did ok :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:45 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He never took me to see them, so saved me. Weirdly my first match as a youngster was when he took me to Bury v Chesterfield :shock: Having 2 Man U supporting brothers and an Everton (weirdo) supporting one, I reckon I did ok :mrgreen:
Think you've done great, coming out of such a dysfunctional family group mate. :D